+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
HI,Sorry for late update. Just a small correction: I have 2 applicants, TA/RA Only, from China.

Thank you guys for keeping us tracked. Wish all get PER and AOR soon.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hi guys, I got my PER yesterday (email dated March 21, and 9:23 AM Eastern Time). As you can tell from the spreadsheet, I'm a single applicant, applying with only TA/RA experience (though I claimed a bit more than a year worth of RA/TA [so 6 months full-time] from a US university, which was much clearer in the breakdown of hours than most Canadian universities). I claimed no adaptability points from spouse, and had no Canadian degree (though all of my other degrees were from the United States).

It's hard to say, but maybe as TyrusX suggested, they do seem to require a lot of time to verify your documents if they are mostly overseas, and this would seem to depend from country to country. And it does look like they check more than just your enrolment in a PhD program and English scores before PER as we have seen from some of the cases here (though the PER email says that only these two criteria would be evaluated for eligibility purposes, but the instruction guide mentioned they checked your points before forwarding your application to the visa office).

Hopefully the VO would be no different in their interpretation of work experience (the most prone aspect for applicants like me) and other things. I really really hope that everybody else (especially those applying earlier) will get their PER's (and AOR) soon as well (as the time-lines for some of the applicants seem to be getting more and more ridiculous).

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Hi guys, I got my PER yesterday (email dated March 21, and 9:23 AM Eastern Time). As you can tell from the spreadsheet, I'm a single applicant, applying with only TA/RA experience (though I claimed a bit more than a year worth of RA/TA [so 6 months full-time] from a US university, which was much clearer in the breakdown of hours than most Canadian universities). I claimed no adaptability points from spouse, and had no Canadian degree (though all of my other degrees were from the United States).
Congrats man!l Now for "Anxiety, part 2: AOR Waits". We also have a new record. PER in 34 days. This seems to suggest that they really are streamlining the FSW3!!! At least at Sidney level.

YNS

Mar 22, 2012
My application is cashed out on March 13 for the application that was received on March 7. RA/TA are included plus 2 others from IRAN

edwin83

Feb 8, 2012
Hi guys,

I get my PER at 6:40 AM (GMT) time today. I am very happy now :D.

Good luck to everyone!

Tyrus, please update my information:
2 applicants in my case, TA/RA only. Thanks.

edwin83

Feb 8, 2012
asbereth said:

It's hard to say, but maybe as TyrusX suggested, they do seem to require a lot of time to verify your documents if they are mostly overseas, and this would seem to depend from country to country. And it does look like they check more than just your enrolment in a PhD program and English scores before PER as we have seen from some of the cases here (though the PER email says that only these two criteria would be evaluated for eligibility purposes, but the instruction guide mentioned they checked your points before forwarding your application to the visa office).

Hopefully the VO would be no different in their interpretation of work experience (the most prone aspect for applicants like me) and other things. I really really hope that everybody else (especially those applying earlier) will get their PER's (and AOR) soon as well (as the time-lines for some of the applicants seem to be getting more and more ridiculous).
Congratulations, asbereth :)

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
Congrats man!l Now for "Anxiety, part 2: AOR Waits". We also have a new record. PER in 34 days. This seems to suggest that they really are streamlining the FSW3!!! At least at Sidney level.
Thanks, man. Apparently, edwin83's PER was even faster, less than a month :) !!!! Anyway, what is the significance of AOR, and how is it different than 2nd AOR? I'm assuming that, between PER and AOR, they do not really do any processing to our applications, and AOR is just that, to acknowledge that they have received our applications?

edwin83 said:
Hi guys,

I get my PER at 6:40 AM (GMT) time today. I am very happy now :D.

Good luck to everyone!

Tyrus, please update my information:
2 applicants in my case, TA/RA only. Thanks.
Congrats, man :D !!! Just wondering, but do you have any Canadian post-secondary degrees?

And I hope all others will too get their PER's as well :)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
Thanks, man. Apparently, edwin83's PER was even faster, less than a month :) !!!! Anyway, what is the significance of AOR, and how is it different than 2nd AOR? I'm assuming that, between PER and AOR, they do not really do any processing to our applications, and AOR is just that, to acknowledge that they have received our applications?

Congrats, man :D !!! Just wondering, but do you have any Canadian post-secondary degrees?

The AOR I was referring to is the 2nd AOR. It just means that the VO got your documents.
congrat edwin83! New record again! They are obviously speeding up things! 27 days from application to PER Is really fast!

edwin83

Feb 8, 2012
asbereth said:

No, I don't have Canadian post-secondary degree. I got my Master's degree from China.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Hi Everyone,
CIC received my application on 1st March, CC cashed on 13th March and I got my PER today i.e. on 22nd March :). BTW I am Indian. I hope everyone gets PER and AOR soon.

Good Luck to all..

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
mkrp21 said:
Hi Everyone,
CIC received my application on 1st March, CC cashed on 13th March and I got my PER today i.e. on 22nd March :). BTW I am Indian. I hope everyone gets PER and AOR soon.

Good Luck to all..
HOLY COW!!! PER in 3 weeks must be a REAL Record! Congrats. Please post the number of applicants and your work experience.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
TyrusX said:
HOLY COW!!! PER in 3 weeks must be a REAL Record! Congrats. Please post the number of applicants and your work experience.
Thanks TyrusX,
Yes, it is pretty fast. Only one applicant and TA/RA only as experience.

phdapplicant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
I called CIC today. They told me that I would have to wait for one more month.
I guess they are verifying my work experience. It's kind of complicated because I worked in several countries (Vietnam, US) before coming to Canada.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
asbereth said:

Congrats asbereth!...great to know that an application from waterloo went through with just TA/RA experience!
hoping to submit my application in the next couple of weeks ::)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
anjuku said:
Congrats asbereth!...great to know that an application from waterloo went through with just TA/RA experience!
hoping to submit my application in the next couple of weeks ::)
No only it went through, it actually seems to go fast if you apply only with it!