+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
Hey guys,

i am from India. It is quite possible that the PR system is similar to how it is in the US for green card. In the US they want to make sure all nationalities are more or less proportionally represented. It is common (and in fact a known thing) for chinese and Indian nationals to have a longer wait than people from say xx country :D. No offense to anyone.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
JBR said:
i am from India. It is quite possible that the PR system is similar to how it is in the US for green card. In the US they want to make sure all nationalities are more or less proportionally represented. It is common (and in fact a known thing) for chinese and Indian nationals to have a longer wait than people from say xx country :D. No offense to anyone.
I suspect that too. I assumed that we would have a lot of qualified and skilled applicants from India and China :) , and that probably partially explained why some of the applicants have longer waiting times. I do hope that all of the early applicants (and everybody else obviously) will get their PER's soon :D

TyrusX said:
Thanks for this :D. My suspicion right now is that they do check the validity of the documents somehow, and different countries have different levels of thrust inside CIC.
But better put this idea on the list of crazy speculations. If everyone updates their nationality, we can confirm if there is such a trend or not.
Based on Reno's case, they also seem to check your work experience as well during eligibility review (before PER), though I guess the VO would obviously have the final say (and they purposefully made it ambiguous by saying that they only checked your PhD enrollment, but we know for sure that that's not all they do before PER).

One very glaring trend from the spreadsheet though, none of the single applicants with only TA/RA has been granted PER (though we did indeed see some applicants with only TA/RA experience got their PER's already, and they're among the fastest). And most people with more than one applicants usually claimed some sort of adaptability points from their spouses as well.

S

s.guo82

JBR said:
Hey guys,

I do perceive that. However, they should bring everything above board.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
JBR said:
Hey guys,

i am from India. It is quite possible that the PR system is similar to how it is in the US for green card. In the US they want to make sure all nationalities are more or less proportionally represented. It is common (and in fact a known thing) for Chinese and Indian nationals to have a longer wait than people from say xx country :D. No offense to anyone.
Agreed. Keep posting your nationalities people!

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
Sorry for my late response guys. I was too busy today and could not reply earlier.

Regarding your questions:

AST: For TA and RA I included an employment verification letter from my institution HR department and also a letter from my supervisor.
sarsanballa: I did supply T4 and T4A slips
asbereth: yes, I did claim adaptability points through my spouse's education and also a relative in Canada

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
samira sokn said:
Has any one gotten AOR yet or not? when do you guys expect it?
My guess is somewhere between today and two months from now, at least.

supergoldenfish

Dec 17, 2011
which number you call? would you mind tell me?thx

phdapplicant said:
It's almost 100 days for me, but no PER yet. I did call CIC to ask about the status, but they was unable to tell me anything, except that my application had been received in December.

I'm giving up my hope ;D

Anyway, here is my additional info:
No. of applicants: 2
TA/RA experience: Other + included
Nationalities: Vietnam

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
Hey everyone,

I can't believe I just found this site today...and I spent the last three hours reading through your posts! Very helpful indeed!

So my application was received by CIC on March 8th, and I just found out they charged my cc yesterday. I wasn't expecting this at all because I thought I'll just be waiting endlessly!!

Anyway, I'm a completely newbie and if it's a stupid question, please be patient with me^^ I'm wondering since when we can track our status on their website? Is it after you receive the PER? Or if not, when would it be? And what number should I use if I haven't received any letter from CIC yet?

Thanks a lot, and finally I feel that I'm not alone:)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Luigiovemma said:
Hey everyone,

I can't believe I just found this site today...and I spent the last three hours reading through your posts! Very helpful indeed!

So my application was received by CIC on March 8th, and I just found out they charged my cc yesterday. I wasn't expecting this at all because I thought I'll just be waiting endlessly!!

Anyway, I'm a completely newbie and if it's a stupid question, please be patient with me^^ I'm wondering since when we can track our status on their website? Is it after you receive the PER? Or if not, when would it be? And what number should I use if I haven't received any letter from CIC yet?

Thanks a lot, and finally I feel that I'm not alone:)
Hi Luigiovemma, can you post your nationality,the kind of work experience you have, and the number of applicants?
E-cas is available when you application is scanned for the first time, but no one can tell you exactly when that happens after being cashed. I would say about 10 days nowadays.
You should use your Client Id, that is on your study permit (a number like xxxx-xxxx).

I'm posting your data on the spreadsheet.

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
Sure.

Nationality: China
Work experience: TA/RA only
Applicants#: 2

TyrusX said:
Hi Luigiovemma, can you post your nationality,the kind of work experience you have, and the number of applicants?
E-cas is available when you application is scanned for the first time, but no one can tell you exactly when that happens after being cashed. I would say about 10 days nowadays.
You should use your Client Id, that is on your study permit (a number like xxxx-xxxx).

I'm posting your data on the spreadsheet.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
I'm wondering, is there anyone here that selected a different VO than Buffalo?