19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
snow_walker said:
I don't think language test is important. Cause my IELTS band score was 8.5 and I got 8+ in all individual sections (writing, speaking etc.). Yet, I have received PER after 109 days..... Yes, I have just got the PER today. :D

See the spreadsheet, first block of applicants (applicant till mid december) are getting PER after around ~100 days and applicants after that getting PER within ~70 days. I believe, they had a different process/workforce number till mid December. They have changed that now and probably it will change to faster processing afterwards.
CONGRATS!!!!!! So happy for you. If wasn't you we would not be here today!
And spreadsheet updated! :D

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
snow_walker said:
I don't think language test is important. Cause my IELTS band score was 8.5 and I got 8+ in all individual sections (writing, speaking etc.). Yet, I have received PER after 109 days..... Yes, I have just got the PER today. :D

See the spreadsheet, first block of applicants (applicant till mid december) are getting PER after around ~100 days and applicants after that getting PER within ~70 days. I believe, they had a different process/workforce number till mid December. They have changed that now and probably it will change to faster processing afterwards.
Congrats. Good news. Hope they would proceed as you said.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
snow_walker said:

Congrats!
IS you PER email having the same words and format like mine? If you do not mind, could you paste the part of selection criteria of PER? Thank you.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Holy crap, it's about time. Congrats snow_walker :D !!!! It must be tough waiting that long, seeing all of the other guys that applied much later already got their PER way before you, but it once again proves the randomness of the process :) Maybe we should really keep track of nationalities as well, just to see if there is any correlation.

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
cdhbamboo said:
Congrats!
IS you PER email having the same words and format like mine? If you do not mind, could you paste the part of selection criteria of PER? Thank you.
It says the same thing in my email also. May be CIC just send PER on the basis of PhD enrollment/completion criteria.

Applications from international students who are currently enrolled in a PhD program, or foreign nationals who have completed a PhD program, in a recognized educational institution located in Canada and that are accompanied by the results of the principal applicant's English or French language proficiency assessment are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
It doesn't mention anything about work experience.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
snow_walker said:
It says the same thing in my email also. May be CIC just send PER on the basis of PhD enrollment/completion criteria.

It doesn't mention anything about work experience.
It is the same for everyone. Do you agree that they are not really looking the details too? Do you think putting nationality in the spreadsheet is useful?

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TyrusX said:
It is the same for everyone. Do you agree that they are not really looking the details too? Do you think putting nationality in the spreadsheet is useful?
I'm not sure about the work experience part, but I think it is helpful to put the nationality in the spreadsheet as well. ;D

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
OK. I added the nationality column.

Reno

Feb 9, 2012
Hi, I just got an email from CIC today. I didn't get PER. Apparently, the visa officer didn't think that I have enough hours to count as one-year work experience. I only submitted my TA/RA as work experience. I have had TA jobs for almost 6 years now, and there should be enough hours (37.5 hours x 54 weeks), so I don't really know what happened. Anyways, I don't think I am gonna resubmitted my application for this particular stream. Good luck guys!! Wish you the best for the rest of the journey!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Reno said:
Hi, I just got an email from CIC today. I didn't get PER. Apparently, the visa officer didn't think that I have enough hours to count as one-year work experience. I only submitted my TA/RA as work experience. I have had TA jobs for almost 6 years now, and there should be enough hours (37.5 hours x 54 weeks), so I don't really know what happened. Anyways, I don't think I am gonna resubmitted my application for this particular stream. Good luck guys!! Wish you the best for the rest of the journey!
I'm really sorry to hear that Reno. I think you should try to submit again, I know you are very upset by now, after waiting so long, but maybe you can find a way to better express or prove your work experience as TA. If you don't mind, can you post the past of the letter that says about the work experience? That way, we can try to make better sense of what is going one there.

If you decide to move on without applying now, remember there is always the Provincial nominee for recent phd graduates and other alternatives.

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
This is interesting. People with only TA/RA experience are getting mixed response based on what has been said here. I guess the process is really random. I dont know how my app is going to proceed now. Waiting.

Reno

Feb 9, 2012
Thank TyrusX. I think I am going to try PNP, after defending my thesis this summer.

TyrusX said:
I'm really sorry to hear that Reno. I think you should try to submit again, I know you are very upset by now, after waiting so long, but maybe you can find a way to better express or prove your work experience as TA. If you don't mind, can you post the past of the letter that says about the work experience? That way, we can try to make better sense of what is going one there.

If you decide to move on without applying now, remember there is always the Provincial nominee for recent phd graduates and other alternatives.