Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
cdhbamboo, congratulations :D !!! That was fast. If you don't mind sharing, did you claim any eligibility points from your spouse or did you have previous Canadian degree?

Anyway, regarding PER, it's hard to say. What we know from the instruction guide, though, the CIO would only send your application to the visa office if you get higher than 67 and meet and minimum requirements.

Phase: Selection and Admissibility

If your application is eligible for processing, your application will be assessed against the following requirements:

minimal requirements
selection factors
sufficient funds
admissibility (criminality, security, medical)
If your score is equal to or greater than the pass mark, your application will be sent to the visa office for further processing.
Maybe the selection and admissibility phase happens before the application gets sent to the visa office, but after PER? But then again, I've heard storied of people getting NER because they don't have enough points, so I'm not sure. Can anybody clarify this matter?

ngag

Mar 9, 2012
I claimed 3 years of experience in addition to the TAs . Got the PER on March 9th.

My guess is the minimum points verification is done by CIC prior to PER issuing, but the work experience requirement seems to be of less importance than we think. Maybe the 1 year of experience condition does not apply to our case at all. ::)
In the mail I received, it was mentioned that I am eligible based on my studying for more than 2 years towards the PhD, and having the language proficiency exam done.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
cdhbamboo said:
Hi, another PER.
My application was received on Jan 25,2012, cashed CC Feb 23, and PER today.

For one clarification: I guess CIO does not review the validity of our work experience (the minimum one year work experience) and 67 points requirement at the stage of PER for our stream.

" Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. "

Because my work experience is exactly one year (2000 hours) with lots of break, including summer breaks and even a break between my master's and PhD. I apply with pure TA/RA experience, 2 Applicants. IN process now. I guessed I would get a returned package and refund. Now I think I cannot get anyone back.

The format of the PER email is exactly like others'.
congrats, I was afraid there would be not PER this week.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
ngag said:
I claimed 3 years of experience in addition to the TAs . Got the PER on March 9th.

My guess is the minimum points verification is done by CIC prior to PER issuing, but the work experience requirement seems to be of less importance than we think. Maybe the 1 year of experience condition does not apply to our case at all. ::)
In the mail I received, it was mentioned that I am eligible based on my studying for more than 2 years towards the PhD, and having the language proficiency exam done.
It does, I have a colleague that applied without and got returned without even being cashed.
Things will be accessed more strictly in the visa office. They can even call the employers, etc.
I invited a lot of people I know to participate, but the are not interest, unfortunately.
Sad reality is that right now no clear pattern appeared in the spreadsheet. I now believe they give PER
faster to the cute ones first. LOL :p

Also, with cdhbamboo, we actually see a increase in PER time for the first time, what indicates the obvious: they started to get swamped with new applicants and things may not got much faster than this.

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
cdhbamboo said:
Hi, another PER.
My application was received on Jan 25,2012, cashed CC Feb 23, and PER today.

For one clarification: I guess CIO does not review the validity of our work experience (the minimum one year work experience) and 67 points requirement at the stage of PER for our stream.

" Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. "

Because my work experience is exactly one year (2000 hours) with lots of break, including summer breaks and even a break between my master's and PhD. I apply with pure TA/RA experience, 2 Applicants. IN process now. I guessed I would get a returned package and refund. Now I think I cannot get anyone back.

The format of the PER email is exactly like others'.
congratulation!!

Now I'm nervous about my application. How about Sonw_walker? Hasn't seen him for a long time.

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
MapleDream said:
congratulation!!

Now I'm nervous about my application. How about Sonw_walker? Hasn't seen him for a long time.
I didn't get my PER yet.... :( I called CIC and they told me that they are still reviewing the application....

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
asbereth said:
cdhbamboo, congratulations :D !!! That was fast. If you don't mind sharing, did you claim any eligibility points from your spouse or did you have previous Canadian degree?

Anyway, regarding PER, it's hard to say. What we know from the instruction guide, though, the CIO would only send your application to the visa office if you get higher than 67 and meet and minimum requirements.
Yes, I claimed my wife's master and 2 years study of PhD for adaptability.Regarding to the CIO, what I want to say is that it is possible that they are check 67 points and minimum requirement. However, it is not their responsibility.

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
snow_walker said:
I didn't get my PER yet.... :( I called CIC and they told me that they are still reviewing the application....
Now, I wonder whether the language score plays an important role in this stage. My score is 4 Moderates. It's not good enough. Do you guys agree with me?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
MapleDream said:
Now, I wonder whether the language score plays an important role in this stage. My score is 4 Moderates. It's not good enough. Do you guys agree with me?
Do you mean 4 like 4 out of 16?

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. These instructions specify that applications from international students who are currently enrolled in a PhD program, or foreign nationals who have completed a PhD program, in a recognized educational institution located in Canada and that are accompanied by the results of the principal applicant’s English or French language proficiency assessment are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011.

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence. "

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
cdhbamboo said:
Yes, I claimed my wife's master and 2 years study of PhD for adaptability.Regarding to the CIO, what I want to say is that it is possible that they are check 67 points and minimum requirement. However, it is not their responsibility.
Yes, the admissibility part is responsibility of the VO, in our case Buffalo. That means they will confirm everything you said on your application and more.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
What I am trying to say is that CIO only responds to the eligibility review.
If we look at the instruction and law carefully, I think:
The eligibility is the three selection requirements online, which is taken care of by CIO . if we meet these requirements, then we are eligible for process.
While the first step of the process is to determine whehter we meet the minimum requirement( work experience), which is decided by Visa Office.
My point is even we got PER, it does not necessarily mean that we got 67 definitely, or our work experience considered as valid.
What CIO suppose to do for our stream is that:"on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. "
And the immigration law define what is 'skilled workers', that is applicants with one year work experience.
The minister cannot change the law. what he could do is decide which kind of people to be eligible for process, and the process is regulated by the law.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
cdhbamboo said:
My point is even we got PER, it does not necessarily mean that we got 67 definitely, or our work experience considered as valid.
What CIO suppose to do for our stream is that:"on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. "
And the immigration law define what is 'skilled workers', that is applicants with one year work experience.
The minister cannot change the law. what he could do is decide which kind of people to be eligible for process, and the process is regulated by the law.
You might be right about the PER, but in the instruction guide, it was stated that the application would only be sent to the visa office if you get above 67 points (at least according to the CIO interpretation).

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
cdhbamboo said:
What I am trying to say is that CIO only responds to the eligibility review.
If we look at the instruction and law carefully, I think:
The eligibility is the three selection requirements online, which is taken care of by CIO . if we meet these requirements, then we are eligible for process.
While the first step of the process is to determine whehter we meet the minimum requirement( work experience), which is decided by Visa Office.
Yes, yes, we agree! There is no guarantee of anything. There are people here in the forum that got rejected even after paying the right to permanent residence!

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
MapleDream said:
I don't think language test is important. Cause my IELTS band score was 8.5 and I got 8+ in all individual sections (writing, speaking etc.). Yet, I have received PER after 109 days..... Yes, I have just got the PER today. :D

See the spreadsheet, first block of applicants (applicant till mid december) are getting PER after around ~100 days and applicants after that getting PER within ~70 days. I believe, they had a different process/workforce number till mid December. They have changed that now and probably it will change to faster processing afterwards.