+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

S

s.guo82

carol_0130 said:
oh yes, it was typed. Thank you for reminding me that. I guess I was too nervous about it. Hope to get PER soon.........
me too. I am kinda panicking.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Still no news whatsoever?

khan200us

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 November 2014
Doc's Request.
08-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Docs 8.0 band
Med's Request
11 May 2016
Med's Done....
3 June 2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2016
LANDED..........
26 July 2016
I am doing Ph.D. in Finland and would like to move to Canada and start a Ph.D. My profession is Information Systems/Marketing/Business Management.

Can you please recommend a qualifying institute which charges a reasonable tuition fee for Ph.D. studies? The cheaper the better because I might be doing it to qualify for FSW Ph.D. stream.

Kind Regards
Khan

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
khan200us said:
I am doing Ph.D. in Finland and would like to move to Canada and start a Ph.D. My profession is Information Systems/Marketing/Business Management.

Can you please recommend a qualifying institute which charges a reasonable tuition fee for Ph.D. studies? The cheaper the better because I might be doing it to qualify for FSW Ph.D. stream.

Kind Regards
Khan
Dude, I really advise against you doing that. There is no guarantees that the PhD stream will last. If you apply now you may start you degree only in 2013 and if the rules stay the same, you would qualify only in 2015. AGAIN, there is no guarantees that the PhD stream will be available next year, much less 3 years from now.

If you are really desperate to immigrate, the best option in my opinion is to do a trades course and immigrate using the list of professions that Canada needs. If I were smarter, I had taken a Crane operator degree instead of a masters LOL. :p You already applied, I can see on you signature, why simply not wait?

If you still want to risk, be aware that Canadian Universities are much more course based than Europeans, and tuition here is expensive around 12-15 thousand per year.
http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/rankings/

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
It's more than 3 months since my application reached CIC, but I haven't got PER yet. Should I send an Email to CIC?

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
MapleDream said:
It's more than 3 months since my application reached CIC, but I haven't got PER yet. Should I send an Email to CIC?
it wouldnt hurt and they take at least 3 weeks to reply.

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
MapleDream said:
I suggest you call them. Emailing them is actually a joke IMHO cause it shall take so long time..

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
I suggest you call them. Emailing them is actually a joke IMHO cause it shall take so long time..
It seems to me that CIC is pretty quiet this week. Nothing new on their website too, no new operational bulletins, or updates whatsoever.
This is interesting:
http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Hi there,
I applied for PR under the PhD stream too.
My papers were received by the CIO in February 13.
My credit card was charge in February 29.
When I check my application status online, all it says is "IN PROCESS".
I'm hoping to get a file number soon.
Regards,
RGB

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
PS. If you can update my info in the database/spreadsheet, that would be great. I promise to send updates when something changes.
RGB

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
rgb said:
PS. If you can update my info in the database/spreadsheet, that would be great. I promise to send updates when something changes.
RGB
Updated my friend! Be very welcome!

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Hi, another PER.
My application was received on Jan 25,2012, cashed CC Feb 23, and PER today.

For one clarification: I guess CIO does not review the validity of our work experience (the minimum one year work experience) and 67 points requirement at the stage of PER for our stream.

" Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of your enrollment in, or completion of, a PhD program as specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on November 5, 2011. "

Because my work experience is exactly one year (2000 hours) with lots of break, including summer breaks and even a break between my master's and PhD. I apply with pure TA/RA experience, 2 Applicants. IN process now. I guessed I would get a returned package and refund. Now I think I cannot get anyone back.

The format of the PER email is exactly like others'.