+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Reno

Feb 9, 2012
Hi, compared to waiting for some unknown time to hear back from them, I might just wait for a few months to apply under PNP after my defense. Anyway, I think I didn't have a TA job for the summer of 2007. After that, I pretty much had continuous TA work. But, you might be right, that summer might have been the reason why I don't have a "continuous" 1950 hours.

asbereth said:
Reno, thanks for being so positive :D But would you at least consider contesting the decision, since I really do think that you have a good enough reason to do so (unless there were indeed some prolonged breaks within the past 6 years that would prevent you from getting the required 1,950 hours)?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Reno said:
Hi, compared to waiting for some unknown time to hear back from them, I might just wait for a few months to apply under PNP after my defense. Anyway, I think I didn't have a TA job for the summer of 2007. After that, I pretty much had continuous TA work. But, you might be right, that summer might have been the reason why I don't have a "continuous" 1950 hours.
I agree with you about the PNP thing. It will probably be much faster. You are lucky to be in a province that has such as thing.

Reno

Feb 9, 2012
Hi, TyrusX. I also think this FSW PhD stream should be relatively fast as well. I still expect that someone of this thread will get passport request by June or July. Let's hope that will be the case!

TyrusX said:
I agree with you about the PNP thing. It will probably be much faster. You are lucky to be in a province that has such as thing.

AF___

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-12
Doc's Request.
09-01-13
Med's Request
22-03-13
Med's Done....
06-04-13
Passport Req..
22-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-13
Reno said:
I heard that you can apply for PNP in the last year of your degree. So, you don't need to wait for your defense, I think!

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
asbereth said:
I see. I suppose what 'begin shortly' means will be crucial here. So you really claimed no other work experience than TA/RA? I'm assuming that you only claimed the T4 portion of your income? Be that as it may, with at least 5 adaptability points from your wife, then you have at the very least 71 points (or 76 if you get the 2 years of PhD adaptability points, which are still ambiguous), so that could probably help expedite the whole process.
I Only claimed TA/RA, and almost half of them appears on the T4A. T4 or T4A doesn't matter, I guess. However, I think the 'continuous' requirement is up to officers' discretionary judgement. and I have a letter to explain my work experience. So a remind to other coming applicant, pay some attention to explain any break or flaw in your work experience.

Reno

Feb 9, 2012
Thanks, AF_. I will look into it! have a great weekend, pals.

AF___ said:
I heard that you can apply for PNP in the last year of your degree. So, you don't need to wait for your defense, I think!

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Reno, I am sorry to hear your status now. I think if you go through the PN, it should be much faster. BTW, Mine is in process now.

jessiezz

Jan 31, 2012
Sorry that there might be some misunderstanding that I just found out my nationality in the spreadsheet is "Iran", but I am actually from China.

ppb12

Jan 18, 2012
Money order has been cashed on 15th March, Now in process....Congratulation guys who have already received PER.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Congrats people that got cashed.

Can all of you post your nationalities from now on?

MapleDream

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Dec 2011
I'm from China.
I haven't got any news yet...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Applications received toward the overall cap: 424 of 1,000

And read this if you have time:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-19.asp

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
Can any one check the status online? I couldnot see my application status on ECAS!!! :(

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AST said:
Can any one check the status online? I couldnot see my application status on ECAS!!! :(
i can check mine. make sure that your are entering the client ID in xxxx-xxxx format.