Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hi 2marriedPhDs, Our timelines are pretty much same. Did you apply for GCMS recently? If so what are due dates for eligibility? Thank you.

Blackhorse

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
N_O said:
I think it would be better to start by sending them an email, explaining what has happened, also contact your MP. If you're going to appeal, this should be within 2 weeks of the decision, but it takes so long and costs too much!

Good luck!
I already replied the rejection email and explained that the last letter was not a reference letter. Is there any other email address in CIC that I can object the final officer's decision?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
AXMMS said:
Yes, he did. In our university, there are 3 full semesters in a year (typically no summer school). He's been registered as a full time student for two full years.

We were wondering if it was because he didn't take courses every term. Since he already met his course requirements for PhD program, he wasn't taking courses every term in the first two years. But, again, he did register for two full years!!
I don't think that this is the case. I just took courses in the first term and did not even send the transcript as it was not nessessary. The attestention letter was enough for them. There is probably somthing wrong with the attestention letter. Does it have an emblem stamp?

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
Hello,
Does anyone know whether we have to physically mail the RCMP criminal records or email is enough?
Thanks

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
haithy said:
Hello,
Does anyone know whether we have to physically mail the RCMP criminal records or email is enough?
Thanks
U need to send it by mail.

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
The attestation letter looks exactly the same as the one provided by cic. In the return letter, cic gave us a copy of the letter and said that we didn't include that letter. As a matter of fact, the letter was in the documents we sent and it had the university head, official stamp, and signature by the head of grad studies office.

Since the application was returned once before, my fiancé included his official transcript (sealed) and the attestation letter just in case they were going to be picky. Still, didn't go through! Now, we really have no idea what's the next step. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Parkinson said:
I don't think that this is the case. I just took courses in the first term and did not even send the transcript as it was not nessessary. The attestention letter was enough for them. There is probably somthing wrong with the attestention letter. Does it have an emblem stamp?

pxjiushun100

Mar 9, 2014
Hi All,
I was rejected today because the "letter of reference you submitted listed duties that does not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code 4012". In particular, the officer pointed out that I do not meet the requirements of b) in the subsection 75(2) of the immigration ans refugee protection regulations which is "during the period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of NOC"
My application was submitted in Jan, 2013.
I had been RA and TA for five years and got 4 publications. I have two questions:
1, Is there a sample reference letter of work experience that matches all the requirement of CIC.
2, I can ask new reference letters. It is possible send them and ask for a reconsideration.

Thank you very much.
I am in the stage of writing my thesis. Really disturbed by this rejection. Hope to know what is the best action next.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
pxjiushun100 said:
Hi All,
I was rejected today because the "letter of reference you submitted listed duties that does not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code 4012". In particular, the officer pointed out that I do not meet the requirements of b) in the subsection 75(2) of the immigration ans refugee protection regulations which is "during the period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of NOC"
My application was submitted in Jan, 2013.
I had been RA and TA for five years and got 4 publications. I have two questions:
1, Is there a sample reference letter of work experience that matches all the requirement of CIC.
2, I can ask new reference letters. It is possible send them and ask for a reconsideration.

Thank you very much.
I am in the stage of writing my thesis. Really disturbed by this rejection. Hope to know what is the best action next.
Sorry, about that. After one is rejected, the next step is to reapply (unless they made a mistake and you appeal, or contact your MP). One can submit new (updated) reference letters up until the rejection.

There are sample reference letters floating around. I believe N_O, among others, has some in their signature

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Blackhorse said:
I already replied the rejection email and explained that the last letter was not a reference letter. Is there any other email address in CIC that I can object the final officer's decision?
No, this is the only email, they'll reply for sure and explain what has happened. Meanwhile, meet your MP and submit your appeal as you just have 2 weeks from the date of the final decision.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
haithy said:
Hello,
Thanks
Did you get a document request? If yes, when was it? I am asking to update the tracker.

vn82

Jan 25, 2013
Hello All,

I have a question. I would like to apply to extend my wife's stay in Canada. They asked her to take a medical exam. The Panel physician will send the medical report online to CIC. Our PR application is in processing and may be we will be given a medical request soon. Can she use one medical exam for both cases? I mean can she pay the medical exam fee once and send the report to CIC for both PR and her stay extension. I know the medical report is valid for ONE year. So the panel physician will provide the medical report whenever we want.

Thank you,

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have a question about new regulations for Federal Skilled worker program, announced by CIC. Is there any change for Phd stream?

m.samy

May 2, 2014
zorroo said:
Hi,
I have a question about new regulations for Federal Skilled worker program, announced by CIC. Is there any change for Phd stream?
its the same but they will accept only 500 till jaunray as it says on the website