+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

m.samy

May 2, 2014
a question to the seniors ,
i am preparing my experience letter ,will apply as teaching assistant as i have no research assistance experience at all ,will be very hard to get a letter saying so.
do you think this will affect my chances?
and are TA and RA diffrent positions under the same NOC code? or they are just one position ?
i.e do i have to be both TA and RA or one is enough?
because i have read some of the questions and some ppl with both experiences got rejected?
i know for sure that each one had their own NOC number but now they have the same number?
any ideas,please help

thank you guys in advance

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
N_O said:
Did you get a document request? If yes, when was it? I am asking to update the tracker.
Hello N_O
yes I have received a POF request on April 3rd, 2014
and the medical, RPRF, and RCMP criminal records requests were received on April 17th, 2014
best regards with your application

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
m.samy said:
a question to the seniors ,
i am preparing my experience letter ,will apply as teaching assistant as i have no research assistance experience at all ,will be very hard to get a letter saying so.
do you think this will affect my chances?
and are TA and RA diffrent positions under the same NOC code? or they are just one position ?
i.e do i have to be both TA and RA or one is enough?
because i have read some of the questions and some ppl with both experiences got rejected?
i know for sure that each one had their own NOC number but now they have the same number?
any ideas,please help

thank you guys in advance
As far as I know, you can have either RA or TA or both of them. But, it should be at least for one year full-time and continuous or equivalent continuous part-time. The problem with only TA is that it is hard to have 1 year continuous TA as universities usually don't offer TA job in summer. If you really have one year full-time continuous TA or equivalent part time (the part-time equivalent should also be continuous) with good supporting docs to prove your claim, I think it's OK; but if you don't provide enough docs, they might not believe you just based on the ref. letter as they know there usually is not TA job during summer.

m.samy

May 2, 2014
Parkinson said:
As far as I know, you can have either RA or TA or both of them. But, it should be at least for one year full-time and continuous or equivalent continuous part-time. The problem with only TA is that it is hard to have 1 year continuous TA as universities usually don't offer TA job in summer. If you really have one year full-time continuous TA or equivalent part time (the part-time equivalent should also be continuous) with good supporting docs to prove your claim, I think it's OK; but if you don't provide enough docs, they might not believe you just based on the ref. letter as they know there usually is not TA job during summer.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR your reply,however i have TA experience for 4 years from my university in Egypt?and i can provide proof by the reference letter that can be signed from the dean and by the official government stamp?do you think that will work???in Egypt TA is a permenat position and when you get your phd in few years later you become a lecturer.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
haithy said:
Hello N_O
and the medical, RPRF, and RCMP criminal records requests were received on April 17th, 2014
Did you do ur medical or not yet ?

SMike

Jun 20, 2012
vn82 said:
Hello All,

I have a question. I would like to apply to extend my wife's stay in Canada. They asked her to take a medical exam. The Panel physician will send the medical report online to CIC. Our PR application is in processing and may be we will be given a medical request soon. Can she use one medical exam for both cases? I mean can she pay the medical exam fee once and send the report to CIC for both PR and her stay extension. I know the medical report is valid for ONE year. So the panel physician will provide the medical report whenever we want.

Thank you,
My one cent is that she should do two separate medicals. My wife and a friend's wife did just that. This may not be sufficient reason to do separate exams though.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
aidina said:
Anyone with the assignment due date after March 8th?
Hi Aidina, Did you mean eligibility due date? Mine is on 27th May, 2014.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
m.samy said:
THANKS SO MUCH FOR your reply,however i have TA experience for 4 years from my university in Egypt?and i can provide proof by the reference letter that can be signed from the dean and by the official government stamp?do you think that will work???in Egypt TA is a permenat position and when you get your phd in few years later you become a lecturer.
Based on experiences of applicants in this forum, CIC is very suspisous about work experience gained in your home country, specially when it is RA or TA. My advice is even if you have one year work experience in Canada include it as well and make your ref. Letters very strong (as discussed in this forum and based on successful ref letters) to reduce the chance of being rejected. Including supporting docs like paychequs and contracts and tax forms (if you have them) make your application more convincing.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
chakri264 said:
Hi Aidina, Did you mean eligibility due date? Mine is on 27th May, 2014.
I am wondering if they have started working on applications with the assigned due date after March 8th?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
haithy said:
Hello N_O
Great, congrats! Do you know whether they gave you any points for your spouse's education or not?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
I am wondering if they have started working on applications with the assigned due date after March 8th?
I know someone whose due date was March 31 and got the Medical request few days again!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
aidina said:
Based on my last GCMS that I got around 1 month ago, mine was March 30.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Parkinson said:
Based on my last GCMS that I got around 1 month ago, mine was March 30.
I do not think you'll hear anything before May! Did you order a new set of GCMS notes to see if they changed it again?

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
N_O said:
I do not think you'll hear anything before May! Did you order a new set of GCMS notes to see if they changed it again?
My due date, as of the January 2014 GCMS notes, was also March 30, 2014. My latest GCMS notes are now 3 days over due. I sent them an email asking about the overdue GCMS notes, but have not heard back yet.