+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
Hi Everybody,

We landed on April 26th. So here is my experience:
The landing process couldn't have gone more smoothly. We parked the car before reaching the border and walked. A good decision, because there is always a long line of cars waiting to be cleared to pass the border. The whole thing (including the 10 minute walk to American border and 10 minute walk back to Canadian border) took less than an hour. We told the Canadian and American border patrols that we were flagpoling. They just let us through. We were only asked for the passports and COPR. The only question we were asked was if we have any goods to follow.
The officers were very polite. They congratulated us and said Welcome to Canada.

So I think this is it.
Bests of luck to all of you.

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
N_O said:
Great, congrats! Do you know whether they gave you any points for your spouse's education or not?
thanks
according to March 30th GCSM, Sydney didn't award me neither my wife's education nor my Canadian son's points.
I don't know whether Ottawa did award me those points or not as I already have 68 points regardless of the adaptability points. sorry, I wish I could help you with that

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
N_O said:
I do not think you'll hear anything before May! Did you order a new set of GCMS notes to see if they changed it again?
No, I did not. But I'm going to order another one. My eligibility due date was May 13.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
haithy said:
thanks
according to March 30th GCSM, Sydney didn't award me neither my wife's education nor my Canadian son's points.
I don't know whether Ottawa did award me those points or not as I already have 68 points regardless of the adaptability points. sorry, I wish I could help you with that
Sydney didn't award me any points for my wife's or my Canadian son too. I have 70 points without them, but I am afraid that not all of my experience will be accepted. Thanks again!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
climate_modeller said:
My due date, as of the January 2014 GCMS notes, was also March 30, 2014. My latest GCMS notes are now 3 days over due. I sent them an email asking about the overdue GCMS notes, but have not heard back yet.
I still think it may be early to hear from them as you are an april applicant, the applicant I mentioned his due date before was a March applicant. Anyway, no one can guess who will get the medical request first!

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
N_O said:
Sydney didn't award me any points for my wife's or my Canadian son too. I have 70 points without them, but I am afraid that not all of my experience will be accepted. Thanks again!
I could have sworn that a Canadian child should entitle you to five adaptability points under pre May 2013 rules (at least according to OP6B). Without these adaptability points, how many years of work experience would you need to get above 67?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Parkinson said:
No, I did not. But I'm going to order another one. My eligibility due date was May 13.
Keep us updated, I should receive my new set on May 16.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
meyakanor said:
I could have sworn that a Canadian child should entitle you to five adaptability points under pre May 2013 rules (at least according to OP6B). Without these adaptability points, how many years of work experience would you need to get above 67?
Haha. How are you Asbereth? I'll need 3 years to get 68.

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
Some stupid questions about PPR, but just want to make sure:

1. In the PPR email, CIC did not ask for photo. But some other members suggest to include photos with Passport, e.g.:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/very-urgent-please-advise-got-my-passport-request-today-t163065.0.html

So, should photos be included?

2. If use UPS to send passport to Ottawa, I should use this courier address:
CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Correct?

3. In PPR email, CIC suggested to buy 2 PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes. But if use UPS to send passport to CIC. Then I only need buy 1 PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelope, and put it into UPS package. Correct?

4. In the self-addressed envelope, I put my address into "TO" section. But how to write the "From" section (including Date, Tel, and Address)?

5. In this mail package, I will include (1) passport, (2) printed PPR email, (3) 1 self-addressed PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelope. Is that all or did I miss anything?

Thank you all! Hope everyone will get your PR card.

qp

Apr 8, 2014
Hello guys,
I have a question:

I finished my 2nd year of phd, have a family size of 3 and don't have $18k as proof of fund. But I get an RA/TA and my wife has a permanent part time job. My funding letter states that I'm funded for the period of my phd.

Can I use my funding letter as proof and maybe support it with her pay stubs/offer of employment?

Thanks

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
aidina said:
I am wondering if they have started working on applications with the assigned due date after March 8th?
Not sure. Mine was same in both GCMS notes I ordered. But as N_O said they are making it in time, I hope.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Re: Travel after medical exam

New13 said:
Hello friends,

Just wondering if there is any restriction on traveling in certain countries after the medical exam is done. Please fill me in. Thanks.
Can anyone please comment on this 'travel after medical' issue? I am also planning to apply for a new MR passport. Should I inform CIC before I get it? Will it create any problem in getting visa (if other things go smoothly)? I am assuming I will have to send both my old and new passports in that case.

Thanks in advance.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
N_O said:
I do not think you'll hear anything before May!
It is already May, Do you mean the end of May? Is eligibility due date an important date? or they might change it like they change the application assignment due date? My eligibility due date is May 13.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Parkinson said:
It is already May, Do you mean the end of May? Is eligibility due date an important date? or they might change it like they change the application assignment due date? My eligibility due date is May 13.
It is May already! I thought it is April :) I think that the eligibility due date is more important but that doesn't mean they will honor it, it was shifted for many applicants before.