30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
N_O said:
I am an April applicant too, and my GCMS notes shows that they haven't touched my file yet, so do not worry!
I know, yet I wanted to find out what scores they gave me. But again, CIO is way different from CPP!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
AXMMS said:
This information is included in the transcript. For each term, the transcript says whether the student was in good standing or excellent standing based on the grades.

Is there any other information included in an attestation letter? Do you happen to have a templet for this letter?

Thanks!
You must submitt a letter of attestation from your recognized educational institution http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PhD_Attestation_EN.pdf
The letter must be on university letterhead and must be completed using the template included in the application kit, and signed by the Dean of the Graduate studies (or their delegate)

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
We submitted this letter. The same format, same information. We just don't understand why they didn't accept this and kept saying there was no proof of two-year study. :( :( :( :(

So upset!!

N_O said:
You must submitt a letter of attestation from your recognized educational institution http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PhD_Attestation_EN.pdf
The letter must be on university letterhead and must be completed using the template included in the application kit, and signed by the Dean of the Graduate studies (or their delegate)

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
AXMMS said:
We submitted this letter. The same format, same information. We just don't understand why they didn't accept this and kept saying there was no proof of two-year study. :( :( :( :(

So upset!!
It is very important who signs the letter.Are you sure it was signed by the dean of graduate studies?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
AXMMS said:
It's signed by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Is it mentioned in your letter that you have completed 2 years?transcripts are not enough.

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
Update: Got PPR on Monday. Please add it to the tracking spreadsheet.

A follow-up question. How long does it roughly take from sending passport to CIC, until getting it back? (Because I may need passport to travel to US around June or July)

Thank you guys so much!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
sgtrigger said:
I do not know if they added it in my case or not, but what I did (as I mentioned on the forum a few weeks back) was that I had emailed them my wifes education docs and told them that the points were not in my GCMS notes and I was entitled to those points according to the manual page xyz.
Did you request a new set of GCMS notes after receiving the MR? If not, could you please request one? to see if they awarded you points for your wife's education.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ace_2012 said:
Hi! I have not posted for a while, but I constantly monitor the forum.
I ordered the information request under the privacy act to get more info about my score and other details. I received the results after a month, and there is not much in it! They have sent me a CD that contains a copy of everything on my file, but no assessment. Did I order a wrong one?
I am getting tired of all this waiting, specially when it turns out to be for nothing! Last time my case was opened and in an hour became decision made! let's see if 2014 is any better!
Yes, you made the same mistake I did a few months back.
You need to make sure to select "Notes in the file" when you ask for the GCMS info.

Ace_2012

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2013
Doc's Request.
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
6 May 2013
Med's Request
6 June 2014
Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
ASG said:
Yes, you made the same mistake I did a few months back.
You need to make sure to select "Notes in the file" when you ask for the GCMS info.
Thank you. That 's what I suspected! I am not sure if I need to order a second one! Is there a due date for April people?

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
Ace_2012 said:
Thank you. That 's what I suspected! I am not sure if I need to order a second one! Is there a due date for April people?
I guess not. I received my GCMS on April 22 and no due date on it.

Rina9285

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
meyakanor said:
Hi RIna9285,

According to the new ministerial instructions, 500 PhD stream applications will be considered for the period of May 1 2014 to April 30 2015. Keep in mind though that these applications will be the last batch of applications before Express Entry is introduced next year, so apply the soonest you are eligible.
Thank you Meyakanor for your reply. Do you have any idea whether any PhD student from Quebec has got PR in FSW category? I just want to know the probability of rejection and acceptance so I can make decision whether to go for CSW or FSW/

Thank you.

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
Blackhorse said:
Guys I got rejected after the second doc request. CIC officer argued my tasks and duties did not match the NOC code!!!
I feel this i highly unfair, therefore I am pursuing a lead to contact The Toronto star reporter to broadcast the current situation of numerous students in the same shoe.
I f you are with me in this and like to part in this, please shout me an email with the following info:
your name (I don't need last name, just first for confidentiality)
the reason you came to Canada
your former employment you used as skilled worker past experience
The program, name of the university, and department
when you became eligible
when you applied
when you got the rejection letter
the argument of the officer on your rejection
if you see discrepancies between your employment letter and the officer argument please copy paste the part of the notes ( most applicants got rejected with the same reasoning : your previous tasks and duties does not match the NOC code)
how you feel about this
what do you want to be done at this stage

please send me this info by email @ alexis.powell1983 @ gmail.com
being silent doesn't take us anywhere....
Thanks,
Sorry to hear that. It is indeed unfair. Thank you for sharing, though.