+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
chakri264 said:
Hi, I got my second GCMS last week. The due dates for eligibility are 27th May, 2014 and 3 June, 2014. The due dates were same as my first GCMS which I got in January. Do you think they will change the due dates or they will make it in time? Somebody who have knowledge about it please give some input. Thanks
Thank you for sharing your experience. But what is "due dates for eligibility"?

thundervikes

Jul 6, 2012
Quick question:

Has anybody called 1-888-242-2100 about submitted application and got an answer?

I called them many times, they insist that they cannot check information for applications submitted to CPP-Ottawa.

Has anybody had any luck on calling CIC? Which number did you use? Thank you very much.

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
Blackhorse said:
Guys I got rejected after the second doc request. CIC officer argued my tasks and duties did not match the NOC code!!!
I feel this i highly unfair, therefore I am pursuing a lead to contact The Toronto star reporter to broadcast the current situation of numerous students in the same shoe.
I f you are with me in this and like to part in this, please shout me an email with the following info:
your name (I don't need last name, just first for confidentiality)
the reason you came to Canada
your former employment you used as skilled worker past experience
The program, name of the university, and department
when you became eligible
when you applied
when you got the rejection letter
the argument of the officer on your rejection
if you see discrepancies between your employment letter and the officer argument please copy paste the part of the notes ( most applicants got rejected with the same reasoning : your previous tasks and duties does not match the NOC code)
how you feel about this
what do you want to be done at this stage

please send me this info by email @ alexis.powell1983 @ gmail.com
being silent doesn't take us anywhere....
Thanks,
sorry to hear that. Could you please share the duties on your letter and the NOC code you have selected?

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
SMike said:
I guess a point must have been given for your partner's education. I think you either get point for your partner's education or adaptability poin, not both. Please check.
both adaptability and spouse's education are 0 on my GCMS.
I wonder if these points apply to those who applied last year (in March) ... We have not been asked to have our credentials assessed and also Spouse's language proficiency test was not required at that time.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
SMike said:
It should be after landing. I think you aren't gonna be a PR until after landing as your CPR (Certificate of permanent residence) will contain the day you become a PR.
Thanks. I think you are right.

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
About the 1,000 cap (in any case it's gonna be reset next month)..

Last week I went to a notary public (not for Canadian immigration though) in the city, and he happened to be an immigration lawyer too. So I chatted with him about the phd stream.

He said (along the lines of) "it's a good category and CIC gives priority to the stream..." Also said that CIC didn't really enforce the cap limit...

Well I thought it's an interesting rumor, just FYI.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
prapplicant13 said:
both adaptability and spouse's education are 0 on my GCMS.
I wonder if these points apply to those who applied last year (in March) ... We have not been asked to have our credentials assessed and also Spouse's language proficiency test was not required at that time.
Sydney didn't award any points for the spouse's education or the Canadian child for many applicants who applied before May 4th, including myself. According to the OP 6B, we are entitled for those points.

Prapplicant, would you please share your timeline with us?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
tmaclu said:
About the 1,000 cap (in any case it's gonna be reset next month)..

Last week I went to a notary public (not for Canadian immigration though) in the city, and he happened to be an immigration lawyer too. So I chatted with him about the phd stream.

He said (along the lines of) "it's a good category and CIC gives priority to the stream..." Also said that CIC didn't really enforce the cap limit...

Well I thought it's an interesting rumor, just FYI.
Haha, they give priority to this stream by rejecting most of the applicants!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PhdStream said:
Thanks a lot .. how long did you wait after receiving the PER to apply for OHIP. And also, just to confirm the address to send application and documents is as below
370 Select Drive
PO Box 168
Kingston, ON
K7M 8T4
Fax: (613) 548-6557
You're welcome :)
I think you need to wait three months after getting the PER.
The address is right.

prapplicant13

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2013
Doc's Request.
26/05/2014
Med's Request
27/05/2014
Med's Done....
06/06/2014
Passport Req..
08/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
15/01/2015
LANDED..........
24/01/2015
N_O said:
Sydney didn't award any points for the spouse's education or the Canadian child for many applicants who applied before May 4th, including myself. According to the OP 6B, we are entitled for those points.

Prapplicant, would you please share your timeline with us?
Not Sure if I can add it to the tracker myself. Here is the timeline:
application reached CIO:12-Apr-2013
CC/BD encashed: 18-Apr-2013
PER issued: 29-Apr-2013
Doc Request:None
No of persons: 2
TA/RA experience: Included
Nationality: Iran
Note: Updated reference letters were sent proactively

Blackhorse

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
prapplicant13 said:
sorry to hear that. Could you please share the duties on your letter and the NOC code you have selected?
The thing is in the second doc request, the officer asked me to to provide more information about commuting between university and workplace and certificates for having that job. I sent all my certificates and a letter from my supervisor that supported my claim.
However, the officer replied "The last documentation that you sent us listed duties that did not match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected for this employment".
Actually, the last documentation was not employment letter that lists duties, it was a letter in response to the officer's concerns! I already updated my employment letter twice and the duties and the lead statement were the same as NOC description.

Judy_LIU

Feb 4, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I am new in this forum. But I applied immigrant one year ago (April, 2013). Now I didn't get any mail except they send me a letter to confirm they received my file and encashed. And I checked online, it's always shown "in process". Is that normal ? May I email them to ask the process?

Thanks for all replies and suggestions.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Blackhorse said:
The thing is in the second doc request, the officer asked me to to provide more information about commuting between university and workplace and certificates for having that job. I sent all my certificates and a letter from my supervisor that supported my claim.
However, the officer replied "The last documentation that you sent us listed duties that did not match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code you selected for this employment".
Actually, the last documentation was not employment letter that lists duties, it was a letter in response to the officer's concerns! I already updated my employment letter twice and the duties and the lead statement were the same as NOC description.
What about sending them an email? to make sure they have considered your updated letters and tell them what you said above.