CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
According to the new rules, is there anywhere written that RA/TA is not considered as work experience?
No, I don't think so!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_O said:
I agree, but as you said before, they are just trying to find ways to reject more applicants specially from the PhD stream!

I did before, and their response was "Your application has not been even assessed yet and any points have not been granted. Currently, your application is in queue for review by an officer. No further action is required by you at this time."

Edit: I found the old Instruction Guide 7000, it says: Staying inform---Selection criteria, requirements and other information for applicants can sometimes change. Please note that:
1-Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time the application is made. Rules and regulations may change at any time.
2-Our website contains the latest news, selection criteria updates and applications links. Check periodically for updated information.

While in the new Instruction Guide 7000, it says: Staying inform---Selection criteria, requirements and other information for applicants can sometimes change. Please note that:
1-Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time they are assessed. Rules and regulations may change at any time, and changes may be applied to applications which have already been received.
2-Our website contains the latest news, selection criteria updates and application links. Check periodically for updated information and make sure you are aware of the requirements before you apply.

So, it seems they really changed the regulations, am I right?
If I sent my spouse's language report, do I have to fill the new Schedule 3? Or just to send it by itself?

This is really unfair. They must assess the applications according to the operation manual.
The operation manual is clear about how they should assess the applications.

Since the new schedule 3 form is completely different from the one we have submitted, I don't know how you can update it.

Maybe, as one user asked them about adaptability points and they replied him/her, you can do the same. Send them an email and ask them if they need your spouse IELTS result for adaptability points or not.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Hi Dani1982 and N_O,

Are we really allowed to update our reference letter? Maybe they only allow us to update the duration of work, like extend the duration and get more points, but not allow us to update the description of the work experience. Then this could explain why they reject your case based on your first reference letter and disregard your new descriptions.

I also forget the leading statement, although I got the PER. I really worry that they will reject my case for the leading statement. I send the updated reference letter with the leading statement. As your case, I am not safe, neither.

Good luck for all of us.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
cdhbamboo said:
Hi Dani1982 and N_O,

Are we really allowed to update our reference letter? Maybe they only allow us to update the duration of work, like extend the duration and get more points, but not allow us to update the description of the work experience. Then this could explain why they reject your case based on your first reference letter and disregard your new descriptions.

I also forget the leading statement, although I got the PER. I really worry that they will reject my case for the leading statement. I send the updated reference letter with the leading statement. As your case, I am not safe, neither.

Good luck for all of us.
I am not sure if this is the case, I think some of the guys here can reject this gesture based on their experience

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Re: GCSM

nasim2 said:
Thanks a lot.

just one more question.
for location: it says indicate the CIC office where you submitted your file.
We have submitted to Sydney office but our file is in Ottawa now.
which one you choose?
and, with this Gscm, do you get all the notes in your file as well?
CPP Ottawa is what you will write.
Yes, you get all the notes that have been fed into their system with respect to your file

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
I am not sure if this is the case, I think some of the guys here can reject this gesture based on their experience
One of my friends which was a July applicant has received his medical recently.

He missed the lead statement in his first letter. He had only RA as work experience and updated his letter recently.

They should accept their mistake and reopen your application.

Hopefully you will share the good news with us soon :)

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Dani1982 said:
No it is not the case, many completely updated letters were accepted. I cannot recall the names but someone here found out that SL rejected his application and FA was supposed to give the final decision in few weeks later, so he updated his letter completely and FA approved it!

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
N_O said:
but someone here found out that SL rejected his application and FA was supposed to give the final decision in few weeks later, so he updated his letter completely and FA approved it!
kg.jadu, beh, master-3 to name a few

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
beh467 said:
One of my friends which was a July applicant has received his medical recently.

He missed the lead statement in his first letter. He had only RA as work experience and updated his letter recently.

They should accept their mistake and reopen your application.

Hopefully you will share the good news with us soon :)
Hopefully man!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
N_O said:
I can name 2 more if I get a "+1" :)!!!
aidina, informer2000

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Dani1982 said:
I can name 2 more if I get a "+1" :)!!!
aidina, informer2000
Good for you! +1

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
N_O said:
Good for you! +1
I was just kidding :), but thank you anyway!

saeedp62

Mar 24, 2013
Admins,
Please update my info, got the PER email this morning on Nov. 15, 2013 Smiley
Thanks for the forum members that make the PR pathway kinda predictable.