+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
N_O said:
That is really sucks! That was their response to his appeal email, they denied him those points although he applied before May 4th! Unfortunately, I am in the same boat too! Do you think I can get at least the spouse's points if I sent her IELTS report? As they seem they will not award us any adaptability points.
I think they grab any opportunity to reject the applications; this is the reality that Canada doesn't have the resources to accommodate the high volume of the immigrants (and maybe in particular PhDs). I think they are going to give it a shot and avoid giving these points. Then there are two possibilities: either the applicant will give up, or has to go through the mess of appealing. Appealing can be very painful and long and not everybody has the energy to go through this (given that we are all busy with keeping our lives in track). It takes less than a minute for them to reject, but it takes us years to correct this and all its side effects on our lives.

I am wondering if this is the response that they gave to the MP or to the applicant directly? I believe this is unfair and should be stopped. By the way, they have not given me any points for my own Canadian PhD which was awarded before I applied. I have brought this to their attention more than 2 months ago but no update yet.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
Re: GCSM

thanks, again I can choose between case file and corporate file.
i guess I have to choose corporate file to see the details about my file.
however, if I choose corporate file, it ask me to write details about the request?
Did you do the same?

sgtrigger said:
If you are doing it for yourself and you are currently in Canada (under study/work permit) then you can request under privacy act....its free...
Access to information is when you are in canada and are doing it for someone else who is not currently in canada...

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)

nasim2 said:
Thank you.
I am trying to do it. there is this question?
Is this Access to information act or privacy at?
Do you know which one I have to choose?
I chose Access to information act and then I chose corporate record and the it wants me to write detail regarding to the information being sought.
Is this what you did?
If so, what should I write here?
Choose it under privacy act, it is for free.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
sgtrigger said:
I think I am going to send my wife's IELTS report as well. Dunno what difference it will make though. Maybe they are not giving the adaptibility points until they get a proof of her english (or they might give some random stupid reasoning like that)
Yes, I'll send this as soon as possible, it seems they'll not award us any points for the spouse's education or the baby anymore!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Anna2013 said:
I think they grab any opportunity to reject the applications; this is the reality that Canada doesn't have the resources to accommodate the high volume of the immigrants (and maybe in particular PhDs). I think they are going to give it a shot and avoid giving these points. Then there are two possibilities: either the applicant will give up, or has to go through the mess of appealing. Appealing can be very painful and long and not everybody has the energy to go through this (given that we are all busy with keeping our lives in track). It takes less than a minute for them to reject, but it takes us years to correct this and all its side effects on our lives.

I am wondering if this is the response that they gave to the MP or to the applicant directly? I believe this is unfair and should be stopped. By the way, they have not given me any points for my own Canadian PhD which was awarded before I applied. I have brought this to their attention more than 2 months ago but no update yet.
That is really miserable!
I think that was their response to him directly, but we have to wait for Ahmad to comment whether my conclusion is true or false.
So you are entitled for 5 points too! I think you'll get them easily when they asses your application, as you finished your degree before applying, they do not have any chance to deny those points.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)

nasim2 said:
thanks, again I can choose between case file and corporate file.
i guess I have to choose corporate file to see the details about my file.
however, if I choose corporate file, it ask me to write details about the request?
Did you do the same?
No, just choose case file of your permanent residency application.
Do not forget to get a consent from your spouse, it is important to reveal her information.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
N_O said:
That is really miserable!
I think that was their response to him directly, but we have to wait for Ahmad to comment whether my conclusion is true or false.
So you are entitled for 5 points too! I think you'll get them easily when they asses your application, as you finished your degree before applying, they do not have any chance to deny those points.
Not giving points for child or spouse education is as nonsense/unfair as not giving points for my PhD. So, they might be able to cover this up in some ways; they can say I didn't have the degree before the PhD Stream was introduced on Nov 05 2011 (just kidding, I mean if they want they have no fear to be unreasonable).

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Anna2013 said:
Not giving points for child or spouse education is as nonsense/unfair as not giving points for my PhD. So, they might be able cover this up in some ways; they can say I didn't have the degree before the PhD Stream was introduced on Nov 05 (just kidding, I meant if they want they have no fear to be unreasonable).
Oh no! It makes sense to deny the points for child or spouse's education under what is written in the new Guide 7000 as Hamed said before, "Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time they are assessed. Rules and regulations may change at any time, and changes may be applied to applications which have already been received."
But there it doesn't make sense at all to deny the completed degree points!

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013

Thanks a lot.

just one more question.
for location: it says indicate the CIC office where you submitted your file.
We have submitted to Sydney office but our file is in Ottawa now.
which one you choose?
and, with this Gscm, do you get all the notes in your file as well?

N_O said:
No, just choose case file of your permanent residency application.
Do not forget to get a consent from your spouse, it is important to reveal her information.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
N_O said:
Oh no! It makes sense to deny the points for child or spouse's education under what is written in the new Guide 7000 as Hamed said before, "Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time they are assessed. Rules and regulations may change at any time, and changes may be applied to applications which have already been received."
My point was that there is no limit for them to be unreasonable. They must assess the applications according the rules that were in effect when they arrived. But in general, I think all we can do is wait and see what is going to happen to each individual case and hope for the best.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_O said:

Assessing the applications recievd before May 4,2013 based on the new rules is really unfair.

Page 3 of operation manual for applications received after May 4, 2013 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/RESOURCES/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf) makes this clear.

This chapter describes the processing of applications for permanent residence submitted by
applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, and received by the Centralized Intake Office
(CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia on or after May 4, 2013.
Note: Information on processing applications for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled
Worker Class received before May 4, 2013 is provided in OP 6, OP 6-A and OP 6-B.

You can send an email to them now and remind them about the adaptability points. Mention this part of the new operation manual and the the adaptability part of the op 6b.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Anna2013 said:
My point was that there is no limit for them to be unreasonable. They must assess the applications according the rules that were in effect when they arrived. But in general, I think all we can do is wait and see what is going to happen to each individual case and hope for the best.
I agree, but as you said before, they are just trying to find ways to reject more applicants specially from the PhD stream!

beh467 said:
Assessing the applications recievd before May 4,2013 based on the new rules is really unfair.

Page 3 of operation manual for applications received after May 4, 2013 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/RESOURCES/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf) makes this clear.

This chapter describes the processing of applications for permanent residence submitted by
applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, and received by the Centralized Intake Office
(CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia on or after May 4, 2013.
Note: Information on processing applications for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled
Worker Class received before May 4, 2013 is provided in OP 6, OP 6-A and OP 6-B.

You can send an email to them now and remind them about the adaptability points. Mention this part of the new operation manual and the the adaptability part of the op 6b.
I did before, and their response was "Your application has not been even assessed yet and any points have not been granted. Currently, your application is in queue for review by an officer. No further action is required by you at this time."

Edit: I found the old Instruction Guide 7000, it says: Staying inform---Selection criteria, requirements and other information for applicants can sometimes change. Please note that:
1-Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time the application is made. Rules and regulations may change at any time.
2-Our website contains the latest news, selection criteria updates and applications links. Check periodically for updated information.

While in the new Instruction Guide 7000, it says: Staying inform---Selection criteria, requirements and other information for applicants can sometimes change. Please note that:
1-Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time they are assessed. Rules and regulations may change at any time, and changes may be applied to applications which have already been received.
2-Our website contains the latest news, selection criteria updates and application links. Check periodically for updated information and make sure you are aware of the requirements before you apply.

So, it seems they really changed the regulations, am I right?
If I sent my spouse's language report, do I have to fill the new Schedule 3? Or just to send it by itself?

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
Hi guys,

just a quick question. I sent in my application today from Toronto via Canada Post. I sent it my Registered Mail for the Phd Category.
Regular mail has no tracking no. and can be lost, whilst Registered Mail has a tracking and has to be signed by the recipient.

So I am wondering if Registered mail is fine for CIC. Here is what address I sent to:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
PhD Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 8300
Sydney, NS
B1P 0B6
Canada

Please let me know
guys.
thanks

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
N_O said:
That is really sucks! That was their response to his appeal email, they denied him those points although he applied before May 4th! Unfortunately, I am in the same boat too! Do you think I can get at least the spouse's points if I sent her IELTS report? As they seem they will not award us any adaptability points.
Send it and claim everything you can. It doesn't hurt.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
N_O said:

According to the new rules, is there anywhere written that RA/TA is not considered as work experience?