Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hey Guys

Was off the grid due to thesis defence etc. etc. It is good to know that one person got selected from Quebec under this stream, though one got rejected too. As far as I go, I moved to Ontario 2 months back and have updated CPP-O with paystubs, thesis defence letter and joining letter in ontario. No news from them thereon. Contacted them and it was confirmed that they attached the documents to the file. "Flight of the Albatross" it is.

I personally believe this stream is a sham. They will forget the 2012 applicants or dump them with some stupid reasons to clear the backlog. The fancy 2013 rules is what they are looking for now. Anyways I don't have high hopes nonetheless, will post you guys if I hear about rejection/medical.

Best of luck.
Hello there,

Good to hear from you again! Congratulations for your thesis defence, and for moving to Ontario. I think you'll hear a positive decision from Ottawa very soon, as you proved your intention in residing out of Quebec.

Good luck!

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
N_O said:
Hello there,

I added your information to the spreadsheet, would you please post the rest of them?
Have you ordered any GCMS notes yet? If yes, did they give you any adaptability points for your spouse's education or you Canadian child? If you have any of course!
My access on the spreadsheet is view only so I assume you mean post the rest of them here:

Number of person: 2
Nationality: USA

BTW, I requested GCMS in the Privacy act yesterday (15 Nov 2013). So I've received nothing of substance yet.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
beh467 said:
I found this information on CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/guide-dir.asp).

3. Conditions of the work permit

Both study permits and student work permits are usually issued for the length of the study program, plus 90 days.

Moving to post-graduation work: Students who have earned their degree, diploma or certificate, and who are within the 90-day period allowed for moving to post-graduation work, are still eligible to work off campus, as long as they have a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work permit.

Implied status: If students are finished studying and have applied for a post-graduation work permit, and have a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work permit, they may keep working off campus until CIC makes a decision on their application.

Short-term study or work permit: Some students have short-term study or work permits that they must renew each year. They are normally valid for a year or less. To take part in the program, students must renew their work permit each time.
3.1 Number of working hours

Students approved for a work permit and registered as full-time students can work up to 20 hours a week during the regular school year and full time during scheduled breaks (e.g., winter or summer holidays, reading week).

Although there is no law or policy keeping students from working 20 hours a week on campus and 20 hours a week off campus, DIRs should discourage students from working more than 20 hours a week. DIRs should remind students that they must study full time and keep an acceptable academic standing to stay eligible for the program.

Some intensive programs may not have scheduled breaks or may have a break specific to that program. Students in these programs cannot work more than 20 hours a week at any time during the entire period.

Thank you very much.

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
beh467 said:
I found this information on CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/guide-dir.asp).

3. Conditions of the work permit

Both study permits and student work permits are usually issued for the length of the study program, plus 90 days.

Moving to post-graduation work: Students who have earned their degree, diploma or certificate, and who are within the 90-day period allowed for moving to post-graduation work, are still eligible to work off campus, as long as they have a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work permit.

Implied status: If students are finished studying and have applied for a post-graduation work permit, and have a valid study permit and a valid off-campus work permit, they may keep working off campus until CIC makes a decision on their application.

Short-term study or work permit: Some students have short-term study or work permits that they must renew each year. They are normally valid for a year or less. To take part in the program, students must renew their work permit each time.
3.1 Number of working hours

Students approved for a work permit and registered as full-time students can work up to 20 hours a week during the regular school year and full time during scheduled breaks (e.g., winter or summer holidays, reading week).

Although there is no law or policy keeping students from working 20 hours a week on campus and 20 hours a week off campus, DIRs should discourage students from working more than 20 hours a week. DIRs should remind students that they must study full time and keep an acceptable academic standing to stay eligible for the program.

Some intensive programs may not have scheduled breaks or may have a break specific to that program. Students in these programs cannot work more than 20 hours a week at any time during the entire period.
Many thanks for this.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
sarsanballa said:
Thanks, man. Hope you will get yours too soon. :)
Thanks for the kind words! I hope that too :)

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
climate_modeller said:
My access on the spreadsheet is view only so I assume you mean post the rest of them here:

Number of person: 2
Nationality: USA

BTW, I requested GCMS in the Privacy act yesterday (15 Nov 2013). So I've received nothing of substance yet.
Thank you!

Keep us posted when you receive your GCMS notes, please!

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
N_O said:
Thank you!

Keep us posted when you receive your GCMS notes, please!
Of course, will do!

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Stuck In Quebec said:
Hey Guys

Was off the grid due to thesis defence etc. etc. It is good to know that one person got selected from Quebec under this stream, though one got rejected too. As far as I go, I moved to Ontario 2 months back and have updated CPP-O with paystubs, thesis defence letter and joining letter in ontario. No news from them thereon. Contacted them and it was confirmed that they attached the documents to the file. "Flight of the Albatross" it is.

I personally believe this stream is a sham. They will forget the 2012 applicants or dump them with some stupid reasons to clear the backlog. The fancy 2013 rules is what they are looking for now. Anyways I don't have high hopes nonetheless, will post you guys if I hear about rejection/medical.

Best of luck.
Hey, 2 weeks ago I have been asked to show CIC some proof that I wanna leave QC. By any chance do you have some new info about the document which can be used for this purpose?

Unfortunately, It seems that allbutmtl does not check the forum anymore to give us some more info about his case!

pfau

Nov 18, 2013
Hi All,

I've been a long-time lurker on the forum here and got a lot of helpful answers to my questions that way; so thanks to everyone who's contributed!

I thought I'd add my two cents by informing that my application was received (as best as I can tell) on November 5, 2013 and you can add this to the spreadsheet if you'd like. (How do you all know that your application was received? Only from a postal or courier signature, I guessing? The CC or MD cashing is the first definitive sign from the CIC, right?)

In any case, I'll update as things move along.

P.S. I'm from the U.S.; there are four of us (wife and two kiddos) in the application; and I included TA/RA work experience (for the one year full time equivalent requirement) and the two courses for which I was the sole instructor.

af82

Nov 18, 2013
I got rejected for the second time. I submitted my second application application on august 2012. First time I was rejected for reference letter problems (I only have TA/RA experience). However this I asked the department to include the all bullet points of NOC 4012 in my ref letter. Here is what I got today:
"
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Research and Teaching Assistant (NOC 4012) at the X does not meet the requirements of b) above as the duties listed in your letters of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code selected. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.
"

Do you guys know if there is way to appeal to this decision?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
af82 said:
I got rejected for the second time. I submitted my second application application on august 2012. First time I was rejected for reference letter problems (I only have TA/RA experience). However this I asked the department to include the all bullet points of NOC 4012 in my ref letter. Here is what I got today:
"
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your period of work experience as a Research and Teaching Assistant (NOC 4012) at the X does not meet the requirements of b) above as the duties listed in your letters of reference do not match the actions of the lead statement under the NOC code selected. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.
"

Do you guys know if there is way to appeal to this decision?
Sorry for your rejection.

Your reference letter must include the lead statement. The lead statement for RA/TA is (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4012) :

Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.

Many people including me in this forum had the same problem. But we updated the reference letter before the final assessment and they accepted it.

Since the final assessment of your file is done, there is no way to appeal.

The only way is to reapply.

You can find the successful reference letters for RA in my signature.

Good luck!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The online status of one of my Iranian friends which is a February applicant has been changed to Decision Made today.

This can be a good news for Iranian applicants. I think Samira and Mehroonir are the next Iranian applicants that will get their passport request.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:
The online status of one of my Iranian friends which is a February applicant has been changed to Decision Made today.

This can be a good news for Iranian applicants. I think Samira and Mehroonir are the next Iranian applicants that will get their passport request.
Good indeed. It is approaching us. When did he have his medical examination?