+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
asbereth said:
Hmm, it's actually hard to know for sure. A deposit of 12,000 dollars would seem excessive, even if you can explain it. How much money would you have if you take out the 12,000 dollars?

In my opinion (not an expert's opinion, so take it for what it is), when they do ask for 6 month bank statement history, don't mention it. Since your money is above threshold, they will not reject you base off POF issue, but rather, if they suspect anything, they would ask for explanation (similar to MASOUD2011). When that happens, then you supply the letter.

According to Wayne from the other forum (TyrusX has a link to his posts), as long as the money is yours and you can prove it, it doesn't matter if it is a large deposit or a gift. but you need to be able to prove that you won't need to return the money to your family (which your letter is, hopefully, sufficient).

Thanks a lot for your answer. No the money was a few thousand (less than 3000 $)Would you please answer my other question that I didnt see anyone asnwer that :) I just copy-paste it here again:

I am about to ask my supervisor to write me a letter mentioning my duties. DO you think its better not to mention that I am on a scholarship from NSERC and just mention my amount of payment per year as salary? Also to double check with you here is what I am going to ask him to write for me. Please tell me if I should add anything else!!!!

a) The starting date of my employment as research assistant (full time)

b) That I have worked full time, "37.5 hrs/week" from my starting date

c) My salary for each year

d) It should mention that I am doing laboratory experiments and research for use in scholarly publications

e) It should mention that I have been compiling research results, assisting you in the analysis of results, and preparation of journal papers

Thanks guys a lot!!

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
In case you miss my previous post, please help me out!!

Hi guys,

I have a question: if I have a half year of TA experience, and a half year of RA experience, (part-time, no break and continuous). Am I qualified for one year work experience? Because TA and RA are in one category 4012, so they can be combined to claim for one year experience, right? Any thought is welcome.

Best,

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cdhbamboo said:
In case you miss my previous post, please help me out!!

Hi guys,

I have a question: if I have a half year of TA experience, and a half year of RA experience, (part-time, no break and continuous). Am I qualified for one year work experience? Because TA and RA are in one category 4012, so they can be combined to claim for one year experience, right? Any thought is welcome.

Best,
There have been a lot of rejections for not fulfilling the 1year full-time continuous experience. You need almost 2 year part-time to make an equivalent of one year full time. Make sure that your continuous hours add up to 1 year full-time (37.5 hrs per week for a year)

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Would someone please answer my question? really appreciate it.

I am about to ask my supervisor to write me a letter mentioning my duties. DO you think its better not to mention that I am on a scholarship from NSERC and just mention my amount of payment per year as salary? Also to double check with you here is what I am going to ask him to write for me. Please tell me if I should add anything else!!!!

d) It should mention that I am doing laboratory experiments and research for use in scholarly publications

e) It should mention that I have been compiling research results, assisting you in the analysis of results, and preparation of journal papers

Thanks guys a lot!!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The letter seems fine the way you explained it. I would suggest make it a bit more personal by explaining the research you are involved with. I think it doesn't matter where the money comes from; As long as it is "RA money".

absolute_boy97 said:

Thanks guys a lot!!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
absolute_boy97 said:

Thanks guys a lot!!
You're being paid because you are doing research all the time for them, so there is no need to mention the scholarship, the salary is enough.

Some applicants claimed a full-time RA, but I do not prefer that. I think you contradict yourself, how can you be a full-time student and a full-time employee in the same time, also if you claimed so many hours, your minimum wage would be so low, which may not convince the VO that you worked all that time! I advise you to claim something between 20 to 25 hours per week, you need 1950 hours to meet the minimum requirement of one year of continuous year ( full-time job or equivalent in part-time job).

Try your best to elaborate all the duties in your reference letter, in a way that doesn't look copy and past from the NOC, add some detailes about your research, and you may ask some seniors here to review it once you wrote it.

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Hi N_O,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will wait until the end of this month. Perhaps I have to email them, right?
N_O said:
The last quarterly update of processing times for FSW was January 16, 2013, so the next update is tomorrow. So you may contact CPP-O as you were supposed to hear from them in 15 month at maximum.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
OK Thanks a lot.

N_O said:
Yes, just reply the email, it will goes to OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca

Yes, that is right, screen print then stamp from your bank.

I believe there is no need to an official letter, as your total balance will appear in the printed bank statement.

If your name doesn't appear on the first page of the printed bank statement, then you need an official letter that states your account number, name and the total balance. Some online banking just shows the account number without the names!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
N_O said:
Some applicants claimed a full-time RA, but I do not prefer that. I think you contradict yourself, how can you be a full-time student and a full-time employee in the same time, also if you claimed so many hours, your minimum wage would be so low, which may not convince the VO that you worked all that time! I advise you to claim something between 20 to 25 hours per week, you need 1950 hours to meet the minimum requirement of one year of continuous year ( full-time job or equivalent in part-time job).
Ya, the 20 to 25 hours per week figure has some logic behind it. A full-time study is defined as 15 hours of instructions (whatever that means), so if you claim you have been studying full-time (as per the requirement for PhD stream), then that would only leave you about 22.5 hours per week for work (to make up a full 37.5 hours per week), hence the 20 - 25 hours per week 'rule of thumb'.

And it is also really really important that, at least 1,950 hours of your work experience within the last 10 years be continuous. If within the last 10 years, each year, you only have, say, 4 months of continuous work experience, even though you would have in total the equivalent of three years of work experience, then it would not be accepted since you could not locate a continuous block of 1,950 hours within the last 10 years, so it's something to really keep in mind while claiming the work experience.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Houra said:
The letter seems fine the way you explained it. I would suggest make it a bit more personal by explaining the research you are involved with. I think it doesn't matter where the money comes from; As long as it is "RA money".
Yes, since NSERC is paid as a research funding, then it should be fine. What's NOT fine, in my opinion, is, for example, international student differential fee waiver, which most international graduate students are entitled for. You got paid these funds to make up the difference in tuition between international and local students, so you technically did not get paid these funds to conduct your research, so you should not, in my opinion, include them. NSERC is explicitly paid for your research, so it's fine (again, IMO).

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
Hi N_O,

Can you please add me to tracker:

Application reached VO: April 5, 2013
CC charged: April 12, 2013
Office: Sydney
Nationality: Bosnia
Number of persons: 1
Working experience: other/TA included

I hope I included everything. Thank you!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
N_O said:
There is no problem at all if her RA job is part-time, she needs just one year, continuous, and paid (full-time or the equivalent in part-time) to meet the minimum requirement for work experience.

Did you use the self-assessment test to determine if you would earn enough points in the six selection factors to qualify as a skilled worker immigrant?
My concern is to answer this question: in the form "IMM 0008-Schedule 3" question number 8 (work in canada). Is this correct if we select "Yes" because my wife has part time RA (equivalent to 1 year fulltime at the university which she is a PhD candidate)?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
asbereth said:
I think you should only answer 'yes' if the work experience is obtained through work permit (under the current rule, only work permit is accepted for this), but I'm not sure. I'll try digging into OP6B a bit more to see what I can get.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

ahmad26

Apr 17, 2013
Hello,

Did you email these documents (CV, publication lists, etc) to OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca or you mail them? They asked me the same documents and I don't know whether to send them by mail or email.

Thank you very much

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
ahmad26 said:
Hello,

Did you email these documents (CV, publication lists, etc) to OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca or you mail them? They asked me the same documents and I don't know whether to send them by mail or email.

Thank you very much
Almost everything with exception to things like police cert, ielts results can be send via email.