15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hello All,

I am a newbie to this forum. I got a request for proof of funds today and have a month to get back to the VO. Could I just scan my documents and send it as an email attachment or is it preferable to send a hard-copy as well. I recognize that this topic has been discussed in the past but its hard to find the thread. Suggestions most welcome.

As for my timeline and other particulars, here goes

Application reached CIO Sydney: Aug 27th, 2012
PER: November 1st, 2012
Document Request: Proof of Funds, April 15th 2013
Work Experience :RA/TA Since 2007
Previous Study in Canada: Yes, MASc (2007-2009)
Nationality: India

Thanks !

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
I got my PER in Oct. 2012, there is no any update so far.

my wife has been pregnent for 5 months.

If I inform them about this, will it do any good to my application?

Thanks

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
websphereguy said:
Click on the person id, and in the person's profile page, there's a link called "Send this member a personal message."

Click that to compose your private message to that fella.
I'll try that but there is no link for "Send this member a personal message". I don't now what the problem is.

noc4012

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Hi all,

I worked as RA for so many years and got a letter that lists my duties as per 4012 and adds two more lines for RA and has a section for work as grader. My concern is the following line on CIC:

"during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation"

The lead statement for NOC 4012 is:

"Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges."

My letter only mentions that I worked as RA, gives the name of the prof as the person supervising my work, and states I am a full-time PhD student starting on xxxx and expected to finish 4 years from that date. It does not state: works as research assistant and assists university professors X and Y in research activities.

Is this a problem?

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Parkinson said:
I'll try that but there is no link for "Send this member a personal message". I don't now what the problem is.
Apparently, you would need to post a couple of replies first before you are allowed to send private message. So just participate more in the forum and then check to see if that feature has been enabled for you.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
N_O said:
You need to submit a POF with your application, most applicants choose to submit a letter from their bank showing their balance but if you have a healthy bank account for the last six months, it would be preferable to send them the bank statement for those six month. However, they will ask you to provide it later. If there is any large deposits during the last six months, I do not advice you to send the bank statement with your application, your bank letter is enough at this stage. Keep your bank account healthy and be ready to submit the 6 months bank statement when it is required!

The checklist doesn't require the high school transcript but I submitted them!
Thanks a lot. I am about to ask my supervisor to write me a letter mentioning my duties. DO you think its better not to mention that I am on a scholarship from NSERC and just mention my amount of payment per year as salary? Also to double check with you here is what I am going to ask him to write for me. Please tell me if I should add anything else!!!!

a) The starting date of my employment as research assistant (full time)

b) That I have worked full time, "37.5 hrs/week" from my starting date

c) My salary for each year

d) It should mention that I am doing laboratory experiments and research for use in scholarly publications

e) It should mention that I have been compiling research results, assisting you in the analysis of results, and preparation of journal papers

Thanks guys a lot!!

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
N_O said:
You need to submit a POF with your application, most applicants choose to submit a letter from their bank showing their balance but if you have a healthy bank account for the last six months, it would be preferable to send them the bank statement for those six month. However, they will ask you to provide it later. If there is any large deposits during the last six months, I do not advice you to send the bank statement with your application, your bank letter is enough at this stage. Keep your bank account healthy and be ready to submit the 6 months bank statement when it is required!

The checklist doesn't require the high school transcript but I submitted them!
another question reagrding POF. as you mentioned for the time being I just show my balance. My family has sent me about 12,000 to my account as a gift (family support) to me a month ago and I have an official letter from them mentioning that they have sent this to me as a gift. SO my question is when later they ask for 6 months history, Should I attach this letter to my bank history, or, should I dont attach the letter first and then when they ask about the large transfer I send them the letter then??! in case I can send the letter with the bank history, does it mater that the date of the letter is before the date they asked for the bank history?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
absolute_boy97 said:
Thanks a lot. I am about to ask my supervisor to write me a letter mentioning my duties. DO you think its better not to mention that I am on a scholarship from NSERC and just mention my amount of payment per year as salary? Also to double check with you here is what I am going to ask him to write for me. Please tell me if I should add anything else!!!!

a) The starting date of my employment as research assistant (full time)

b) That I have worked full time, "37.5 hrs/week" from my starting date

c) My salary for each year

d) It should mention that I am doing laboratory experiments and research for use in scholarly publications

e) It should mention that I have been compiling research results, assisting you in the analysis of results, and preparation of journal papers

Thanks guys a lot!!
My wife's supervisor is in a vacation. Is that OK, If she get the letter from the department head?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
websphereguy said:
Apparently, you would need to post a couple of replies first before you are allowed to send private message. So just participate more in the forum and then check to see if that feature has been enabled for you.
I'm not sure what's the answer of the question number 4 of the IMM 0008 form: "Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application". Any suggestions?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
S_Govind said:
Hello All,

I am a newbie to this forum. I got a request for proof of funds today and have a month to get back to the VO. Could I just scan my documents and send it as an email attachment or is it preferable to send a hard-copy as well. I recognize that this topic has been discussed in the past but its hard to find the thread. Suggestions most welcome.

As for my timeline and other particulars, here goes

Application reached CIO Sydney: Aug 27th, 2012
PER: November 1st, 2012
Document Request: Proof of Funds, April 15th 2013
Work Experience :RA/TA Since 2007
Previous Study in Canada: Yes, MASc (2007-2009)
Nationality: India

Thanks !
Hi there,
It is enough to send a scanned copy, print your account history during the last 6 months from your online banking, then get them stamped by your bank. Make sure that your name appears on the first page of the statement next to your bank account number.

I updated the spreed sheet with your timeline, how many persons are in your application?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
zhengyilove said:
I got my PER in Oct. 2012, there is no any update so far.

my wife has been pregnent for 5 months.

If I inform them about this, will it do any good to my application?

Thanks
It wouldn't make any good or bad if you tell them right now; once she gave birth to your baby, you have to inform them, you can get 5 pts for a Canadian child.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
noc4012 said:
Hi all,

I worked as RA for so many years and got a letter that lists my duties as per 4012 and adds two more lines for RA and has a section for work as grader. My concern is the following line on CIC:

"during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation"

The lead statement for NOC 4012 is:

"Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges."

My letter only mentions that I worked as RA, gives the name of the prof as the person supervising my work, and states I am a full-time PhD student starting on xxxx and expected to finish 4 years from that date. It does not state: works as research assistant and assists university professors X and Y in research activities.

Is this a problem?
If you post your reference letter here, it will be easier to get a feedback from everyone in the forum. I do not think there is a problem if yo didn't include this statement though, as your professor must mentioned that you assist him somewhere else, which gives the same meaning of the leading statement.
Did you apply under the PhD stream? If yes, would you like to share your timeline?

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
N_O said:
Hi there,
It is enough to send a scanned copy, print your account history during the last 6 months from your online banking, then get them stamped by your bank. Make sure that your name appears on the first page of the statement next to your bank account number.

I updated the spreed sheet with your timeline, how many persons are in your application?
Thanks for your reply. I am the principal applicant and happen to be the only one.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Parkinson said:
I'm not sure what's the answer of the question number 4 of the IMM 0008 form: "Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application". Any suggestions?
It is Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa, as you are applying from within Canada.