14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
N_O said:
It is Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa, as you are applying from within Canada.
My wife is a PhD student in Canada and we live in Canada. We are applying for PR via PhD stream. Are you sure "Case Processing Pilot- Ottawa" is correct? Could you please confirm this for me?
PS: My question is: I'm not sure what's the answer of the question number 4 of the IMM 0008 form: "Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application". Any suggestions?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Parkinson said:
My wife is a PhD student in Canada and we live in Canada. We are applying for PR via PhD stream. Are you sure "Case Processing Pilot- Ottawa" is correct? Could you please confirm this for me?
PS: My question is: I'm not sure what's the answer of the question number 4 of the IMM 0008 form: "Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application". Any suggestions?
That is what almost everyone choose :). If you wish you can choose the embassy of Canada in your country of origin, I'd advise you to do that only if the processing time there is shorter!
Also, I advise you to read the instruction guide IMM EG7000 carefully, to complete your application.

Anyway, the guide says:
4- Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application
Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
 your country of nationality, or
 the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

cdhbamboo

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Hi guys,

I have a question: if I have a half year of TA experience, and a half year of RA experience, (part-time, no break and continuous). Am I qualified for one year work experience? Because TA and RA are in one category 4012, so they can be combined to claim for one year experience, right? Any thought is welcome.

Best,

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
absolute_boy97 said:
Thanks a lot. I am about to ask my supervisor to write me a letter mentioning my duties. DO you think its better not to mention that I am on a scholarship from NSERC and just mention my amount of payment per year as salary? Also to double check with you here is what I am going to ask him to write for me. Please tell me if I should add anything else!!!!

a) The starting date of my employment as research assistant (full time)

b) That I have worked full time, "37.5 hrs/week" from my starting date

c) My salary for each year

d) It should mention that I am doing laboratory experiments and research for use in scholarly publications

e) It should mention that I have been compiling research results, assisting you in the analysis of results, and preparation of journal papers

Thanks guys a lot!!
Asbereth, your help is appreciated!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
absolute_boy97 said:
another question reagrding POF. as you mentioned for the time being I just show my balance. My family has sent me about 12,000 to my account as a gift (family support) to me a month ago and I have an official letter from them mentioning that they have sent this to me as a gift. SO my question is when later they ask for 6 months history, Should I attach this letter to my bank history, or, should I dont attach the letter first and then when they ask about the large transfer I send them the letter then??! in case I can send the letter with the bank history, does it mater that the date of the letter is before the date they asked for the bank history?
Again, your help is appreciated Asbereth!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
N_O said:
That is what almost everyone choose :). If you wish you can choose the embassy of Canada in your country of origin, I'd advise you to do that only if the processing time there is shorter!
Also, I advise you to read the instruction guide IMM EG7000 carefully, to complete your application.

Anyway, the guide says:
Thanks N_O. Another question: in the form "IMM 0008-Schedule 3" question number 8 (work in canada). Is this correct if we select "Yes" because my wife has part time RA (equivalent to 1 year fulltime at the university which she is a PhD candidate)?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Parkinson said:
Thanks N_O. Another question: in the form "IMM 0008-Schedule 3" question number 8 (work in canada). Is this correct if we select "Yes" because my wife has part time RA (equivalent to 1 year fulltime at the university which she is a PhD candidate)?
Is she going to claim a full-time for the first year in her PhD as you said before? Then a part of here experience would be as a full time RA and the rest as a part-time, if this is the case, may be the answer would be YES. If she is going to claim just a part-time experience which is equivalent to a one year or more, then the answer is NO defiantly

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
N_O said:
Is she going to claim a full-time for the first year in her PhD as you said before? Then a part of here experience would be as a full time RA and the rest as a part-time, if this is the case, may be the answer would be YES. If she is going to claim just a part-time experience which is equivalent to a one year or more, then the answer is NO defiantly
Unfortunately her RA is all part-time. So in this case the answer is "NO"? You mean they asked here for just fulltime experience? and the equivalent is not accepted?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
N_O said:
Again, your help is appreciated Asbereth!
Hmm, it's actually hard to know for sure. A deposit of 12,000 dollars would seem excessive, even if you can explain it. How much money would you have if you take out the 12,000 dollars?

In my opinion (not an expert's opinion, so take it for what it is), when they do ask for 6 month bank statement history, don't mention it. Since your money is above threshold, they will not reject you base off POF issue, but rather, if they suspect anything, they would ask for explanation (similar to MASOUD2011). When that happens, then you supply the letter.

According to Wayne from the other forum (TyrusX has a link to his posts), as long as the money is yours and you can prove it, it doesn't matter if it is a large deposit or a gift. but you need to be able to prove that you won't need to return the money to your family (which your letter is, hopefully, sufficient).

But again, it's going to depend on the overall balance history. Was your money almost zero when the deposit occurred?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Parkinson said:
Unfortunately her RA is all part-time. So in this case the answer is "NO"? You mean they asked here for just fulltime experience? and the equivalent is not accepted?
I think you should only answer 'yes' if the work experience is obtained through work permit (under the current rule, only work permit is accepted for this), but I'm not sure. I'll try digging into OP6B a bit more to see what I can get.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Parkinson said:
There is no problem at all if her RA job is part-time, she needs just one year, continuous, and paid (full-time or the equivalent in part-time) to meet the minimum requirement for work experience.

Did you use the self-assessment test to determine if you would earn enough points in the six selection factors to qualify as a skilled worker immigrant?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
Hi guys, I got the email below:

They are asking for Proof of funds. I have there questions:

1. I should reply their email, instead of mail all the documents to them?
2. If yes, I should photocopy all the documents, including the official letter from may bank and the bank statement sent to me monthly?
3. what else documents may help?

Thanks a lot

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Proof of funds: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations.
Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted. This must be received at this office by: 05/16/2013.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. When attaching your document(s), please ensure that they are smaller than 5MB and that each document is attached individually.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
zhengyilove said:
Hi guys, I got the email below:

They are asking for Proof of funds. I have there questions:

1. I should reply their email, instead of mail all the documents to them?
2. If yes, I should photocopy all the documents, including the official letter from may bank and the bank statement sent to me monthly?
3. what else documents may help?

Thanks a lot

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Proof of funds: Please provide evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations.
Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted. This must be received at this office by: 05/16/2013.

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. When attaching your document(s), please ensure that they are smaller than 5MB and that each document is attached individually.
1-Yes, send them the POF through email.
2-Print your account activity for the past six months from your online banking, make sure that your name appears on the first page, and stamp them from your bank.
If your name doesn't appear on the online statement, ask the bank to issue an official letter that has your name, account number, and the total balance.

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your answer.

I just want to make sure. I should scan all the documents you mentioned, and attach them in the email "by clicking the reply button", am I right?

I just need to "screen print" my online bank account?

Previously, I sent the bank official letter. You mean I do not need to issue another one and scan and email it?

N_O said:
1-Yes, send them the POF through email.
2-Print your account activity for the past six months from your online banking, make sure that your name appears on the first page, and stamp them from your bank.
If your name doesn't appear on the online statement, ask the bank to issue an official letter that has your name, account number, and the total balance.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
zhengyilove said:
Thank you very much for your answer.

I just want to make sure. I should scan all the documents you mentioned, and attach them in the email "by clicking the reply button", am I right?

I just need to "screen print" my online bank account?

Previously, I sent the bank official letter. You mean I do not need to issue another one and scan and email it?
Yes, just reply the email, it will goes to OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca

Yes, that is right, screen print then stamp from your bank.

I believe there is no need to an official letter, as your total balance will appear in the printed bank statement.

If your name doesn't appear on the first page of the printed bank statement, then you need an official letter that states your account number, name and the total balance. Some online banking just shows the account number without the names!