Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Anna2013 said:
Hi there,

I also had GIC when I applied. Mine is re-deemable and I can withdraw it whenever I want. I included the statement and highlighted the word "re-deemable". I got doc request but no proof of fund request.
can u plz share ur timeline and what document you got a request for??

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
For those who have friends or family who are thinking of applying for the upcoming FSWP, here's what the famous immigration lawyer David Cohen has to say:

"Attorney David Cohen, of Campbell Cohen immigration law firm, encourages eligible applicants to act quickly in order to ensure that their applications are accepted for review. “Depending on your level of preparedness, time may already be running out,” he said. “Whether you are preparing an application by yourself or working with a representative, you should be aware that this is the most popular program for Canadian immigration. Intake caps are likely to fill quickly.”"

taken from the recent web posting
http://www.cicnews.com/2013/01/countdown-reopening-federal-skilled-worker-program-012251.html

in other words, they better start preparing their applications now! hehe

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
A quick question: I have renewed my passport and study permit recently. Also I have got an off-campus work permit and accepted a part-time job off-campus. Is it essential that I inform CPP? or is it only matters like marriage/divorce/birth/adoption and so on that are important to them?

What do you think guys?

Guruji-33

Dec 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2013
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
ASG said:
Seriously you need to appeal.
They should have told you earlier, or even asked you to provide more info since they didn't take that as proof of funds. You're pretty much 300 dollars short when they don't take the certificate, and how could you have known that this wouldn't work as proof of funds?????

Don't let this go.

Seems to me that when they opened this stream, they simply didn't know how to treat it, and that right now, they're looking for ANY reason to reject people.
Hi ASG,

I am looking to apply for PR under PhD student category soon. I see that you come under the same category (2121). Could you let me know some of the info about the best universities for PhD for Biologist/Biochemist/Bioinformatics. Pls let me know if I can mail you for more info in this regards.

Thanks in advance!

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
dj2009 said:
A quick question: I have renewed my passport and study permit recently. Also I have got an off-campus work permit and accepted a part-time job off-campus. Is it essential that I inform CPP? or is it only matters like marriage/divorce/birth/adoption and so on that are important to them?

What do you think guys?
I also got a work permit after applying for PR and was wondering about that. I asked the CIC call centre agents and they told me that I did not need to contact immigration about the change:they already know. I guess it shows up in their database. You can call the CIC centre to be sure.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guruji-33 said:
Hi ASG,

I am looking to apply for PR under PhD student category soon. I see that you come under the same category (2121). Could you let me know some of the info about the best universities for PhD for Biologist/Biochemist/Bioinformatics. Pls let me know if I can mail you for more info in this regards.

Thanks in advance!
Sure!
But you'll have to be precise as to what your exact field is, because to be honest, I only know the level of grad programs that are in my own field (wildlife biology). I think that depending on what your field is, one way to assess the programs is to check the faculty members, their publications, etc...
My school has a pretty good environmental chemistry program as well. No idea about bioinformatics though...

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utopie said:
I also got a work permit after applying for PR and was wondering about that. I asked the CIC call centre agents and they told me that I did not need to contact immigration about the change:they already know. I guess it shows up in their database. You can call the CIC centre to be sure.

just wondering: are you still thinking to withdraw or have you found a solution to your situation already?

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
ASG said:
just wondering: are you still thinking to withdraw or have you found a solution to your situation already?
I'm still in the dark. I called CIC call centre and they were not very helpful (big surprise!). I told the agent I wanted to extend the deadline for my document request or put my application on hold as my work situation was going to change soon. He told me to send an email to Ottawa. My question: "what should I say exactly?" his answer: "what you just said" meaning that my work situation is going to change. Me: "Do they do that though? Can they delay an application or extend....?" Agent: "I cannot answer that. We do not have that answer here". Hum...thanks! Waiting 40 minutes to finally reach you was really worth it.
I contacted an immigration consulting agency:I'm meeting with them tomorrow. Hopefully, they will be helpful.

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Hey guys, More news:
I just got a document request today too. They asked me for Police certificate, which is the common step right before medical request for all mexicans.
Usually, once you get police certificate request you get medical request within 2 weeks, at least that is what happened to all the mexicans with PR that I know (crossing fingers).
RGB

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
rgb said:
Hey guys, More news:
I just got a document request today too. They asked me for Police certificate, which is the common step right before medical request for all mexicans.
Usually, once you get police certificate request you get medical request within 2 weeks, at least that is what happened to all the mexicans with PR that I know (crossing fingers).
RGB
Congrat! Thanks for sharing.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
rgb said:
Hey guys, More news:
RGB
Rgb,

Congrats on your progress. I've updated the tracker. Quick question for you. Did you provide police cert in your initial application? Or along the way an addon?

And if you did, what was your expiry date for your police cert?

Thanks

WG

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
rgb said:
Hey guys, More news:
RGB

Good News!! Congratulation ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
rgb said:
Hey guys, More news:
RGB
Congratulations! Another lucky Feb applicant!

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
websphereguy said:
Rgb,

Congrats on your progress. I've updated the tracker. Quick question for you. Did you provide police cert in your initial application? Or along the way an addon?

And if you did, what was your expiry date for your police cert?

Thanks

WG
Thanks to everybody.
As I mentioned it, this a very common an specific step for all Mexicans. We usually submit LOCAL police certificates with our application, but those police certificates are from our home state(province). Later on, Canada immigration always request Federal police certificates for us. They even have an specific procedure for that, but this is just for Mexicans.
I also know, that almost right after police certificates requests, Mexicans normally get medical requests. Usually a few days, or a couple of weeks after.
I will keep you posted if i get a medical request.
RGB