+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
informer2000 said:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone who sent correspondences to CPP-O ended up with "LEFT IN MAIL ROOM" in the signatory field of the receiver when tracking the mailed item?!
I sent my bank statement a couple of days ago and the signatory was "N Vallquette". But I think it should be fine if it is left in the mailroom too.

unshans

Jan 30, 2013
Reapply

Hi everyone

I posted a few days earlier in this thread

I was rejected from CEC because they mentioned to that my work experience as RA/TA was not acceptable because research was toward my degree and there it ca't be counted as work. This was because in my work experience reference letter it was mentioned that "my research will be published in my PhD dissertation"
has anyone here been rejected due to same reason?
I am thinking of reapplying under FSW PhD stream
Has any one reapplied with corrected reference letters?
would they open my previous case and compare the reference letters?
In my research I have other duties that are not a requirement of PhD work, such as writing papers and designing Lab experiments.
So this time I am thinking to emphasize on these duties under NOC 4012.

Does anyone have suggestions for my case?

I also have work experience from back home for 6 years ago which I am reluctant to mention since I didn't mention it in my previous application as I thought I would be irrelevant. I feel If i mention this work experience They could accuse me of misrepresentation. Could it happen actually?

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
MORE GOOD NEWS:
I just requested medical!! I knew that Mexicans usually get medical a few days or a week after police certificate request but I got it faster than I expected.
I asked around, and some other friends told me that they also got medical request a day after police certificate request, just like me.
Hope everyone of you keep making progress and getting good news.
Does anyone what is the usual (or average) time between medical request and passport request?
I just made my medical appointment for this Wednesday :)

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Re: Reapply

unshans said:
Hi everyone

I posted a few days earlier in this thread

I was rejected from CEC because they mentioned to that my work experience as RA/TA was not acceptable because research was toward my degree and there it ca't be counted as work. This was because in my work experience reference letter it was mentioned that "my research will be published in my PhD dissertation"
has anyone here been rejected due to same reason?
I am thinking of reapplying under FSW PhD stream
Has any one reapplied with corrected reference letters?
would they open my previous case and compare the reference letters?
In my research I have other duties that are not a requirement of PhD work, such as writing papers and designing Lab experiments.
So this time I am thinking to emphasize on these duties under NOC 4012.

Does anyone have suggestions for my case?

I also have work experience from back home for 6 years ago which I am reluctant to mention since I didn't mention it in my previous application as I thought I would be irrelevant. I feel If i mention this work experience They could accuse me of misrepresentation. Could it happen actually?
Ra/Ta work doesn't count for CEC anymore.
They can compare them yes.
Those duties are actually part of RAing/Taing.

You can apply using you back home Work XP. Omission is not missrepresenation, as you can choose to list the professions that you wish, or have the document in hand.

Inform yourself by reading the Overseas Procedures 6 and then consider applying or not.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
rgb said:
MORE GOOD NEWS:
I just requested medical!! I knew that Mexicans usually get medical a few days or a week after police certificate request but I got it faster than I expected.
I asked around, and some other friends told me that they also got medical request a day after police certificate request, just like me.
Does anyone what is the usual (or average) time between medical request and passport request?
That is very good news. So far we have had more applicants in February getting MR than in January already. I'm doing my MR on Tuesday. Hopefully I can get PR before my visa expires in June :). Felicitaciones!

unshans

Jan 30, 2013

TyrusX said:
Ra/Ta work doesn't count for CEC anymore.
They can compare them yes.
Those duties are actually part of RAing/Taing.

You can apply using you back home Work XP. Omission is not missrepresenation, as you can choose to list the professions that you wish, or have the document in hand.

Inform yourself by reading the Overseas Procedures 6 and then consider applying or not.
Thanks TyrusX

So you mean I won't have a lot of chance if I reapply under FSW PhD stream only with RA/TA experience even if I change the wordings in the reference letter a little bit?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application

unshans said:
Thanks TyrusX

So you mean I won't have a lot of chance if I reapply under FSW PhD stream only with RA/TA experience even if I change the wordings in the reference letter a little bit?
No I didn't mean that, I don't think there will be a problem unless there is a contradiction in the facts. You can expand on your work experience and that would be ok. I would encourage you to make sure that your document your tasks, duties and responsabilities in a way that include the previous letter's duties. Also, include your back home work experience, with a very well explained letter for your duties as well.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
rgb said:
I meant: I just got the medical request, sorry for the typo.
Congratulations!! It looks like February applicants are progressing really nicely. Hopefully we'll hear more of the good news this month.

TyrusX said:
No I didn't mean that, I don't think there will be a problem unless there is a contradiction in the facts. You can expand on your work experience and that would be ok. I would encourage you to make sure that your document your tasks, duties and responsabilities in a way that include the previous letter's duties. Also, include your back home work experience, with a very well explained letter for your duties as well.
Ya, I think we have confirmed that RA/TA (NOC 4012) work experience is indeed accepted as skill level A, so it can count towards work experience for FSW. We have had two cases so far (pass2012 and jessiezz+) that have passed the medical stage, and also one case (AF___) that has passed eligibility (I'm assuming that you would need to pass eligibility before Ottawa would request further documentation), so we know TA/RA is a valid form of work experience.

As you said, it is no longer a valid work experience though for CEC (since RA/TA can only be gained if you are also enrolled at universities full-time, and any work experience you gain while studying full-time can no longer be accepted). It's a shame, really, since CEC now only requires 1,560 hours within the last 3 years, and you do not need to have obtained Canadian degree anymore. A lot of PhD (or even Master's) students would have qualified had they not closed the loop hole :( Another advantage to apply through CEC is the fact that you don't need to submit a proof of funds, which can be a huge hassle for a lot of students...

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Anyway, just an idea, for those people who already got their medicals without bank statement history request, can you elaborate exactly what you submitted and how much money you have (and if you submitted bank statement history, whether or not you ever went below the limit during the history you submitted)? I think it would be helpful for future applicants, unless, of course, if it's really done randomly, and some applicants are luckier compared to others...

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
asbereth said:
Anyway, just an idea, for those people who already got their medicals without bank statement history request, can you elaborate exactly what you submitted and how much money you have (and if you submitted bank statement history, whether or not you ever went below the limit during the history you submitted)? I think it would be helpful for future applicants, unless, of course, if it's really done randomly, and some applicants are luckier compared to others...
Submit bank statement only in the initial submission (Feb. 2012). Showed 15,000+ for two persons.

Submit the bank statement and 6-month activities history on Jun. 2012 without requisition. But not sure whether these documents were considered. Never below 15,000.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
rgb said:
MORE GOOD NEWS:
Congrats..

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
rgb said:
MORE GOOD NEWS:
Congratulation!

Fast progress recently! It seems that CIC focus their attention on FSW Phd these days. Hope everyone continue getting good news!

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
asbereth said:
Sure. Every time I apply for any visa, permits, etc. in Canada I send them a few months of bank statements, so they can see the money in my bank amount have been steady or increasing for several months.
I don't remember how much money I had when I sent my application but I'm pretty sure I sent statements for the last 6 months previous to my application, and the amount was pretty solid ( I worked for many years before I came to Canada and had savings).
Hope this info helps.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pass2012 said:
Submit bank statement only in the initial submission (Feb. 2012). Showed 15,000+ for two persons.

Submit the bank statement and 6-month activities history on Jun. 2012 without requisition. But not sure whether these documents were considered. Never below 15,000.
Thanks for sharing :) One more thing: is the money actually here in Canada, or did you use a bank statement from a bank back home?

It's hard to say whether they consider the 6 months bank statement transaction history that you sent before they requested it. I would have thought that they would, but after TyrusX mentioned that he only included one month transaction history, and he did NOT get requested to submit additional bank statement history, it's hard to say.

rgb said:
Sure. Every time I apply for any visa, permits, etc. in Canada I send them a few months of bank statements, so they can see the money in my bank amount have been steady or increasing for several months.
I don't remember how much money I had when I sent my application but I'm pretty sure I sent statements for the last 6 months previous to my application, and the amount was pretty solid ( I worked for many years before I came to Canada and had savings).
Hope this info helps.
Thanks, rgb :) Did you have the money all in Canadian accounts(s)?