+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

Aug 28, 2018
Please what is the processing time to have your passport stamped with a Visa for COPR purposes. I was invited to submit my passport and some documents to have a Visa stamp and for COPR completion. The problem is that I am to travel for a work assignment on or before the 22nd of September and I worry that if I submit my documents and passport, I may not have it back in time for my work trip.
I was given a 15 days deadline to submit passport, etc and I already have 7 days left. I sent a mail (for extension) to the email address provided on Wednesday last week but I'm yet to get a response. It was my hope that if the extension is granted, I can submit from where I am travelling to and get it back there since I will be there a short while.

What do you advise at this stage? Should I go ahead and submit (if its confirmed I can receive it before the 20th/22nd thereabout? OR should I just wait for a response (although i have a 7 day grace period)

alwaysvik

Mar 2, 2018
What I read somewhere is that you can write back to CIC explaining why you might have difficulty submitting your passports immediately. Explain as lucidly as you can, then they might give you an extension or they might provide you with steps on getting an expedited stamping.

Good luck

Reactions: maki22

Jag13

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Please does anyone know the current timeline for Submitting passport and return. I sent mypassport to Accra on the 1st of August and till today no update or news on it. is this normal?

lekside33

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
It is about 1 month currently.
I will suggest you go there with the tracking sheet attached to the copies of the passport(s) submitted. A friend picked hers on the 14th September, 2018, she submitted on 24th August, 2018. They hardly send notification mail for pick up.

Thank you.

lekside33

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Please does anyone know the current timeline for Submitting passport and return. I sent mypassport to Accra on the 1st of August and till today no update or news on it. is this normal?
I will suggest you go there with the tracking sheet attached to the copies of the passport(s) submitted. A friend picked hers on the 14th September, 2018, she submitted on 24th August, 2018. They hardly send notification mail for pick up.

Jag13

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
my status on mycic acct has not changed to approved and on the VFS tracking it says is being processed at the canada visa office accra

Naaseijnr

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Normally stamping takes 10 days, don't know why is been long tho