+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from Accra Visa Office Connect Here

dhuthman

Mar 14, 2012
Hello Guys, I have submitted passport to VFS since August 24th 2018 ....it's been 34 days and no feedback whatsoever. Status still shows IP2 .Any one in similar boat?

Reactions: maki22

PheonixUnicorn

Oct 2, 2018
Hello friends,
I was wondering if someone could provide some insight. I am using a consultant.I got a police certificate (criminal check)from Ghana.now the consultant is saying I have to wait for ircc to send a letter for the police certificate to me before I can request for it and that the document I need is not a criminal check.Did any of u from Ghana wait for a letter from ircc before getting a police certificate and did the police certificate have criminal check written on it?
Thank you all

Jag13

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Submitted my passport to VFS since September 18th 2018, No update yet.
Really IRCC should have given us the option to use another vendor like DHL other than VFS.
The problem is not VFS the passport is with Accra visa office that is where the passport is held up.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Submitted my passport to VFS since September 18th 2018, No update yet.
Really IRCC should have given us the option to use another vendor like DHL other than VFS.
DHL was what AVO allowed before but they made so many errors they had to get a more secure system in place.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Hello friends,
I was wondering if someone could provide some insight. I am using a consultant.I got a police certificate (criminal check)from Ghana.now the consultant is saying I have to wait for ircc to send a letter for the police certificate to me before I can request for it and that the document I need is not a criminal check.Did any of u from Ghana wait for a letter from ircc before getting a police certificate and did the police certificate have criminal check written on it?
Thank you all
Yes for applicants before February of this year we got a letter first requesting police check which we then obtained and submitted. It does have to be done. For new applicants it has to be obtained and submitted with application. Maybe the application kit will have clear instructions. I don't think consultant is giving you good advice. Different programs have different times for when you have to send in your police certificate(s).

There are now 3 things you have to do in addition to application and other things: biometrics at a VAC centre for which they send letter for, medicals at a panel physician for which they send letter for, and police check upfront to be given with application.

Last edited:
Reactions: LOJ

PheonixUnicorn

Oct 2, 2018
Yes for applicants before February of this year we got a letter first requesting police check which we then obtained and submitted. It does have to be done. For new applicants it has to be obtained and submitted with application. Maybe the application kit will have clear instructions. I don't think consultant is giving you good advice. Different programs have different times for when you have to send in your police certificate(s).

There are now 3 things you have to do in addition to application and other things: biometrics at a VAC centre for which they send letter for, medicals at a panel physician for which they send letter for, and police check upfront to be given with application.
Thank you for answering. I have the police certificate so they request for it ill give it to them

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Federal skill worker.Other people I know sent it upfront but on the ircc website it said to wait until it is requested.that is what my consultant is using as a guide so ill just have wait
That's right. Every immigration stream has different requirements for when to submit documents and you need to be mindful of the expiration date as well. But you have to follow what the application requirements are for your specific immigration stream and not send documents in before required, probably thinking it may speed up the processing.