+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APEGS SINP skill assessment

fedmolac

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi experts
My degree is electricals and electronics engineering but I have a complete 10 years of experience in fire protection system. That is basically a mechanical system.

Does Apegs give me engineer in Training Certificate based on my experience or they want the experience should match the qualification.

adbayaras

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi experts
My degree is electricals and electronics engineering but I have a complete 10 years of experience in fire protection system. That is basically a mechanical system.

Does Apegs give me engineer in Training Certificate based on my experience or they want the experience should match the qualification.
When you apply for Engr-in-training, apegs will based your certificate from your academic competency.
When you apply for professional license, they will based it from your work experience

fedmolac

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
When you apply for Engr-in-training, apegs will based your certificate from your academic competency.
When you apply for professional license, they will based it from your work experience
Hi,
As I undertand from you, i will get rejection as my experience is totally different ??

Do you have any reference for this ??

adbayaras

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi,
As I undertand from you, i will get rejection as my experience is totally different ??

Do you have any reference for this ??
If you are applying for engineer-in-training, you don’t need to worry about your experience, even a fresh graduate can apply.
Your work experience only matters when you apply for professional license, but before you can apply for that, you need to be an engineer-in-training licensee first.
In short, only your academic records matters for now.
http://www.apegs.ca/Portal/Pages/International-Engineering-Graduates

Therefore, your certificate will be based on electrical and electronics engg degree not based on your experience

fedmolac

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
If you are applying for engineer-in-training, you don’t need to worry about your experience, even a fresh graduate can apply.
Your work experience only matters when you apply for professional license, but before you can apply for that, you need to be an engineer-in-training licensee first.

Therefore, your certificate will be based on electrical and electronics engg degree not based on your experience
I was reading about the requirment, they need the below information also where they can match both. \

v. Academic Assessment application form
vi. Self-assessment
vii. Course descriptions

Does course description need anything to do with our work experience ??

devansat

Feb 2, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Hello Everybody, I'm in the process of applying for APEGS Engineer-in-training, as I understand their accredition is pre-requisite for SINP application. Please, can someone explain me whether WES ICAP evaluation report shall be send to APEGS directly, or it can be delivered to me!? Kindly advise!

shohel112

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I was reading about the requirment, they need the below information also where they can match both. \

v. Academic Assessment application form
vi. Self-assessment
vii. Course descriptions

Does course description need anything to do with our work experience ??
how APEGS evaluate WES course by course ? by total semester credits?

destiny_child

Nov 12, 2010

I am not sure if that is true because I applied for EIT and I submitted everything they require initially. After a few months they asked me to submit work experience and now I have to do that to avoid the 03 technical exams.

destiny_child

Nov 12, 2010
how APEGS evaluate WES course by course ? by total semester credits?
WES course by course evaluation is not that different from your actual transcript so i guess thats more of a source for authentication and verification of your documents.

Last edited:

shohel112

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I am not sure if that is true because I applied for EIT and I submitted everything they require initially. After a few months they asked me to submit work experience and now I have to do that to avoid the 03 technical exams.
Do you refer technical exam to deficiency? Actually at the moment we need a letter from APEGS for a confirmatory exam. If you get this letter, you can apply straightway to SINP OID. After getting PR, then you go for PE accreditation. If you dont get PR, its worthless to have PE accreditation. Though it may help in future in other way. I am wondering that they might asses some deficiencies in my bachelor in civil engineering degree.
I have got my WES course by course evaluation. My undergraduate semester credits 141.5 . Do you reckon that it is enough to avoid deficiencies?

shohel112

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Did you do your academic assessment form? Did you get your letter for confirmatory exam?

Last edited: