+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR to PPR Timeline

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
It depends on so many other factors than just criminal record and/or travel history. Actually, travel history has very little to do with it, unless it's unclear reasons for traveling to some flagged countries.
The completeness of details in your documents, how quickly they can verify all info, etc... All these come into play.

But everything remaining the same, an application with basic travel history, no criminal record, no previous visa rejections or prior refusals to enter a given country, complete application with all details required included in all documents, and everything on par with eligibility requirements... Then yes, it's safe to expect the application to be within the official 6 months processing time.

But again, it's hard to know in advance what detail will attract their attention for further review. IRCC is the only one who holds the key to such mystery :D .

If all is fine, it's 6 months.
Thanks for this beneficial information. Actually I was thinking that way because two of my friends, who are supposed to receive a decision this month, either of them have complicated profiles.
One has work experience of India, Newzealand and currently working in India again. Whereas the other one has different addresses due to the frequent transfers. So their applications are a bit complicated.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Transfers and work in different places really don't make an application complicated. What would make it complicated however, to illustrate what I was saying earlier, is if work documentation incorrectly or confusingly reflects all of this.
Address history, travel history, work experience dates, and personal activity... all of it needs to match.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Transfers and work in different places really don't make an application complicated. What would make it complicated however, to illustrate what I was saying earlier, is if work documentation incorrectly or confusingly reflects all of this.
Address history, travel history, work experience dates, and personal activity... all of it needs to match.
Tell me one thing. If one submits his application with wrong NOC and rreceive an ITA corresponding to that. But instead of applying for it, he withdraws the file because of the uncertainity of the NOC code. After sometime, he submits his application again, but this time with correct NOC code. Once again receives the ITA and applies accordingly within the given deadline.
So, here My questions are:

1. Do you think, previously entered wrong NOC code, has anything to do with the delay in the whole process?

2. Does it makes our file complicated?

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
@Peacekeeper87 oh boy, visa refusals complicate things :confused: I got 3! Twice I was refused at US embassy and once UK, I did get visas later on to both countries though...I just reaaaaally don’t want to fall under ss or rr. It’s been almost 3 months since AOR, I think I will order notes after 4 months...

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
@Peacekeeper87 oh boy, visa refusals complicate things :confused: I got 3! Twice I was refused at US embassy and once UK, I did get visas later on to both countries though...I just reaaaaally don’t want to fall under ss or rr. It’s been almost 3 months since AOR, I think I will order notes after 4 months...
Visa refusals are not uncommon at all, but it all depends on the reason. As long as it's not due to security or criminal concerns, then there is nothing to worry about. Simply having some visas being refused by itself won't necessarily trigger security screening. Falling into SS is a "big picture" thing after assessing various factors such as, but not limited to, employer, current or previous government positions, being from a country with significant unrest, name hit with known criminals, being on a no-fly list...etc... Being randomly selected can also be a reason. But just because you were refused a visa or two, not really.

Previous visa refusals will have forced you to answer "Yes" to specific statutory questions in your background declarations. That in itself will undoubtedly trigger review required for additional review on those refusals, but won't necessarily cause significant delays. They'll just get in touch with proper US and UK authorities to double check that the real reason for refusal isn't of criminal or security nature, and/or any other reason that would render you inadmissible to Canada. These specific countries are not slow to respond, and the info about the refusal are easy to request. Would have been a totally different story if it was a country known to being uncooperative with Canada.

No real cause for concern.

Reactions: ECLN

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Since you wanted opinions from people who have already gone through the process, I'll weigh in my two cents here @NikSharma01.

This thread is a complete waste of time
for you. There are better ways to put your time to use currently, as overthinking ultimately leads to confusion.

• Someone had pointed out that there's no way to predict how long your file will take and obsessing over these stuff will waste your time as well. What you should be concerned about is to fill your form correctly and truthfully, and submit/upload all necessary documents in the correct manner/format.
  • Just because your friend with similar background and details got his PPR in 3 weeks or months is no guarantee that you'll receive yours in the same time.
  • Once you submit the file, erase the fact that you've submitted an application for Permanent Residency from your mind itself. Go about your normal life or do some research about your job market in Canada. Joining all those AoR to PPR groups sucks your time as most of the discussions about timelines are pointless - people who have got their PPR within 2 months are bombarded with questions on what "worked" for them and some of them behave like Gods as well. Have faith in your file and engage yourselves for 6 months. You'll surely get it and it will be a major event to celebrate in your life - not if you obsess about every detail even before beginning your application.
Just submit your application, and leave the rest to (the real) God.

As for questions you asked, see below

Tell me one thing. If one submits his application with wrong NOC and rreceive an ITA corresponding to that. But instead of applying for it, he withdraws the file because of the uncertainity of the NOC code. After sometime, he submits his application again, but this time with correct NOC code. Once again receives the ITA and applies accordingly within the given deadline.
So, here My questions are:

1. Do you think, previously entered wrong NOC code, has anything to do with the delay in the whole process? Nope. The information gets recorded only after you pay the fees and submit your file. Any other changes to your profile before submission is irrelevant.

2. Does it makes our file complicated? Again, no.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Since you wanted opinions from people who have already gone through the process, I'll weigh in my two cents here @NikSharma01.

This thread is a complete waste of time
for you. There are better ways to put your time to use currently, as overthinking ultimately leads to confusion.

• Someone had pointed out that there's no way to predict how long your file will take and obsessing over these stuff will waste your time as well. What you should be concerned about is to fill your form correctly and truthfully, and submit/upload all necessary documents in the correct manner/format.
  • Just because your friend with similar background and details got his PPR in 3 weeks or months is no guarantee that you'll receive yours in the same time.
  • Once you submit the file, erase the fact that you've submitted an application for Permanent Residency from your mind itself. Go about your normal life or do some research about your job market in Canada. Joining all those AoR to PPR groups sucks your time as most of the discussions about timelines are pointless - people who have got their PPR within 2 months are bombarded with questions on what "worked" for them and some of them behave like Gods as well. Have faith in your file and engage yourselves for 6 months. You'll surely get it and it will be a major event to celebrate in your life - not if you obsess about every detail even before beginning your application.
Just submit your application, and leave the rest to (the real) God.

As for questions you asked, see below
Thanks for your feedback buddy! It has entirely changed my viewpoint. So, I'm looking forward to it now.

mdilushi

May 25, 2017
Nomination.....
None
IELTS Request
Overall 8
Inland or outland
It is outland. But the time can vary. don't get panic. I also didn't expect them to do it fast. I was expecting like 3-6 months. I even told my boss that even though I apply for PR it will take time and I will be staying with the company for around an year.

So, don't worry. for some it comes fast and for some it is not.