+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR to PPR Timeline

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi all,
I'm Nikhil. I've created this thread so that we can have an idea about the overall time period taken by the IRCC for granting the PR to the express entry candidates. Guys, It is very common question being asked by the EE candidates "HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKES TO GET THE PPR NOTIFICATION OR THE PR? "

The time varies for the candidates depending on their profiles. There have been the cases when people have got their PR within 1-2 months span, while there are still many, who are waiting for theirs, even for the PPR notification!

So the main motive of creating this thread is to connect with the experienced candidates, who have previously dealt this situation of immense tension and frustration.

Therefore, those who have already got the PR, the PPR notification or moved to Canada, are most welcomed here to share their experiences, and guide others accordingly. So that we can also have an estimate about how much time would be taken for our profiles. It will be extensively beneficial for others waiting in the pool.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emprexx and Getty

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Protect yourself from the frustration, and aim for 6 months, with most likely no update in between.
No getting any update is frustrating. But what's worse is when you look for signs and updates, and not finding any.
Just aim and wait for the 6 months deadline to complete...

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Protect yourself from the frustration, and aim for 6 months, with most likely no update in between.
No getting any update is frustrating. But what's worse is when you look for signs and updates, and not finding any.
Just aim and wait for the 6 months deadline to complete...
Yes, it is. However, I wonder how could someone get PPR within 1-2 months?! That's so rare! That's why I'm confused about the whole completing process. .

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yes, it is. However, I wonder how could someone get PPR within 1-2 months?! That's so rare! That's why I'm confused about the whole completing process. .
Confusing indeed, which is why I urgently encourage everyone to not focus on those. They are cases that get processed exceptionally fast, and we cannot know really why or how. So many variables involved. IRCC already having completed many of the checks for a previous application may be a reason. But nobody can know for sure. They are exceptional cases.

A lot of people see those cases, and think, "Oh Okay! So that could be me!". And when it doesn't happen for them, they tend to get worried and panic.

Most applications get processed in the 5-6 months time frame.

Every application will move through these stages:
-Medicals
-Completeness Check
-Criminality
-Eligibility
-Security

Some move through them faster than others, as there are so many variables involved:
-The accuracy of information
-How quickly they can verify the information
-The need for additional document
-How quickly the applicant reacts
-Country of origin/residence
-Travel history to some sensitive countries
-Working/Worked for a company known for controversial activity (fraud, laundering, etc...)
-The need for additional security checks
-Medical condition
-Criminal History
-Family background checks
-Previous visa refusals
-Previous refusals to enter a country or deportation
-Which processing center is processing the application

The list goes on.

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Confusing indeed, which is why I urgently encourage everyone to not focus on those. They are cases that get processed exceptionally fast, and we cannot know really why or how. So many variables involved. IRCC already having completed many of the checks for a previous application may be a reason. But nobody can know for sure. They are exceptional cases.

A lot of people see those cases, and think, "Oh Okay! So that could be me!". And when it doesn't happen for them, they tend to get worried and panic.

Most applications get processed in the 5-6 months time frame.
These were the cases from November 2018, which got the PPR in December 2018. Don't know if there is any such case in this year. However, nowadays IRCC is taking way longer for the completion. Even it has been said that in 2019 the average time frame will be around 8-9 months, which is 2-3 months extra from the 6 months period! :eek: Should we believe on such rumours? But, after looking at those who are waiting from 8-9 months, it seemed to be true!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
These were the cases from November 2018, which got the PPR in December 2018. Don't know if there is any such case in this year. However, nowadays IRCC is taking way longer for the completion. Even it has been said that in 2019 the average time frame will be around 8-9 months, which is 2-3 months extra from the 6 months period! :eek: Should we believe on such rumours? But, after looking at those who are waiting from 8-9 months, it seemed to be true!
You have to understand that for those for which it's taking 8-9 months already, you cannot know why. Maybe their application had an issue which required additional review (Funds, eligibility, medicals...). So many variables. It doesn't mean it's the new average.

The processing time is still 6 months, and most applications you see are still within that time frame. But this timeframe is only for complete application. If there is an issue with it, of course it will take longer. So no, I don't believe you should fall for these "rumours".

I myself am a September AOR and it was processed in 5.5 months.

Just submit a complete application, review all details, and question it reasonably. That way, you'll be able to put yourself in the shoes of the agent reviewing your case, as he/she isn't familiar with your situation. You have the chance to explain discrepancies.

Remember those first agents have a target of 100 cases per day, so they might skip some important details.

Just take the time to submit a good application, and don't rush it! If it's good and complete, it will be processed in due time!

Reactions: jackan

srirams91

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
Is there a difference in processing time for an 'uncomplicated' application, say with no travel history or criminality record or clean employment letters, as opposed to a 'complicated' application, say with multiple travel records, or military service, etc.?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
How does an 'uncomplicated' application, say with no travel history or criminality record or clean employment letters, fare against a 'complicated' application, in terms of processing time?
5-6 months VS. 8-10 Months.
If applicant is selected for security screening, that can take even more, in the realm of 12-18 months.

Porya MohSo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
There has been PPRs issued in even less than 21 days. But those are extremely rare cases. Even tho it may not seem that way, as us applicants are to eager to get the PPR too quickly coz someone got it in only a few weeks or months, IRCC really do manage to complete 80% of applications within 6 months. Cases that take longer than 6 months are mostly RR cases or SS cases.

Patience really is the key here. Just wait the 6 months!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
5-6 months VS. 8-10 Months.
If applicant is selected for security screening, that can take even more, in the realm of 12-18 months.
I also want to know. As I have neither any criminal record nor any travel history, so are there more chances that my file will be processed within the 6 months period. It is believed that simple cases are processsed much faster as compared to the complicated ones. The reason is, because such profiles are crystal clear !:D

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
There has been PPRs issued in even less than 21 days. But those are extremely rare cases. Even tho it may not seem that way, as us applicants are to eager to get the PPR too quickly coz someone got it in only a few weeks or months, IRCC really do manage to complete 80% of applications within 6 months. Cases that take longer than 6 months are mostly RR cases or SS cases.

Patience really is the key here. Just wait the 6 months!
Just curious, what are the RR or SS cases? IIt will be really appreciated, if you can put a bit of light on it.

srirams91

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
I also want to know. As I have neither any criminal record nor any travel history, so are there more chances that my file will be processed within the 6 months period. It is believed that simple cases are processsed much faster as compared to the complicated ones. The reason is, because such profiles are crystal clear !:D
Hope to get it by June-July this year. Fingers crossed!