App. Filed.......
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-10
File Transfer...
16-09-10
Passport Req..
30-10-10
Hey ppl just wondering does AOR also mean that all the forms are proper and complete?

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It means Acknowledgement Of Receipt .... Thar they now have your package and are starting to look at it. One step closer!!!

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
No, it's just notification that they've received your application from CPC-M. Some embassies follow up with an "Initial Assessment" letter that tells you they've completed the initial assessment and lets you know whether an interview will be required, and/or that asks for additional information or documentation.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
RobsLuv said:
No, it's just notification that they've received your application from CPC-M. Some embassies follow up with an "Initial Assessment" letter that tells you they've completed the initial assessment and lets you know whether an interview will be required, and/or that asks for additional information or documentation.
Right, but what if an application is incomplete or missing required documents? Would they still send an AOR for that? Or would they simply return it without sending AOR?

I've been so worried about whether or not I included my option C, and a missing option C is a near guarantee of having the application returned.

Reactions: dsingh72

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RobsLuv said:
AOR is more than that. It also means that CIC has at least performed a cursory glance through the package and has deemed it to be complete.

[From CIC document ip08):

Initial receipt and coding

An initial process occurs on receipt of every application, including those involving Quebec
applicants. This process includes information gathering, record creation and administrative steps
to ensure that initial evaluation can begin. This process includes, among others, the following
steps:
verification for completeness;
• return to sponsor, if application is not complete, or acceptance by date stamp receipt;
• creation of both a paper and electronic file;
acknowledgement; (this is AOR)
• request for any support documents or information that may be missing;
• verification of and possible printing of the FOSS and/or CAIPS record; and
• electronic transfer of biodata information to CPIC.

Reactions: tiffphany23

jr4210

Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
AOR Received.
5-03-2016 / SA 17-03-2016
File Transfer...
28-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-10-2016
flx2015 said:
and a missing option C is a near guarantee of having the application returned.
I don't think that's necessarily true, I've read of others getting approved without providing one, as in some cases you can't provide an Option C if you didn't file taxes (working abroad) - so on the checklist it says if you don't provide one then to add a letter explaining why, pay stubs etc.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
jr4210 said:
I don't think that's necessarily true, I've read of others getting approved without providing one, as in some cases you can't provide an Option C if you didn't file taxes (working abroad) - so on the checklist it says if you don't provide one then to add a letter explaining why, pay stubs etc.
What I know for sure is that I did check off option C on the checklist, and I didn't provide pay stubs or a letter of explanation. What I don't remember is whether I actually included the option C printout. :p

Regardless, I guess that if I've gotten my AOR, then I can at least stop worrying about my application being returned.

dsingh72

Dec 29, 2016
Right, but what if an application is incomplete or missing required documents? Would they still send an AOR for that? Or would they simply return it without sending AOR?

I've been so worried about whether or not I included my option C, and a missing option C is a near guarantee of having the application returned.
Dear brother flx2015,
I need your little help.

After submitted myPR file I got an email on the same day which confirms that CIC has recieved my file and it says " We are reviewing your application to determine if it meets the requirements of a complete application ...... you may use this letter to apply for a bridging open work permit."

Now, when i try to apply for bridging my open work permit online, the questionnaire asks me "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
What is the answer of above question? Are they asking about above email that i got? Please help me.
I will be very thankful to you.