+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in September Let's Connect here

shibdutta

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
legalfalcon said:
Called CIC, felt as if I did something wrong by calling them to ask on my case.

Agent asked me when did the previous agent told me to call (I called a month ago), I told him that he did not give me a date. (which he did not).
Also he saw that I raised a inquiry last week to LVO and asked for my GCMS notes. I told him that I want to get clearer view on the stage my application is in, which was not addressed in the email as well.

Anyway he told me to call after August 14th if I do not hear anything back, I will be waiting for my notes for another month. If I call again in the next few weeks, they are probably going to "attack" me why did I call before August 14th. Did anyone had similar experience?

I have called CIC twice in the past. And the way they respond is as if I had done a crime by calling them. Since then I decided not to call anymore and just rely on GCMS and email or CSE. Even when you call, they don't tell much except what is available on MyCIC anyway.
I called CIC few times, sometime I get a person in bad mood and sometime one in less bad mood. i don't know why it is so.

but most of the time I am able to talk to them, rather than they started attacking me, with this trick.

I start my conversation with a request and a question for them and always mentioned that I am not looking for any information on my case, but i have some questions. then most of them responds better. they sometime take my application number also. And later I softly put that I am worried about my application and once or twice they did helped me

so what Kind of questions i put to them,
1) that I have updated my address but its long time I haven't heard anything from CIC,
2) or I Updated my passport number but I haven't heard anything from CIC (even though I did), just to start them looking into it.

be polite and always try to ask their help, but sound confident, not too confident though.

Once I memtioned that i have received my GCMS notes and some parts I am not able to understand, she said that they are not allowed to discuss anything about GCMS and they are supposed to cut the call on GCMS. But then I requested that if she can "guide" me on some general terms. and she did almost for 7/10 minutes.

at the end, CIC agents give very little information, atleast to me. but atleast they don't start bashing on me.

let me know if it helped anyone.

Thanks
Shiv

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Finally after waiting for 7 months and 2 days today I finally received the PPR a few minutes ago. While I am abundantly happy for my application being finalized, I wish the people waiting for the PPR also receive the news soon.

I will be here on the forum and will try to help anyone who might need my help.

I will write a longer post in a new thread with all the details and my analysis and tools to help you all.

Thanks you all for supporting me and I will continue to stand with you.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
legalfalcon said:
Finally after waiting for 7 months and 2 days today I finally received the PPR a few minutes ago. While I am abundantly happy for my application being finalized, I wish the people waiting for the PPR also receive the news soon.

I will write a longer post in a new thread with all the details and my analysis and tools to help you all.

Congrats! Enjoooooy! :)

ues.waiting

Mar 25, 2016
legalfalcon said:

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope we get ours today too!! Have been waiting 7 months!

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Legalfalcon and thank you for all your support.

Wish you all the best.

Shanksw007

Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
Doc's Request.
04- 09-2015
Nomination.....
AINP 15-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2015
legalfalcon said:

Congratulations, You have been a big help to a lot of people on this forum, best of luck for your Canadian dream :)

ukaz007

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats, mdotk and legalfalcon.

Finally got that PPR as well!!!

Mantrik-j

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
PPR! Finally finally finally! :D :D :D

Congrats, guys! I wish you all the best in Canada!

Fswsky

Feb 16, 2016
legalfalcon said:

Me too. I just got the PPR. I will submit my passport out today. Thanks.

guillefranco73

Oct 26, 2015
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:

I am happy for you legal falcon!

Good luck and God Bless you!

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Congrats legalfalcon and Mantrik!! The long wait paid off in the end. :D

jimso101

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:

Congrats Buddy!!!!