+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in September Let's Connect here

Fswsky

Feb 16, 2016
Mantrik-j said:
Thank you so much, finally reached the agent.

At lease I know they don't need any additional documents from us.
She told me that our application update means that our file is at the final stage of the review and we should hear from them soon, but how soon she didn't say.
Like always, they are saying something without really saying anything. ::)
Totally agree, they are saying something without really saying anything.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Here is another analysis from my side to calm your nerves a little. Now this is just my analysis based on my understanding of the processing, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, analysis of my GCMS notes and the trends available forum.

The Background Check is the last step in the processing for all FSW candidates. For the PNP it starts early in the process, but not for all. The BGC is conducted by external agencies, CSIS, RCMP, INTERPOL etc. So when an application has the BGC in progress you will receive a ghost email and it will be followed by a change in the status on MyCIC. Now CIC cannot predict how long your BGC will take. It can be as little as 2 days to as long as 2 months or more. When you receive another ghost email, this time, MyCIC would be updated but you will see no change. This usually means that the BGC is complete and is awaiting an agent review. If the BGC is all clear, the agent will write a note finalizing the application and you are ready to get you PPR.

In the last 2 weeks, CIC has not issued PPRs or those that have been issued are rare. This could be due to various reasons. One of them could be that could have been too many passports sitting for visas and they wanted to clear it before they get back to sending more PPRs. Or that the workforce has been reassigned to some other project, a family sponsorship or spouse, which are the priorities for newly elected government.

In some cases, like mine, my BGC was in progress. It stayed like this for a month. Then I requested GCMS and the next day I received a ghost email. In my experience, my last two updates have been when I filed GCMS. This happens because when an applicant applies for the GCMS notes, an agent is forced to open your file. If there is an update pending on your file, like the BGC report complete, he will update it since he is in the file.

I hope this helps calm some nerves.

henley66

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
Here is another analysis from my side to calm your nerves a little. Now this is just my analysis based on my understanding of the processing, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, analysis of my GCMS notes and the trends available forum.

The Background Check is the last step in the processing for all FSW candidates. For the PNP it starts early in the process, but not for all. The BGC is conducted by external agencies, CSIS, RCMP, INTERPOL etc. So when an application has the BGC in progress you will receive a ghost email and it will be followed by a change in the status on MyCIC. Now CIC cannot predict how long your BGC will take. It can be as little as 2 days to as long as 2 months or more. When you receive another ghost email, this time, MyCIC would be updated but you will see no change. This usually means that the BGC is complete and is awaiting an agent review. If the BGC is all clear, the agent will write a note finalizing the application and you are ready to get you PPR.

In the last 2 weeks, CIC has not issued PPRs or those that have been issued are rare. This could be due to various reasons. One of them could be that could have been too many passports sitting for visas and they wanted to clear it before they get back to sending more PPRs. Or that the workforce has been reassigned to some other project, a family sponsorship or spouse, which are the priorities for newly elected government.

In some cases, like mine, my BGC was in progress. It stayed like this for a month. Then I requested GCMS and the next day I received a ghost email. In my experience, my last two updates have been when I filed GCMS. This happens because when an applicant applies for the GCMS notes, an agent is forced to open your file. If there is an update pending on your file, like the BGC report complete, he will update it since he is in the file.

My BGC changed into "in progress" 4 month ago. Does it means there are some thing wrong with my BG? It makes me nerves.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:

Great analysis, Thank you.

I got the ghost email yesterday which is 3 weeks after applying for GCMS.

N0M0re

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC -OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-09-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Count me in 5 months since BG went in progress

denga

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Called CIC, felt as if I did something wrong by calling them to ask on my case.

Agent asked me when did the previous agent told me to call (I called a month ago), I told him that he did not give me a date. (which he did not).
Also he saw that I raised a inquiry last week to LVO and asked for my GCMS notes. I told him that I want to get clearer view on the stage my application is in, which was not addressed in the email as well.

Anyway he told me to call after August 14th if I do not hear anything back, I will be waiting for my notes for another month. If I call again in the next few weeks, they are probably going to "attack" me why did I call before August 14th. Did anyone had similar experience?

Fswsky

Feb 16, 2016
legalfalcon said:

Great analysis. Just a little bit confused. I am not sure if ordering the GCMS will induce an "update" in account.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
denga said:

Agent asked me when did the previous agent told me to call (I called a month ago), I told him that he did not give me a date. (which he did not).
Also he saw that I raised a inquiry last week to LVO and asked for my GCMS notes. I told him that I want to get clearer view on the stage my application is in, which was not addressed in the email as well.

Anyway he told me to call after August 14th if I do not hear anything back, I will be waiting for my notes for another month. If I call again in the next few weeks, they are probably going to "attack" me why did I call before August 14th. Did anyone had similar experience?
No, Dont worry, u can call them whenever u feel. Its upto agent sometimes they dont say or tell anything or they react as u mentioned. Give a call again may be end of this week and hope u ll get good agent

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
legalfalcon said:

@legalfalcon

thanks for your valuable inputs. This will help us many of us in many sense

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Mantrik-j said:
Hi, you are inland, right? Where did you call? I am trying to reach them for over a week and only thing I hear is that they are experiencing high volume of calls and are unable to connect me with an agent.
It's so frustrating. :'(

I got ghost email on march 23 without any changes on my application. Still waiting for GCMS notes that I ordered last month.
7 months and 2 days waiting... :(
ya Inland

Dont worry be petient . If u got ghost email u might hear it soon.

As far calling CIC try again and again dont disconnect when they say on the start that we are getting many calls.

Wait choose options and go till end if they still say many calls

then hang up and call again

u might have to try 5-7 times to get an agent

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
legalfalcon said:
Your GCMS notes are solid and you are at the finish line. See it as a race where the athletes done their bit, but the referees are waiting to arrive on the scene to declare the winners.

I hope good news is around the corner

finger crossed

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
henley66 said:
My BGC changed into "in progress" 4 month ago. Does it means there are some thing wrong with my BG? It makes me nerves.
No. For the PNP applicants the BGC going in progress within days after they file the application. So different categories it is different. Since you are Inland CEC, RCMP will also be involved even though you might have turned in the PCC. This will take more time than usual, but it in no way reflects that there is anything wrong with your file.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Fswsky said:
Great analysis. Just a little bit confused. I am not sure if ordering the GCMS will induce an "update" in account.
It will not automatically induce and update. However, if there is anything pending, like a completed BGC, the agency since he will open the file anyway, he will update it. Similarly, when an analyst has made his note and it is pending an agent's review, upon submitting the GCMS request, the Agent will review the note and approve it since he is already reviewing your file for the GCMS notes.

So not always, but it does help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
denga said:

I have called CIC twice in the past. And the way they respond is as if I had done a crime by calling them. Since then I decided not to call anymore and just rely on GCMS and email or CSE. Even when you call, they don't tell much except what is available on MyCIC anyway.

Fswsky

Feb 16, 2016
legalfalcon said:
It will not automatically induce and update. However, if there is anything pending, like a completed BGC, the agency since he will open the file anyway, he will update it. Similarly, when an analyst has made his note and it is pending an agent's review, upon submitting the GCMS request, the Agent will review the note and approve it since he is already reviewing your file for the GCMS notes.

So not always, but it does help.
I am totally with you. You are more than a supervisor. You are quite right!