Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
iceage said:
I guess, UNLIMITED :(
I saw in another thread (for people who are beyond six months of waiting), that someone got an information that 16 months is the final deadline.

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
mdotk said:
does any body know how long in average it takes to reach the decision for the people exceeding the 6 months limit (in average from previous cases), if everything looks fine.

Is it 7 or 8 or ... months ?

of coarse, I know every case is different, but just wanted to know the average trend.

Thanks
Somebody says until your medical validity

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Friends any update who are still waiting for PPR

Fswsky

Feb 16, 2016
DreamCanada16 said:
Friends any update who are still waiting for PPR
I just called cic this morning. Agent said everything is OK and the VO officer has not approved yet. It should not take a long time. My background check has been done though. So, waiting!!! I emailed to the local MP, she could not do anything but waiting for another 2 months. I do think she has done what she is supposed to do. She did not want to do anything more.

N0M0re

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC -OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-09-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Sent CSE received a BS Answer so resent another CSE yesterday. called the CIC and talked to a rude retarded agent " still reviewing" "that's it" was his answer. timeline in signature .

the additional document requested was " Procedural fairness" regarding my current job status. they also called and talked to the Owner of the business back in Nov 2015. Still waiting on PPR

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
I called yesterday they said BCG still in process :'(

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess all who passed the 6 months receive the same response, everything is ok & nothing required from your side, the BG check is in progress.

no deadline are given.

did anybody receive a different response ?

@Fswsky : my understanding is that the agent told you your are approved, only it's a matter of few days ?

Fswsky

Feb 16, 2016
mdotk said:
I guess all who passed the 6 months receive the same response, everything is ok & nothing required from your side, the BG check is in progress.

no deadline are given.

@Fswsky : my understanding is that the agent told you your are approved, only it's a matter of few days ?
My application has not approved yet. Agent may mean that it will be approved but he can not make any decision on it. All I know is everything is OK and BG has been done, the only thing is to wait for the approval or rejection from the VO.

Hope it will come up in a week.

Fswsky

Feb 16, 2016
mdotk said:

no deadline are given.

By the way, you received an email on February 24. What is it related to?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This is a mere hunch and nothing official. Based on how the CIC is processing the applications, and upon careful review of my personal GCMS notes, this is what I can conclude:

1. GCMS notes make an agent pick up your file and if there is a something pending, they will usually update it. So GCMS notes do make your file move, but not always. Ordering the GCMS notes is an applicant's legal right. You can order as many GCMS notes as you would like. But, please don't abuse the process. I would suggest that if you have crossed the 5-month mark, and there has not been much movement, you should definitely order the GCMS notes. It will give you a picture of what has happened and if there are any concerns, that you can rectify. Next set should be ordered as soon as your cross the 6-month mark and see if there has been any movement. At this time it is advisable to call CIC and send an email or a CSE to figure out what is happening with your file.

2. Seeing the recent trends, there have been virtually no PPR issued in this week or the last. This could be due to various reasons. CIC might be trying to clear the old files, change in the policy, or a system glitch. This is all speculation. Usually, the PNP applicants are being processed without delay. If their files can be processed, so can others, but it is a priority issue. To understand why this happens, welcome to the obscure world of federalism. The immigration is within the authority of the federal government, but the provinces had their unique needs, so they pick up applicants from the pool. Since the PNP is a province approved file, CIC puts them on priority not to piss off the provinces and create a political issue in the parliament or the provinces enacting laws within their purview at the state legislative levels.

What to do is your application is still under process and you are almost at the 6-month mark?

6 months has now become a myth with CIC stating that 6 months is the average time it took to clear 80% of the files, which I highly doubt at this stage. So stay calm and be positive. Order the GCMS notes, if you see something off or new, let everyone know, check the interpreting the GCMS notes thread, BGC in progress and still waiting thread, and six months and not finalized thread. I personally believe that if you follow this you should have a clear picture of what stage is your file at. Rest it depends on the CIC, and their backlog. But most of the delays are due to the CIC and not the applicants. So don't get paranoid that there is something wrong with your file. If you see the thread of applicants who had passed 6 months, they got approved, some had to wait for 7-8 months, but finally they got the PPR.

Stay calm and be positive. It is frustrating to wait and sometimes feels that it will never happen, this is when you need to find a reason to inspire yourself and believe in yourself.

Hope this helps. If there is anything that I can help anyone of you, please do not hesitate to let me know, or send me a PM if there is something that you would not like to share here.

God Speed!

JustCanada

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Manila
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
16 September 2015-IELTS and 02 February 2016 -Bank Records & Payslips
AOR Received.
10 September 2015
Passport Req..
June 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 9, 2016 (To GOD be the glory!)
legalfalcon said:
This is a mere hunch and nothing official. Based on how the CIC is processing the applications, and upon careful review of my personal GCMS notes, this is what I can conclude:

1. GCMS notes make an agent pick up your file and if there is a something pending, they will usually update it. So GCMS notes do make your file move, but not always. Ordering the GCMS notes is an applicant's legal right. You can order as many GCMS notes as you would like. But, please don't abuse the process. I would suggest that if you have crossed the 5-month mark, and there has not been much movement, you should definitely order the GCMS notes. It will give you a picture of what has happened and if there are any concerns, that you can rectify. Next set should be ordered as soon as your cross the 6-month mark and see if there has been any movement. At this time it is advisable to call CIC and send an email or a CSE to figure out what is happening with your file.

2. Seeing the recent trends, there have been virtually no PPR issued in this week or the last. This could be due to various reasons. CIC might be trying to clear the old files, change in the policy, or a system glitch. This is all speculation. Usually, the PNP applicants are being processed without delay. If their files can be processed, so can others, but it is a priority issue. To understand why this happens, welcome to the obscure world of federalism. The immigration is within the authority of the federal government, but the provinces had their unique needs, so they pick up applicants from the pool. Since the PNP is a province approved file, CIC puts them on priority not to piss off the provinces and create a political issue in the parliament or the provinces enacting laws within their purview at the state legislative levels.

What to do is your application is still under process and you are almost at the 6-month mark?

6 months has now become a myth with CIC stating that 6 months is the average time it took to clear 80% of the files, which I highly doubt at this stage. So stay calm and be positive. Order the GCMS notes, if you see something off or new, let everyone know, check the interpreting the GCMS notes thread, BGC in progress and still waiting thread, and six months and not finalized thread. I personally believe that if you follow this you should have a clear picture of what stage is your file at. Rest it depends on the CIC, and their backlog. But most of the delays are due to the CIC and not the applicants. So don't get paranoid that there is something wrong with your file. If you see the thread of applicants who had passed 6 months, they got approved, some had to wait for 7-8 months, but finally they got the PPR.

Stay calm and be positive. It is frustrating to wait and sometimes feels that it will never happen, this is when you need to find a reason to inspire yourself and believe in yourself.

Hope this helps. If there is anything that I can help anyone of you, please do not hesitate to let me know, or send me a PM if there is something that you would not like to share here.

God Speed!
Thanks very much Legalfalcon! You are the Avisad Anac of our era ☺

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
JustCanada said:
Thanks very much Legalfalcon! You are the Avisad Anac of our era ☺
Thanks for your kind words. Happy to help. This forum has been very kind and helpful to me, and if I can contribute back, with my knowledge, training, and education, happy to do so.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
A quick update. I had my BGC in progress since March 3. Today I checked MyCIC and it shows that the application has been updated. But there is no change in the status, everything is the same, and neither have I received any email. Not sure what this is all about.

Have my fingers crossed.

denga

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
legalfalcon said:
A quick update. I had my BGC in progress since March 3. Today I checked MyCIC and it shows that the application has been updated. But there is no change in the status, everything is the same, and neither have I received any email. Not sure what this is all about.

Have my fingers crossed.
Thank you for your advice, just ordered my first GCMS notes, will wait until start of May to get some info. Hopefully PPR be ready by then.

I am holding my finger crossed for you!

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:

Have my fingers crossed.
Good News mate... all the best...