+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in September Let's Connect here

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DreamCanada16 said:
does calling CIC helpline on ur application status daily or frequently has any negative impact on the application ?
No. It does not.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fpaikar said:
Yeah. Sometimes Yahoo does that. Dont worry. CIC will resend it again once they receive your message.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am worried if I have missed the PPR email somehow, I received the ghost email 20 days ago. Since then, I am checking my email and junk folder and nothing was received, but I still have few day for the 6 months.

Can I call CIC to ask if the email was sent or not OR will they will just ask me to wait these few days ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
fpaikar said:
What will be the local LVO office for me .I stay in Kingston Ontario and if it was Ppr request and we did not respond in 3i days .Will they cancel our application
First, please don't freak out. If your application is approved, and you missed the email, they will NOT cancel your PR. So relax.

If you are in Canada, then your LVO should be Ottawa. Their email is cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

When you write the email make sure your mention application number in the subject and your date of birth and under which program you applied in the subject.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
legalfalcon said:
First, please don't freak out. If your application is approved, and you missed the email, they will NOT cancel your PR. So relax.

If you are in Canada, then your LVO should be Ottawa. Their email is cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

When you write the email make sure your mention application number in the subject and your date of birth and under which program you applied in the subject.
Thank you so much.Will do

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
fpaikar said:
Thank you so much.Will do
[/quote
Thank you so much does the LVO stand for the local visa office.Is it the same thing of sending the case specific enquiry.Last thing is that after we send them an email do we again call Cic and will the agent tell us more.Thank you once again .

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
[/quote
Thank you so much does the LVO stand for the local visa office.Is it the same thing of sending the case specific enquiry.Last thing is that after we send them an email do we again call Cic and will the agent tell us more.Thank you once again .
[/quote]

Yes, LVO stands for local visa office. Sending the email is not CSE. CSE goes to the centralized office from where it is directed t where your file is. While sending the email to the LVO is sending the email straight to the office, so it is faster in terms of turn around time. Your enquiry is very specific, and does not deal with adding a new doc, so only an email would suffice.

I would write something like this:

Sub: Permanent Resident Express Entry Application # Exxxxxxx

Dear Officer,

I am writing to enquire about the status of my permanent resident application (UCI # xxxxxxx) filed under the EE/PNP/CEC program. My application was filed on [DATE].

Upon calling the CIC on [DATE] I was informed by the agent that an email was sent to me on [DATE]. However, I never received any communication, or I might have inadvertently missed it since it might have landed in my spam folder.

Could you please check my application and let me know the status, and if a communication was sent for additional documents or informing me of a final decision, could you please renew it and resend the email at the earliest.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,

NAME
[Date of Birth]
[Country of Birth]

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
legalfalcon said:
[/quote

Yes, LVO stands for local visa office. Sending the email is not CSE. CSE goes to the centralized office from where it is directed t where your file is. While sending the email to the LVO is sending the email straight to the office, so it is faster in terms of turn around time. Your enquiry is very specific, and does not deal with adding a new doc, so only an email would suffice.
Thank you so much.This is awesome.Thank you.
One last question that for additional documents do they send an email or a hard copy letter.
I would write something like this:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
For additional document request, you always receive a message with a PDF request letter in your My CIC account. You also receive an email letting you know that you have received a new message in My CIC.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
legalfalcon said:
For additional document request, you always receive a message with a PDF request letter in your My CIC account. You also receive an email letting you know that you have received a new message in My CIC.
Thank you so much.It was strange we had got that updated email on 21 Jan but no email.Lets see will email the LVO office.The agent said an email was sent and background check is cleared.Hope for something good.Thank you so much.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
fpaikar said:
Thank you so much.It was strange we had got that updated email on 21 Jan but no email.Lets see will email the LVO office.The agent said an email was sent and background check is cleared.Hope for something good.Thank you so much.
All the best and keep us posted. Hope you get the PPR soon.

Fswsky

Feb 16, 2016
legalfalcon said:

Hi legalfalcon,

Thanks for your generous sharing. in your opinion, do you think the officer responsible for cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca could share more information than the cic agent on the cic phone number. I have already contacted to the MP and got replied that BG has not started, my file was assigned to another agent for March 24. It is so weird. But the most weird thing is that the BG is in progress in my cic acount.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Fswsky said:
Hi legalfalcon,

Thanks for your generous sharing. in your opinion, do you think the officer responsible for cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca could share more information than the cic agent on the cic phone number. I have already contacted to the MP and got replied that BG has not started, my file was assigned to another agent for March 24. It is so weird. But the most weird thing is that the BG is in progress in my cic acount.
You have to remember that tools like calling and email are just to get an updated status of your application. For a detailed status of what is going on, GCMS notes is the way to go. But in my experience, I have been more satisfied with the email responses than over the phone.

I have called CIC at least 5-7 times after I reached the 6 months mark and every time what they told me was that my application was under review and 6 months is just indicative, not the actual time within which the application will be processed.

However, when I emailed, the response I received was:

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.

Your application is still under review.

While we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion.

At this time, there is nothing that is required on your part. We are awaiting the results of some internal processing prior to finalizing your application. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

Regards,

xxxxxx [an actual agent signed it as you see in the GCMS notes]
This was signed by an actual agent. So I feel much better than what they say over the phone. Also this email came in after my BGC went in process, so I am aware that it's their internal processing and nothing much can be said by the agent.

This is my view. Others might differ depending on their experience with what they had over the phone. I have decided not to call CIC, instead, I will send another email when I hit the 7-month mark.