AOR in September Let's Connect here

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matgpaula said:
My application was refused :'( :'( :'( :'(
The reason is that I didn't have an ECA for my Bachelor diploma as I already had a Canadian Certificate as higher education.
I read here that it was not necessary to include ECA for the other diploma. So if ECA is necessary why they have the option to put "No" in the Express Entry Profile when you don't have it?
Any advises?
I will try again, but I'll have to pay everything again :'( :'( :-[ :-[ :-[
WOW....This does't have any sense ....you are under CEC? Coz somebody else get rejection for same reason but I know people with PR already without having ECA.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
matgpaula said:
The reason is that I didn't have an ECA for my Bachelor diploma as I already had a Canadian Certificate as higher education.
I read here that it was not necessary to include ECA for the other diploma. So if ECA is necessary why they have the option to put "No" in the Express Entry Profile when you don't have it?
Any advises?
As a rule of thumb, you should get all your education evaluated through the ECA. It has no harm and you are all covered.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
EFK said:
^^ Usually the UK and Canada embassies have sent letters explaining the refusal... and the "do not have enough ties to country of residence" is a typical excuse for refusal... and then UK marks it with the reference number on the last page of the passport (same thing happened with me), but Canada did not mark anything (for my friend).. but we both got letters explaining why we were refused...
I have never experienced this. People I know who were refused, no reason was given. However, if you have a letter, add it to the explanation letter. I was only cautioning you to not add which is not there. But, since you have the letter, go ahead and mention it in the explanation and attach a copy. It will not hurt your application one way or another. Its very common to get visa refusals for this reason.

Shanksw007

Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
Doc's Request.
04- 09-2015
Nomination.....
AINP 15-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2015
matgpaula said:
Any advises?
i guess Your bachelor's has more value than your diploma, if you selected 2 or more degree option for your education then you should have got ECA, if you have done master's in canada then it's not necessary as it will be counted as your highest education.

matgpaula

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
As a rule of thumb, you should get all your education evaluated through the ECA. It has no harm and you are all covered.
I applied under CEC.
My highest education is Canadian (College Graduate Certificate) and I claimed points for my Bachelor Diploma (with no ECA, selecting the option "No" for ECA, that's the reason it was refused).
Any comments?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Shanksw007: Any update on your DM, did you get a PPR letter requesting for your passport?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
matgpaula said:
I applied under CEC.
My highest education is Canadian (College Graduate Certificate) and I claimed points for my Bachelor Diploma (with no ECA, selecting the option "No" for ECA, that's the reason it was refused).
Any comments?
I guess someone who is in the CEC pool would be better to comment on this. However, as far as my law knowledge and training, and my dealing with immigration law issues goes, education should be accessed for all degrees pursued, unless expressly asked not for. But go ahead, get an EAC done for all your education and refile. Alternatively, you can challenge the decision. There is a thread dealing with that.

matgpaula

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shanksw007 said:
i guess Your bachelor's has more value than your diploma, if you selected 2 or more degree option for your education then you should have got ECA, if you have done master's in canada then it's not necessary as it will be counted as your highest education.
Yes, I selected 2 or more degree option and I got points for that. But didn't prove with ECA that I have 2 degrees, and my highest education is Canadian.

matgpaula

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
I guess someone who is in the CEC pool would be better to comment on this. However, as far as my law knowledge and training, and my dealing with immigration law issues goes, education should be accessed for all degrees pursued, unless expressly asked not for. But go ahead, get an EAC done for all your education and refile. Alternatively, you can challenge the decision. There is a thread dealing with that.
Yes, I will request my ECA and reapply. I have everything necessary (Canadian highest education, 1 year Canadian work experience, foreign experience), it's very unfair.

SelinaS

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
AOR Received.
24-09-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Received on Oct 14 (ECAS)
Passport Req..
19/07/2016
matgpaula said:
I applied under CEC.
Any comments?
I am sorry to hear that, matgpaula . However, in your education part, you should ONLY put the one(s) that you intend to claim points and obtain the ECA.
You may want to establish a new profile in the Express Entry asap. It might be another draw on this Friday.
Good luck!

DevAryan

Jun 29, 2015
@matgpaula
That's the Problem. If you do not have an ECA report for your Foreign education you cannot claim the Points for it. But, You did claim the Points by Selecting 'Two or more education' thing.
I would suggest you to get the ECA report first and then claim the points for it. You should get the ITA Again! unfortunately, I don't think we can do anything for the Money now.

Shanksw007

Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
Doc's Request.
04- 09-2015
Nomination.....
AINP 15-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2015
matgpaula said:
Yes, I selected 2 or more degree option and I got points for that. But didn't prove with ECA that I have 2 degrees, and my highest education is Canadian.
There you go, that's the problem if selected 2 or more degree option and one of the degree is from outside of Canada then you have to get ECA for that degree, apply for ECA as soon as possible and create a new profile, hopefully you will get an ITA.

S-Toronto

Sep 22, 2015
Hi Matgpaula,

Can you try sending your ECA report and try to reopen the same application. Just a thought. I have seen people re-opening in some other scenarios like medical. Try to call up CIC. It is worth a try.

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matgpaula said:
I applied under CEC.
Any comments?
Wow again....now i need and advise from somebody with more experience coz after I read this I expect our application to be cancelled...

so a go back in my husband ITA and there is :
1- Skill Transferability- Education-13 points..That means he claim and he get points for foreign education?(here he put 1 year vocational diploma)
2-Skill Transferability-Certificate of Qualification-25 points( this is his Red Seal)
Because if he get this 13 points for foreign education we did't send ECA for this,and that means the application will be cancelled.But i will have a bigger problem because here in Canada is no any organization who do ECA for trade.....So....any opinions? My husband apply under CEC + LMIA but i don't know if this is important....

matgpaula

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S-Toronto said:
Hi Matgpaula,

Can you try sending your ECA report and try to reopen the same application. Just a thought. I have seen people re-opening in some other scenarios like medical. Try to call up CIC. It is worth a try.
Do you think is possible to reopen the application even if it was Refused? I'll research about that.

Thank you.