LANDED..........
August 9, 2016 (To GOD be the glory!)
legalfalcon said:
I replied back. Chex your inbox.
Thank you very much!

nikkunnikki

May 27, 2016
Hi Friends,

I have been a mute follower of this forum and have benefited a lot from all inputs.

I'm FSW Outland, AOR is dated 25FEB 2016. GCMS notes received this morning show work in progress and nothing to worry about (So far). My passport expires on 4th Jan 2017. "Hoping" that I'll receive PPR in a month or two, my passport validity would be 5-6 months then and not 1 year as required in PPR.

Question: Should I apply for renewal now or wait till PPR? I would like to be in Canada (if all works out) by 15 Aug and may not have sufficient time between PPR and departure to renew passport. If I apply now and get a new passport, how do I notify CIC, Also, will it effect / delay my application if my passport changes while my application in progress...Pls advise.

PS: Thanks to all the good people for their valued inputs in all topics of this forum. I'm waiting to be a bit more qualified to start contributing.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
nikkunnikki said:
Hi Friends,

I have been a mute follower of this forum and have benefited a lot from all inputs.

I'm FSW Outland, AOR is dated 25FEB 2016. GCMS notes received this morning show work in progress and nothing to worry about (So far). My passport expires on 4th Jan 2017. "Hoping" that I'll receive PPR in a month or two, my passport validity would be 5-6 months then and not 1 year as required in PPR.

Question: Should I apply for renewal now or wait till PPR? I would like to be in Canada (if all works out) by 15 Aug and may not have sufficient time between PPR and departure to renew passport. If I apply now and get a new passport, how do I notify CIC, Also, will it effect / delay my application if my passport changes while my application in progress...Pls advise.

PS: Thanks to all the good people for their valued inputs in all topics of this forum. I'm waiting to be a bit more qualified to start contributing.
Renew it now, and send a CSE with new passport data when you get it. There is no minimum requirement of passport validity in the PPR, however the validity of the COPR will be till the validity of the passport, or 1 year from the medical date, whichever is earlier. This expiry date applies to all members in the group.

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2Cold said:
Renew it now, and send a CSE with new passport data when you get it. There is no minimum requirement of passport validity in the PPR, however the validity of the COPR will be till the validity of the passport, or 1 year from the medical date, whichever is earlier. This expiry date applies to all members in the group.
Sorry I am hijacking this post. Is your comment applicable even if you do not have enough pages in your passport? My wife has got only 4 blank pages in passport though the validity is till 2020. As per my embassy I can only apply for a new passport with 2 blank pages. I might get a PPR request sometime Jul with my Mar AOR. Please can you advice.

Thanks

nikkunnikki

May 27, 2016
Hot2Cold said:

Thank you Hot2Cold...I read somewhere that PPR reads Passport validity to be 1 year..however, I'm relieved to read your reply.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
OMG :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

My agent left the Job and got settled in Miami . New agent never ever bothered about my file and sat on my file. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( my bad luck

just received GCMS notes nothing after January 2016 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

It seems even idea of getting GCMS notes to wake up agent isn't working for me :'( :'( :'( :'(

I ll be celebrating 9 months on 9th June. i might be heading to break the record :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

i m out of words now :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
DreamCanada16 said:

My agent left the Job and got settled in Miami . New agent never ever bothered about my file and sat on my file. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( my bad luck

It seems even idea of getting GCMS notes to wake up agent isn't working for me :'( :'( :'( :'(

I ll be celebrating 9 months on 9th June. i might be heading to break the record :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Call CIC as many times as you could.

Read Adin.blr post here >>>> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-november-2015-lets-get-together-t375944.4035.html

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
DreamCanada16 said:

No competition here bro ...I am the one who is breaking record ..already completed 9 months on 26th May 8) 8) 8) 8)

After reading Adin.blr's post ..got motivated and wrote a mail with " URGENT" title ...got this response in just 20 Mins :

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards

Lets see what my GCMS Note says ( ordered on 4th May) ....Asking me to be patient ...tell them " I CANT BE MORE PATIENT THAN THIS " :( :( :( :(

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Han said:
Call CIC as many times as you could.

Read Adin.blr post here >>>> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-november-2015-lets-get-together-t375944.4035.html
Mate i have been doing all e.g. CIC Help Line , CPC email and GCMS notes. But in my case no one says its complete or approved everyone says in process .

Anyways thanks for sharing info.

Still trying to stand

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
DreamCanada16 said:

If you don't want to deal with them anymore, submit the IMM 5476 Use of Representative form to cancel your representative and send it as a CSE or preferably to the VO that has your file if you know it from your GCMS notes.
And then contact them to follow up on your file.
But if a new agent took over, you were supposed to submit a new IMM 5476 form to cancel the old one to appoint the new one, did you ever do that?

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
bellaluna said:
If you don't want to deal with them anymore, submit the IMM 5476 Use of Representative form to cancel your representative and send it as a CSE or preferably to the VO that has your file if you know it from your GCMS notes.
And then contact them to follow up on your file.
But if a new agent took over, you were supposed to submit a new IMM 5476 form to cancel the old one to appoint the new one, did you ever do that?
I think he was just being sarcastic, referring to IRCC agent. I think ;) :) :)

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2Cold said:
Thanks for the answer. I'm in a similar case. No 1 year requirement on passport, luckily for me, too.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016

Jrvasudev

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This email i received yestersday

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry; however, we do not have further information regarding the decision made on your file.

Please refer to the letter that was sent to you or visit our Help Centre and our website for more information. You can search by typing keywords.

What should i say now, they gave decision and they don't have information or they cannot get it. I sent refusal letter, explanation, request letter for reconsideration.. now,,,,