pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, I received my PPR today. This journey till PPR was very tough and many people supported me all the way to sail through.. I bothered you all several times with my endless queries. You don't even know me but as a guide and mentors you always helped me with your suggestions and advices. I am really indebted to all of you for all the help you provided. Thank you very much, I am very grateful to you all. All the best to those who are waiting for PPR. I will be active in this forum and try and help as much as I can...Take care..

destinex

Aug 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
pkumthek said:
Hi All, I received my PPR today. This journey till PPR was very tough and many people supported me all the way to sail through.. I bothered you all several times with my endless queries. You don't even know me but as a guide and mentors you always helped me with your suggestions and advices. I am really indebted to all of you for all the help you provided. Thank you very much, I am very grateful to you all. All the best to those who are waiting for PPR. I will be active in this forum and try and help as much as I can...Take care..
Hi phumthek

What is the time frame between case transferred to CPC-Ottawa and your PPR

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
destinex said:
Hi phumthek

What is the time frame between case transferred to CPC-Ottawa and your PPR
I am inland applicant so my file was always processed in CPC Ottawa right from the beginning. My total days from AOR to PPR are 147 days.

gilean

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Canadaistheway said:
How did you immediately get an FBI PCC :eek:
It wasn't immediate. I applied to PCC a week after I got ITA. I waited until the last day of the ITA period for the PCC but it never came so I applied without it. Fortunately I got my PCC the same week they asked for additional documents.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
Canadaistheway said:
Wow.. :eek: just my luck then.. Have a great life in Canada :D

P.S. The fact that CIC requires American Citizens to take IELTS is killing me..haha
UK citizens (born & bred) and they made us take CELPIP :eek:

destinex

Aug 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
pkumthek said:
I am inland applicant so my file was always processed in CPC Ottawa right from the beginning. My total days from AOR to PPR are 147 days.
Thank you for the reply.

I am also an Inlander. But my notes showed that info. So I was wondering.
Ok, so can you tell the timeline between R10 completeness check and PPR.

steve_liv

Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-09-2015
Got PPR email today... :D :D :D :D
AOR 30th September

Thanks for all your support and help...

edi123

Jul 22, 2015
after receiving CoPR inside Canada, does everyone need to cross a border or is it possible to make landing at CIC office?
If so which one is the better option and why?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
edi123 said:
after receiving CoPR inside Canada, does everyone need to cross a border or is it possible to make landing at CIC office?
If so which one is the better option and why?
There are pros and cons of each. Booking with CIC would be an appointment - possibly 3-4 weeks away depending upon which CIC offices addresses your current address. You cannot choose to do it AT ANY CIC office, just have to use the one designated to your area. There is a number to call for appointment and you need COPR to get appointment. CIC understands the process better so if you are planning on moving or something, its more well informed having done at their office and of course is the most preferred route with no landing involved.

The other option of course is going to a border. People flag pole all the time which is technically going out of Canada (to US mainly), getting a paper refusal which is of no significance otherwise (although should count as an entry refusal for any other CIC application latter). This is proof that you exited Canada and on the way back you can land as a PR.

The advantage is of course getting PR faster, could be done on a weekend at border of your convenience. If you get a really angry officer, he might be upset about why you are using a loop hole to land (it is not but at least in case this has been told on this forum) in system to land from outside. You might have to wait several hours but you get PR done faster.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
destinex said:
Thank you for the reply.

I am also an Inlander. But my notes showed that info. So I was wondering.
Ok, so can you tell the timeline between R10 completeness check and PPR.
Hi Destinex,

I am not 100% sure about that. But my medical passed 10 days after my AOR and my BG check went into progress the same time. So i guess approx. 10 days should have been taken to complete the R10 check. My GCMS notes should come this week so it will have detailed and accurate information. I will share that with you when I receive it.

igorsalves87

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone knows how long does it takes from the date I send my passports until the date I get them back?

edi123

Jul 22, 2015
Thank you for your reply, fkl.
I want to get my PR faster but my family's application can wait for weeks. So what I am asking is, is it possible to process my case separately at the border and they (my family) can process theirs at the assigned CIC office latter?

The other thing, I have applied for bridging work permit earlier. Now that my PR application has approved, is there a possibility that I can get my $255 back?

crazycouple

Apr 8, 2015
Congrats people who got PPRs today. I never expected they would be working today.
Looks like it has started for inland and PNPs. Next should be outlanders... all the best and fingers crossed...

barbylonzy

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Sept 2015
AOR Received.
5th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Aruna26 said:
My BG is in process today......

AOR 5th September.... Don't know how long the wait for PPR....

FSW Outland
Aruna which country are u from?