+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in September Let's Connect here

canadarocks84

Jan 21, 2016
Hi. Would anybody happen to know whether the application of people who already have a UCI number (through a previous tourist/student visa application) gets processed faster? Please let me know if you have any input about the same. Thank You so much.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
canadarocks84 said:
Hi. Would anybody happen to know whether the application of people who already have a UCI number (through a previous tourist/student visa application) gets processed faster? Please let me know if you have any input about the same. Thank You so much.
No. All inlanders always have UCI number but they are always the slowest ones! doesn't matter. for CIC don't look for any pattern. you should simply hope that your file is assigned to an officer who is less lazy than the others! :p :p :D

CanPRCEC

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadarocks84 said:
i do have previous UCI but dont see anything moving faster

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
a couple of days ago I decided not to wait anymore at all. I will start looking for a movement in March and I call them if it becomes more than 6 months. It actually feels much better. :p

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masin said:
Yes, I do. The number of inlanders who receive ITA is much more than outlanders, moreover, outlanders are spread all over the world while inlanders are processed with a few number of inland offices, For example, the number of applicants who apply from Denmark is much much less than the number of applicants who are processed in ottawa. It is obvious to me that outlanders should be faster.
I guess everyone's app is going through Ottawa at some point. I'm outland fsw who's never been to Canada, but my app is stuck at CPC Ottawa.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, refugee apps are on steroids again. I see at least 700-800 new refugees being taken under processing. Looks like they have deployed most of their agents on this issue again to meet the 25K target by end of month.

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
My take is that CIC is switching back and forth between our apps and refugees. This explains why we see so many PPRs in a few days and then silence for several days.

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Canadaistheway said:
Guys, refugee apps are on steroids again. I see at least 700-800 new refugees being taken under processing. Looks like they have deployed most of their agents on this issue again to meet the 25K target by end of month.
I don't know where you brought this info from. I checked the refugee counts yesterday and it was 21.3k as of 31 of January. today, it is 21.74k as of 2nd of February which means they have processed almost 200 each day, not more than that! why do you think it is 800??

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibaak said:
I don't know where you brought this info from. I checked the refugee counts yesterday and it was 21.3k as of 31 of January. today, it is 21.74k as of 2nd of February which means they have processed almost 200 each day, not more than that! why do you think it is 800??
I am not talking about processed applications. I am talking about their backlog. I think it was about 13.6K yesterday and it's 14.2K today. That means about 600 were added to the backlog. If you add around 200 that as you claim have been cleared from backlog that adds up to about 800 new applications taken within just one day. Now that doesn't mean they will all get processed today but it means they are preparing for a larger workload thus have probably dedicated more agents. Capisce?

Not to mention that arrived refugee count has been struggling around 15K for almost a week

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys don't worry a day will come when we all will get news on our applications.

I know we all are starting or sharing idea and thoughts to keep our mind busy or trying to find some logic.

But lets hang in there its around the corner. At the most we have only one month to go as we all gonna finish 6 month in March

Lets be positive

ceedly

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-15
AOR Received.