12-11-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
maddy.10m said:
My Background check went to "in Progress" from "Not Needed" today morning. AOR 16 Nov - FSW Outland (COR USA).
Congratulations mate

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lily_br said:
Scorpions1987, many thanks :)

I already submitted my new application, thanks for the tips about the explanation letter :)
@Scorpions1987, @Lily_br
I have a question for you, I have a temporary full-time job offer (2yrs) and applied under CEC after the first year. Being a temporary job offer, is that the reason behind rejection?

pixelboy

Mar 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
M.Mostafa said:
@Scorpions1987, @Lily_br
I have a question for you, I have a temporary full-time job offer (2yrs) and applied under CEC after the first year. Being a temporary job offer, is that the reason behind rejection?
It's only a problem if you claimed 600 points for an LMIA supported job offer (which has to be for a permanent, non seasonal job).
If you got your ITA without claiming those 600 points, then there's nothing wrong with your temporary job offer.

Hope that helps.

madhoo31

Aug 27, 2015
hi all, when BG is in progress, what aspects of the application are checked? and at this stage, are these checked by the VO of the country of origin? i also have another question... say i got the PR, and being primary applicant, i travel first and apply for PR card. what happens if my spouse and son could not travel and their visa expires? how complex would it be for them to get their stamping again and join me?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
madhoo31 said:
hi all, when BG is in progress, what aspects of the application are checked? and at this stage, are these checked by the VO of the country of origin? i also have another question... say i got the PR, and being primary applicant, i travel first and apply for PR card. what happens if my spouse and son could not travel and their visa expires? how complex would it be for them to get their stamping again and join me?
At this point in your timeline, your entire case is being reviewed by an officer prior to issuing the visa/PPR.
It can be at either the local VO or Ottawa.
Not sure about that, but people really try to land before the visa expires. I imagine you'd need a very compelling reason to get CIC to reconsider reissuing new PR visas and COPRs after the expiry, and it may require repeating the medicals.

EDIT: There is another thread, and it's not possible at all, you lose PR status.

M.Mostafa said:
@Scorpions1987, @Lily_br
Yes, for PR, the LMIA has to be permanent and indefinite, not temporary.

joannasuba

May 1, 2016
hi.we need some advise. ??? ???.me and my husband apply for express entry last august 2015..we already passed all the requirements like WES(ECA) and Ielts..and we already have our EE Profile..we only have 358points, but the latest draw was 468points..we asked our agency if theres any thing we can do to increase our points..we are worried because our application will expire on august 2016..our agency said that we need employer to help us..how can we do that?

MapleMadMan

Nov 29, 2015
Hello All,

My BG Check went into "In Progress" this morning. No messages yet though. It's been a while since I had that lump-in-my-throat feeling after getting the "Your application has been updated" email!

Hopefully this is good news and my PPR is only days away. In 14 days my application will be 6 months old.

MapleMadMan

Nov 29, 2015
joannasuba said:
hi.we need some advise. ??? ???.me and my husband apply for express entry last august 2015..we already passed all the requirements like WES(ECA) and Ielts..and we already have our EE Profile..we only have 358points, but the latest draw was 468points..we asked our agency if theres any thing we can do to increase our points..we are worried because our application will expire on august 2016..our agency said that we need employer to help us..how can we do that?
I think you're posting in the wrong thread. This thread is for people who've already received invitations to apply based off of the points they achieved. With that said, I received the most of my points for language proficiency, level of education and age. I got somewhat of a double boost from my education because it's scored both in Human Capital and Skill Transferability. I also got a boost from my spouse's language proficiency. On top of that I had Canadian and Foreign work experience. So I would say to you, if you haven't already checked and submitted info for all of the possible areas where you can be awarded points, do it! Also consider re-taking the IETLS if you could possibly get a higher score the next time. Finally, double check if your WES result has been properly submitted into your profile. Good luck!

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pixelboy said:
It's only a problem if you claimed 600 points for an LMIA supported job offer (which has to be for a permanent, non seasonal job).
If you got your ITA without claiming those 600 points, then there's nothing wrong with your temporary job offer.

Hope that helps.
I see, thank you.

+1

zfraitis

Sep 18, 2015
Alberta to be
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
duckirha said:
AOR in November applicants,

I have locked the spreadsheet to avoid inconsistency and to make the data cleaned. My advise, please put/comment your updates here, I will update it.

AOR in November 2015 applicants list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SDdkSfcgmxLqg_g6tEBWRJMElm_yQsjw4bMLujVCIGs/edit#gid=83743221

Many thanks for your cooperation and understanding
Can you please upload my SS info if you don't mind
Thanks

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
They have requested my RPRF in 15 April and I have paid in 17 April. After that I have logged in now 2 May and seen status updated today but no change in the Application details and no mail. Can anyone please tell what does it mean ?

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Lily_br said:
Hey guys, bad day for me :(

my application was refused, they said that I don't have a full time work but I am a LMIA application so I really dont understand what happened in my case...now I will apply again and put more prove that I am working full time...

my LMIA is under all rules, I really dont know why they refused...after 161 days, it is frustrating :(

good luck for all you!
Lily_Br..... Don't lose hope buddy; this is not the end, hold the line..... Re-apply again, and in case of your job reference letter keep strict with your NOC standard format. Just change only few words, I did so. If you need a standard format, Please mention your NOC and email address, I will send your prototype job reference letter. Then you can edit according to your need.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
tanmaya said:
Dude I am in mississauga...where you @ .
next to square one in the condos

Amaljohan

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
I paid RPRF upfront and on 19th i got a mail saying that my account is updated. This updated mail came to me after 4.5 months and i really hope that its a good sign and finally my file is touched by some one there in CIC. Fingers crossed :)
AOR - Nov 20th (FSWO)
Medicals passed - Nov 26th
Background check - Not started

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Amaljohan said:
I paid RPRF upfront and on 19th i got a mail saying that my account is updated. This updated mail came to me after 4.5 months and i really hope that its a good sign and finally my file is touched by some one there in CIC. Fingers crossed :)
AOR - Nov 20th (FSWO)
Medicals passed - Nov 26th
Background check - Not started
Good.. I think Nov applicants are the most ignored ones... :-X, Hoping for some movement here this week..