+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in November 2015 - Let's get together

Amaljohan

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Whatsapp group for all those who are waiting more than 6 months are now can join with us for live updates, discussions, suggestions, expert advises etc . We have number of people in our group and if you want to get your self added please send me a whatsapp message to +94718777749. Thanks.

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
nshakelly said:
First of all congratulations to you.

As per your signature, I note that IRCC had request your spouse's India PCC during the later stage of the process. Dint you provide this while addition of spouse to your EE application?
they did but when i gave them pcc it was obtained from india and then my wife moved to saudi so they needed an updated one from indian embassy in saudi

EhabHassaneen

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2015
No PPR for me yet !!

Yes, I'm stuck in Security process,
Good Luck for all

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Any update for the list below, please?

a4amit
EhabHassaneen
nirav277
shubra04
sharonroselevykristina
Mos
aghajanyanaren@gmail.com
rhlkhatri
Bhadduki
RedEmotions
Sinp.canada
APL
Gemma
FDS87
Ikemayowa
ggumber
Zook
Tanmaya
TheGreatHope876
infidel
vd1234
lionel_messi
#RA#
arcbr
handsome_zombie
akk333999
hpatel4
virat.kohli
av.citizen
tanvir
Sunil JZ
MMtuer
perfectSkilledMigrant
prcand
nrc1978
f1johann
sonny_saa
mohammad m
lin.123
amaljohan
pathfinder11
JZPASSI
Prem.
vancity0012
THRED
opindersinghbuttar
dell.david
sandip13
FSW Inland
Sam_86
Express Canada

JZPASSI

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Doc's Request.
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
29-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-02-2017
Guys,
Don't know it is good news or Not. As from first day I was aware that my application has gone to Pretoria due to system issue and they were sitting on it and was my app was waiting in queue. Today I called cic and confirmed that in Jul, Pretoria sent my application back to India as it was assigned wrongly. Not sure, how much time it will take now. Can anybody tell, if I can contact Delhi office by phone. If yes, what is the number .

They messed up my six months. Now I am sitting in Australia on one year assignment. Even if PR comes, not sure if I can make it to Canada.

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I would like to let you know my timeline:

FSW outland
CRS: 450
NOC: 2173
ITA: 2 Oct, 2015
Submitted: 15 Nov, 2015
AOR: 15 Nov, 2015
Meds passed: 18 Nov, 2015
Schedule 1 request: 25 Jan, 2016 (+original PCC)
RPRF request: 2 Feb, 2016
Background check went In progress: 19 Feb, 2016

Until this point I was receiving all emails and notifications to my primary email but PPR was sent to my non-accompanying husband's email that we didn't think to check regularly (he doesn't use it for work). So, it turned out I've received PPR of Feb 22 and found out about it only on August. There was no notification in MyCIC either. I sent two case-specific inquiries after I crossed 6 months and each time they told me the case is still under process and never told me that they are waiting for my passport! (I asked about this on the forum and someone else told me that he also received his PPR on his university email that was not even listed in app! So my word of advice: check carefully all your emails!)

Passport submitted: 9 Aug, 2016
Case approved and closed: 16 Aug, 2016
Passport and COPR received: 22 Aug, 2016
Going to land on Sept 3, 2016

To those who are still waiting: do not lose hope and check ALL your emails carefully.

manvin

Jun 15, 2015
Washington DC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
13-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
Hello all
I would like to share my soft landing experience in Toronto on 24th September 2016 from USA (We live there). Hope it helps

EMIGRATION COUNTER
After landing with my wife, we were directed to the emigration counter where I handed over the emigration form to the officer. I was asked what is my purpose of this trip , so I answered I am a landing immigrant. After entering some information on their system and marking the emigration form with pink marker we were directed to a separate counter. There was hardly 20 people in the queue. When my turn came, I went to the counter and was greeted by the officer with a warm smile and “Welcome to Canada” , also a “congrats on becoming a PR” . I was asked for provincial (PEI) address where I will be staying, which I replied that I am just doing my landing procedure in Toronto and I will be returning to USA very next day. He didn’t seem happy about it and asked me why I am not moving permanently. I said my wife is pregnant and her doctor is in US, so we want to be close to her doctor until her delivery. Then he smiled and said, yes that’s a good thing to do to be close to the doctor. Then he gave me a class on procedures about how to sponsor the baby later and advised me to deliver the baby in Canada if it is possible even though the process to sponsor the baby is very quick n speedy. Address we gave to deliver the PR cards was of a friend in Manitoba. He wanted to know how I am gonna collect the PR cards if I am leaving the very next day. I replied that I have two options, one is to get a temporary visa to come and collect the cards, second was to mail the cards to my US address from Manitoba. He said, they wont encourage to mail the cards since it is an important document so told me to come and get it once it is issued or let the friend come and give it to me since its only 1.40 hr flight. I said ok I will do that and he welcomed me again to Canada and wished me a good night.

CUSTOMS COUNTER
When I handed over the customs declaration form, I had some gold ornaments and stuff written on it. Goods were generalized on form , like “ Kitchen utensils”, “Clothes’, Home appliances”, “gold bangles – 6 nos” etc. Officer wanted to have specific details on every category and photos of every jewellery. I said I don’t have that kind of information. Then he asked that, “ You declares just clothes and what if you bring a container of clothes?” for which I replied “I cannot get a container of clothes for 350 USD and for every category in that form there is a value written so I assumed it will work” . He just smiled and said “Ok”. Stamped the form and asked me to get a receipt from another counter.

We were done!

Note: Be more specific on Jewellery if you are declaring any, keep photos. Some officers may not ask, but some do. Even if you don’t have pics, be ready to give a good answer. All officers are very friendly and polite, so be the same and it will all go well.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Good info and detail @manvin. Congrats on becoming PR +1

vish2086

Apr 21, 2016
What is the max cabin baggage size (L*W*H) that is allowed in check in for travelers from India to Canada. Looking for airline carrier with reasonable fares and who allow more baggage.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
vish2086 said:
What is the max cabin baggage size (L*W*H) that is allowed in check in for travelers from India to Canada. Looking for airline carrier with reasonable fares and who allow more baggage.
Depends on your class and the airline. More often than not, just look for IATA standard luggage, and you should be good.

girlgoneinternational

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
9-3-2017
vish2086 said:

Jet airways and British airways allows maximum luggage allowance of 2 bags of 23 kegs ,cabin baggage of 8 kgs And a small handbag and a laptop bag allowed too

Jul 25, 2018
Dear All,

I have received my ITA in the July 11th draw with a score of 478 when I mentioned that I have a non-accompanying spouse. But later my spouse changed his mind about coming along to make the processes simpler while its done together. So when I re-calculated the score it came to a 444 while the cut- off was 442 in that draw.

On applying for his PCC with the given ITA, the passport officials rejected his PCC since his name wasn't a part of the EE application & was not in the ITA.. Even after trying to explain it to them clearly that the data was edited in the detailed ITA, they were unable to understand that I can proceed with the given ITA if the scores was above the cut- off limit.

Please suggest if I should decline my ITA & re-apply or are there other ways to convince the officials ?
a) by declining will it be a black mark in the later process?
b) if I decline can I immediately re-apply?
c) are there any other solutions?