+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in July, 2015...Guys lets get togeather!!

mechanical95

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-July-15
Doc's Request.
24-July-15 & 5-Aug-15
AOR Received.
17-July-15
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
May 15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Nov 15
VISA ISSUED...
8-Dec 15
LANDED..........
27-May-16
anarsoul said:
Your understanding is right, but those who have PNP nomination are usually processed faster than plain FSW.
Folks!
I am FSW PNP Outland and my BG is in progress for the past three weeks. After that no updates! :-X

Havsauthority

Sep 14, 2015
rainman400 said:
Status updated: Decision made O_O
Rainman, Congratulations.. just so that I read it correct - you are FSW outland (can you tell which country you from?)
I believe you would be the first one from FSW outland to get the decision made..
My timeline is similar to yours, I think I should start expecting something soon.. *anxious* >

26 JUN - ITA (FSW OUTLAND, USA)
9 JUL - Submission + AOR
15 JUL - Medicals passed
30 OCT - BG in progress

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Havsauthority said:
Rainman, Congratulations.. just so that I read it correct - you are FSW outland (can you tell which country you from?)
I believe you would be the first one from FSW outland to get the decision made..
My timeline is similar to yours, I think I should start expecting something soon.. *anxious* >

26 JUN - ITA (FSW OUTLAND, USA)
9 JUL - Submission + AOR
15 JUL - Medicals passed
30 OCT - BG in progress
does your ECAS say anything? i didnt get an email i just randomly checked. Honestly, I am a bit tense becuase it happened way too soon i feel, no?

Havsauthority

Sep 14, 2015
I think I have seen cases when decision made happens within a week after background check goes in process, so although it is too early but it might be a good news :)

My ECAS still says In Process... I will be completing 4 months on this 9th..

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
rainman400 said:
does your ECAS say anything? i didnt get an email i just randomly checked. Honestly, I am a bit tense becuase it happened way too soon i feel, no?
Yes it is fast, however, not abnormally fast. I heard cases like this, people got DM 2 or 3 days after BG went into process -- they got ppr at last.
Congratualation in advance! Looks to me all the wait is finally panning out~! :)

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
let me share my experience at Coutts Border - I arrived at 10:35am it was busy - over all it was a pleasant experience, I drove to the border since I have US visa I informed immigration officer (US side) that I'm here for my landing however I want to do some shopping from duty free they give me 6 months entry in US , they charged me 6US$ at border which is strange, anyways I went spend 15 minutes in US , bought stuff from US duty free came back to do my landing at Canada Border simply 20 minutes of waiting once you give your documents at window- immigration officer told me to park my car and come inside the lobby , but in car queue it was 45 minutes just to reach to the window ,my name was called went upto the counter immigration officer ask me to give him my current work permit , verified my residence address in Canada and ask me to sign the documents (both copies of my CoPR) and then he return one copy of CoPR with my passport to me with congrates that now I am permanent resident of Canada. Handed me a paper which tells you when and how you will get your PR card, information for new comers in Canada .

I wish you all the best. here is my time line'

I'm inland cec
App submitted 17 July
Dm on 10 September
Ppr received on 13 October
Pp sent on 13 October
Pp received at cpc Ottawa on 16 October
Application approved and closed 23 October
Return tracker activated - 23 October
CoPR and passport received on 26 October
Landed on 31 October @ Coutts Border

j22xiong

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
To put a final remark about my PR application journey:

ITA Received: 10 JUL 2015
MEDICAL DONE: 17 JUL 2015
E-APR Submitted: 30 JUL 2015
1st AOR: 30 JUL 2015
ECAS Received: 31 JUL 2015
ECAS In-process: 31 JUL 2015
Medical Passed: 10 AUG 2015
BG in progress: 10 AUG 2015
ECAS DM: 17 SEP 2015
PPR: 06 OCT
PP sent: 07 OCT
PP arrived at OTTAWA: 09 OCT
MyCIC Approved: 23 OCT
Return tracking activated: 26 OCT
PP Rcv'd: 28 OCT
Landed: 31 OCT

3 months!

Landing impression:
I'm based in martitimes. Drove to border at St Stephen, New Brunswick. Absolutely no line up, on my way to border there was literally only me on the highway for the last 100 km. First went to US customs and received white refusal paper. Then turned back to Canada customs, parked the car and got into the hall of border agency. No one else except me and a few officers. Handed over my passport, US refusal paper, CoPR. Waited 15 min and that's like "Welcome to Canada"

Cheers everyone, you're on your way to Canada.

AcerSaccharum

Jul 22, 2015
Thank you so much mmiirr168!!! My fingers are crossed for both of us!! :D :D
I have 16 days left on my current visa and no updates after my ghost email on 28 October. Staying positive!!! ;)

rockypoint

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
PEI - Charlottetown
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the update j22xiong .
I was planning to land in St Stephen, New Brunswick (if i ever get PPR); as its closer to PEI; but was a bit nervous since i haven't seen anybody report their experience from there yet.
Congratulations

LorraineCon

Apr 9, 2015
Hi All

Decision Made September 30th still no PPR, getting worried now as current visa expires November 24th!!

Should i apply for bridging visa even though i don't have 2nd AOR.

Thanks

AcerSaccharum

Jul 22, 2015
LorraineCon: I feel you - mine expires November 18 :'( I didn't apply for BOWP because I didn't have the second letter and didn't want to pay the extra money when the current wait times exceed the total expected PR processing times for me, and I don't think an employer would be comfortable with a worker who's not a resident and a work permit 'in process' anyway. I've applied for a temporary resident visa which allows me to stay in Canada as a visitor but I cannot work. Details I got from CIC:

Extending your Stay in Canada as a Visitor

If your status is still valid and you want to stay longer in Canada as a visitor:

You must apply online through the Apply online for a visa, study or work permit page on our website; or
You must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, before your current status expires. The application is available on our website.
You can stay in Canada legally until you receive the decision, even if your current status expires before then.
Visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application.

You must apply to extend your stay even if you want to stay in Canada one day longer than your authorized stay.

Links: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5708E.PDF

LorraineCon

Apr 9, 2015
AcerSaccharum said:
LorraineCon: I feel you - mine expires November 18 :'( I didn't apply for BOWP because I didn't have the second letter and didn't want to pay the extra money when the current wait times exceed the total expected PR processing times for me, and I don't think an employer would be comfortable with a worker who's not a resident and a work permit 'in process' anyway. I've applied for a temporary resident visa which allows me to stay in Canada as a visitor but I cannot work. Details I got from CIC:

Extending your Stay in Canada as a Visitor

If your status is still valid and you want to stay longer in Canada as a visitor:

You must apply online through the Apply online for a visa, study or work permit page on our website; or
You must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, before your current status expires. The application is available on our website.
You can stay in Canada legally until you receive the decision, even if your current status expires before then.
Visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application.

You must apply to extend your stay even if you want to stay in Canada one day longer than your authorized stay.

Links: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5708E.PDF
Hi

I did apply for a work extension before when I was waiting for PNP to come through and when i finally got PNP and went to the border and i showed them all my paperwork they where ok with me being on implied status. I seen a few other people said that their solicitors had applied for BOWP without the 2nd AOR!! I don' really want to pay the money either but it is better to pay it and then i can continue working my job are ok with me being on implied status for a few weeks!!!

rickyfaneite

Dec 4, 2014
Just got Updated on my profile and there was no update and then it went back to Submitted. This usually happens before a big update.

AOR Jul 17

LorraineCon

Apr 9, 2015
Hi All

Just gave CIC a call as we had decision made on September 30th but no PPR. Apparantley they had our email address incorrect and have been sending emails from October 1st onwards to the incorrect email address they had left out one letter in my name, they said it was a clerical error and lucky we called as our application would of been cancelled as we hadn't sent on the information they requested. They are going to send it on now so hopefully will get something later on today!!!!