+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2018

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hello, Is there anyone here who is yet to receive PPR email and still stuck in IP2 also crossed the 6 month mark? Anyone here knows if he/she is under security screening? An agent told me over the call that everyone goes through it but I don't understand how it can be completed in just 1-2 days after moving to IP2 as I have seen many applicants recently. I am stuck now in IP2 since 30th July and got a ghost update on 7th August still nothing and upon talking to an agent after 7th August he said that Background check is still in progress and no time frame can be given. This is so frustrating as I will be completing the 6 month mark in two weeks.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello, Is there anyone here who is yet to receive PPR email and still stuck in IP2 also crossed the 6 month mark? Anyone here knows if he/she is under security screening? An agent told me over the call that everyone goes through it but I don't understand how it can be completed in just 1-2 days after moving to IP2 as I have seen many applicants recently. I am stuck now in IP2 since 30th July and got a ghost update on 7th August still nothing and upon talking to an agent after 7th August he said that Background check is still in progress and no time frame can be given. This is so frustrating as I will be completing the 6 month mark in two weeks.
Have you ordered gcms notes?

lateentrant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
UAE
NOC Code......
Guys! Been following this thread a while... Got a ghost update yesterday and have checked emails atleast a 100 times since!

Hope it really is PPR and not anything else :/

Reactions: zagcollins

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
How long did your IP2 lasted? And did you received any ghost update?
I went from AoR to IP1 to IP2 pretty quickly so IP2 was a little less than almost 6 months. I did get ADR in mid June though that's why my application took a little longer I think otherwise I would have gotten PPR within 3 months. No ghost update.

MOARM

Aug 23, 2017
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in February 2018 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

If you want to be added to whatsapp group, leave a request.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker
All invited.
Hi, Please add below mentioned 2 numbers in the whatsapp group. AOR 5th Feb 2018
+923237043003
+923238829702

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
If everything is passed except security and 6 months has also crossed since your R10, then chances are that you could be in SS.
Six months will complete by the end of this month. If R10 is taken into consideration then probably it will complete in 1st week of September. Whats your status?

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hi All,
What is the criteria for one to be put into security screening? Upon calling IRCC the agent told me that every applicant goes through it. But what I cannot understand is how most of the applicants clear it in 1 -2 days while rest takes more than an year. What checks are actually being performed?

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hi All,
What is the criteria for one to be put into security screening? Upon calling IRCC the agent told me that every applicant goes through it. But what I cannot understand is how most of the applicants clear it in 1 -2 days while rest takes more than an year. What checks are actually being performed?
There is no definition for what criteria/s leads someone to be placed into security screening. This area is what we (the people) are splicing together based on applicants applications since I don't believe IRCC has openly provided any guidance on this area. Since we are splicing together this area, then it may/ may not be accurate. IRCC can choose anyone to be placed in security screening. Yes, everyone is placed in "security" but I don't believe that everyone goes through "security screening" based on what I have read in these forums.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi All,
Everyone goes through Security Check... Security screening is a enhanced security check which will take some time.
It could be because of either one of these or a combination of these reasons:
country of origin, travel history, the organization/profession you have been working for, etc.

Last edited: