+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in February 2017 - Connect Here!

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Congratulations Vishalg!! Very happy for you man, you helped me personally a lot, so I owe you!

Here's hoping I join you and the others who got PPR soon! Cheers and good luck in Canada!
Thanks! Wish you all the best

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they called employer and verified the details shared in reference letter
Did it surprise you that they called your employer or could you have expected that? From what I have seen they don't do that with everyone. Just wondering what triggered them to make that call....

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Please help. I am on implied status and ircc has asked me to renew my passport and submit new one but BLS OTTAWA is denying my renewal passport request as i dont have valid permit but still i m considered implied. Help help
As far as I know BLS will not renew passport until you have a valid work permit..they are quite strict about documents. Why don't you try to contact Indian Consulate directly and let them know your urgency and they might help you. Otherwise you have not other option than extend your deadline for passport submission and then go to India for renewal there as last resort.
But I found Indian Consulate very helpful. They can also do tatkal passport if you able to convince them. Can write an email to them explaining the situation and can attach email as a proof.
Email for Toronto Consulate - passport.toronto@mea.gov.in
Ottawa Toronto Consulate - hicomind@hciottawa.ca (got this from their website)

Note - I also had a issue recently so went to Toronto Indian Consulate to get my passport renewed and they gave permission on my application and then i went to submit the application at BLS with no issue.

So you can meet the commissioner at the Consulate and take permission and I am sure it will work out. They have public meeting hours generally. Take your filled application form & photos and upporting documents ...if they agree they will put a note on application for BLS to accept it.

I hope its all sorted ! All the best

Last edited:

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Did it surprise you that they called your employer or could you have expected that? From what I have seen they don't do that with everyone. Just wondering what triggered them to make that call....
I wasn't surprised as they have done it with other applicants. Though they choose on random basis (or some other parameter that i am not aware of) but I was prepared for this. Had already informed my employer that he might receive a call, when my BG status was NA.

Gini

Mar 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I finally emailed CPC Ottowa yesterday since I have been on IP2 since May 30. I didn't really want to do it because 6 month processing time is anyhow so efficient and I don't want to send them unnecessary emails, but because I am moving soon I was hoping to get this finalized still before the move. Anyhow, here is their reply, so I guess that's good news:

Please be advised that your application has been approved and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline.

Please note that we do not require any information from you at the present time. You will be receiving instructions shortly. Regrettably, we are unable to provide you with a timeframe, but rest assured we are doing what we can to process your application in a timely fashion.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Reactions: Ca2022 and 3n4y

Canbaby

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-02-2017
I have been real quiet since I lost my login in April but didn't bother to retrieve it since there is no movement to my case...BUT
IP2 today finally!

CEC Inland
AOR - Feb 2
Medical Passed - Mar 1
IP1 - Mar1
ADR (RCMP PCC and Hong Kong PCC) - Apr 17
RCMP PCC uploaded - Apr 20
BGC N/A - Apr 24
Hong Kong PCC from Hong Kong directly to IRCC - sent May 2
Waiting and waiting...
IP2 - June 20

av

Jan 21, 2015
That's quite unusual not passing medicals even after 4+ months. Did you order GCMS notes...if not do that soon it might give an insight if file is stuck somewhere. Many Feb CEC are stuck at NA or IP1 since passing medicals but haven't come across who haven't passed medicals yet. Any chances of further testing on medicals. All the best !
I asked for GCMS notes to but nothing was there, today I called CIC and was told that my application is in Sydney, and also CIC agent told me that there is a new note made by some office today.

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wasn't surprised as they have done it with other applicants. Though they choose on random basis (or some other parameter that i am not aware of) but I was prepared for this. Had already informed my employer that he might receive a call, when my BG status was NA.
OK I see. Thanks! Wish you all the best!

Reactions: vishalg

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Congratulations to everyone who received PPR!

I am in a wired situation and want some insight from you guys:

-I received PPR email on 15th June but on 19th June, I received a MYCIC message. I checked the massage and there was a "request" letter which seems like a PPR but not exactly same as email. Does anyone else have both email and MYCIC massage like this?

-As I was going through the letter I found out there are few differences in instruction compared to PPR email I received earlier. 3 notable differences are:

1) In PPR email they said if you are from BANGLADESH send your passport to SINGAPORE through VFS but in the MYCIC letter it says:
"If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America." Now what should I do? which instruction I should follow.

2) PPR email asked me to submit APPENDIX-B (just some info about me and dependents,asking how I want my passport back) whereas MYCIC letter asked me to submit ANNEX-A (need to give a consent and current mailing address). Now what should I do? which document I should provide?

3) My wife is in Ottawa so she might have to send her passport to CPC ottawa. (still waiting for VO change email reply from them). However, the address is also different in the PPR email and MYCIC letter.

In PPR:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

In MYCIC letter:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Also there are difference in how to fillup the return envelop.

Once again which ADDRESS we should use? which instruction we should follow?

Aykay

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Tried calling CIC. The whole process was automated including my status. Anyone gotten the same response? The IVR didn't connect me to an agent at all. Gave me status of my application itself by reading out what I can see in my account myself.

Reactions: FSWO_add

Kearnixer

Dec 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IP2 since June 13th and still waiting... :( Hope we can all receive our golden email very soon!

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
I asked for GCMS notes to but nothing was there, today I called CIC and was told that my application is in Sydney, and also CIC agent told me that there is a new note made by some office today.
Maybe you will see movement on your file now. Can think about ordering another GCMS as it could also push the file and will know the type of movement you had today. Though will be a month wait. All the best !