+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR 2020 PR Applicants Timeline (Protected Person in Canada Class)

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Happy Easter to all,
I called IRCC Couple of days back, I am nov 2020 applicant, I asked for my file status he said they have received it and it is in que , and he said nowadays approximately it takes 12 months to recieve the AOR

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Hello guys I got this email today from IRCC can someone explain me if this is real or any scam? I am so happy if this is true I am January 2020 applicant

"
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you today.

Through the PR Confirmation Portal:

· You will confirm you currently live in Canada

· You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)

· You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card

· IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mail

(I don't have any dependant I erased the rest of the email )

Any thoughts guys? What's the link of that portal I have so many questions I'm in shock As well lol

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Hello guys I got this email today from IRCC can someone explain me if this is real or any scam? I am so happy if this is true I am January 2020 applicant

"
We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you today.

Through the PR Confirmation Portal:

· You will confirm you currently live in Canada

· You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)

· You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card

· IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mail

(I don't have any dependant I erased the rest of the email )

Any thoughts guys? What's the link of that portal I have so many questions I'm in shock As well lol
Congrats! That means your application is complete now even if your status online does not show that. My friend is december 2019 and he got the same message a week ago. I am January 2020 but I have not got it yet, hopefully soon.

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Congrats! That means your application is complete now even if your status online does not show that. My friend is december 2019 and he got the same message a week ago. I am January 2020 but I have not got it yet, hopefully soon.
Wow I am nov 2020 but after reading your msgs it gives the positive hope for our process too.
Can you guys please share in which category did you applied for,
I mean any special program or normal

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
Do you know what's the link for that website where I can upload the info ? Or am I supposed to receive another email with instructions?

EGYPT

Jun 6, 2020
Received my AOR today ( April 29, 2020 applicant)

Dear XXXXXX
Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are sending you this letter to let you know that your application for permanent residence has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020-04-29.
Application received
We confirm that your application is received and in queue for review. No information or action is required from you at this time. Please note that this letter does not confirm your application is in process.

Temporary application number
We provided you with a temporary application number if you need to contact us regarding your application. This application number is temporary and will no longer be valid once processing begins. You cannot link a paper application to your online account using a temporary number.

Next steps
We will assess your application to ensure it is complete, and provide you with a permanent application number.

Processing times
You may visit our processing times page to find out how long it may take to process your application. Please note that, given the high volume of inquiries submitted to IRCC offices, status updates on cases are not normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in the IRCC website

When should I contact IRCC? You must let us know via the IRCC Webform if there are changes to your application:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
 Change of contact information such as e-mail address, mailing address, or telephone number
 You appoint or change an immigration representative or designated individual
 You decide to withdraw your application
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
canada.ca/immigration

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
Received my AOR today ( 07-Aug 2020 applicant)

Dear XXXXXX
Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are sending you this letter to let you know that your application for permanent residence has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 07-Aug-2020
Application received
We confirm that your application is received and in queue for review. No information or action is required from you at this time. Please note that this letter does not confirm your application is in process.

We provided you with a temporary application number if you need to contact us regarding your application. This application number is temporary and will no longer be valid once processing begins. You cannot link a paper application to your online account using a temporary number.

Next steps
We will assess your application to ensure it is complete, and provide you with a permanent application number.

Reactions: Unicornicaaa

Amourcanada

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Received my AOR today ( 07-Aug 2020 applicant)

Dear XXXXXX
Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are sending you this letter to let you know that your application for permanent residence has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 07-Aug-2020
Application received

Next steps