+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR 2020 PR Applicants Timeline (Protected Person in Canada Class)

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
IDK, it just says they are reviewing eligibility and background check. The bar shows 31%
My processing started in Dec 2021 too. I didn’t connect my account online i just check ECAS. If everything is ok, then it might me june or july

Do you have dependants? Are you in a pilot program?

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
It should be very fast, there is no reason for the progress bar to be updated, if there is no spouse, it should be very fast, because we did the background check when we applied!

Reactions: Adnan123

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Reactions: Adnan123

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
Dear Fellows & @scylla @Simba112 @farsxp @canuck78

I need your help "Me and my family applied PR as in Canada protected person class" and today I received a letter from Immigration and they required Valid passports of me and my spouse but not for kids.

They send me following:

Valid passport or travel document. All persons seeking permanent resident
status in Canada must provide a valid passport or travel document issued by the Country of
Citizenship in order to become a permanent resident. Please submit a photocopy of your valid
passport or travel document to this office. If you are not in possession of a valid passport or
travel document, you should apply for one and send us a photocopy as soon as possible.

My passport is expired but my spouse has valid passport but in possession of CBSA since I applied as refugee, as per my information we can not renew our passports as we took protection from our country of citizen.

Do they need passports from everyone applied under protected person class?

kindly help me in this regard what should I do in this regard.

Thanks

Last edited:

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
Dear Fellows

I need your help "Me and my family applied PR as in Canada protected person class" and today I received a letter from Immigration and they required Valid passports of me and my spouse but not for kids.

They send me following:

Valid passport or travel document. All persons seeking permanent resident
status in Canada must provide a valid passport or travel document issued by the Country of
Citizenship in order to become a permanent resident. Please submit a photocopy of your valid
passport or travel document to this office. If you are not in possession of a valid passport or
travel document, you should apply for one and send us a photocopy as soon as possible.

My passport is expired but my spouse has valid passport but in possession of CBSA since I applied as refugee, as per my information we can not renew our passports as we took protection from our country of citizen.

Do they need passports from everyone applied under protected person class?

kindly help me in this regard what should I do in this regard.

Thanks
We should not apply for the passport of the country of origin. Even if it has expired, it does not matter if your passport has expired. ircc should have given you a copy at the beginning, which is equivalent to the role of a component! Your spouse needs a valid passport!

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
my spouse is also protected person, how can renew passport? yes we have certified copies but if we renew passports from country of origin its negative or its normal?

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
my spouse is also protected person, how can renew passport? yes we have certified copies but if we renew passports from country of origin its negative or its normal?
We should not renew the passport of the country of origin, you just submit the copy (expired) that ircc left you!

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
is anyone from february 2020 still waiting?

this is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 19, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on February 2, 2021.
  3. Medical results have been received.
did you receive a letter for medical or it was exempted and auto-updated?

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hello everyone, i thought i would start this thread in order to share with each other the timeline of receiving AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) for our PR applications which are delayed due to COVID.

I will start with myself. I mailed my PR application to Mississauga CPC in September 2020 and it was delivered in the same month according to my CanadaPost tracking number, however, i haven't received my AOR yet...
Here is my own application process and dates.

Mailed by PR application on February 20, 2021.
Application received at IRCC on February 24, 2021,
AOR from IRCC. On April 28, 2021
IRCC started processing my application on October 20, 2021.
Received my CoPR on December 22, 2021.