+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone's application got processed in Edmonton visa office?

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
It took 1 year for you to get PPR? :O were you in Security screening?
Nope.. apparently it's Edmonton ircc and most of the files there take long time to get processed. I feel blessed seeing that they completed in 10 days less than one year lol :/

praspirantak

May 7, 2019
CEC - Inland
AOR Nov 9th
MEP Dec 2nd
IP1 since Dec 2nd

Eligibility in Progress
Background Check not started
Security not started

VO: Edmonton

How are things with Edmonton recently friends.. I know they are reputed for their slow processing.. Hope things getting better..

Last edited:

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,
My info: AOR: 29 Sep 2019
MED: 25 Oct
BGC: processing

No update after 24th of October and my case in in CPC Edmonton.

Today is 78 days and still no updates. Does anyone have an idea how long does it take to receive PR in Edmonton office?

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Current office: Edmonton.
AOR: October 16
MP: November 12
RPRF Request: November 20th
RPRF Paid: November 25th

R10: Passed
Background check: In progress
Eligibility: In progress
Criminality: In Progress

I spoke to an agent last week who said that my eligibility and background check hadn't started then, so I guess I'm making some progress? Either way, the CIC representative I spoke to said that all is looking good so far and anticipated that it'll be completed in February. But knowing how slow Edmonton is...Fingers crossed!
Hello Nancy,

My VO is Edmonton and my AOR was 29th of Sept 2019 and so far the only update I have got, they asked for ADR and MED passed. I called them yesterday and they said eligibility, criminality and background check is in progress. Do you think I will get my PPR around February as it seems my case is similar to yours in terms of progress? Please update my of your case. Thank you,

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019

Hello,

ITA received : 17 April, 2019
AOR : June 17 , 2019.
BG update happened 4 times :
First " we dont need your BG , we will let you know if needed. "
Second : NA
Thrid : You application is in progress, we will let know you know once we start your BG
Currently : My File is with VO Edmonton.

Since July 24 last update : My profile looks like this ,

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
  • July 23, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any Idea , how long it will take to triggered PPR request or Interview request. ?

Any update? my application looks like yours. did you get PPR?

Prajish

Mar 22, 2018
AOR: Aug 15
MP: Sep 6
Spouse added: Oct 20
ADR: Dec 3

I spoke to and agent and got to know that my spouse is not yet added to the application.

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
wow. so long. Can I know your nationality if you do not mind?
Nigerian but I believe it had nothing to do with my nationality. My file was not touched since September 2018. It was opened sometime in October 2019 when I received a ghost update.(eligibility changed from recommended pass to Review required). When I received my GCMS notes some weeks ago I noticed it wasnt even updated by the visa officer cos there was no notes from the visa officer on why it was changed. The update was made by SAdmin. I believe getting the remedical request was the 1st time since July 22nd, 2018 that a visa officer picked up my file.

Areddy12

Oct 1, 2019

Hello,

ITA received : 17 April, 2019
AOR : June 17 , 2019.
BG update happened 4 times :
First " we dont need your BG , we will let you know if needed. "
Second : NA
Thrid : You application is in progress, we will let know you know once we start your BG
Currently : My File is with VO Edmonton.

Since July 24 last update : My profile looks like this ,

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
  • July 23, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any Idea , how long it will take to triggered PPR request or Interview request. ?
Hi, my AOR Mar 14. I didn't receive the Biometrics request Yet. That makes me worry a lot about the timeline.
Did you receive PPR? When did you receive your biometrics request?

Prajish

Mar 22, 2018
AOR: Aug 15
MP: Sep 6
Spouse added: Oct 20
ADR: Dec 3

I spoke to and agent and got to know that my spouse is not yet added to the application.
My spouse got added to my application on 24th Dec. But no further updates. I hope PPR are will come soon, maybe in Feb 2020. Fingers crossed.

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
CEC - Inland
AOR Nov 9th
MEP Dec 2nd
IP1 since Dec 2nd

Eligibility in Progress
Security not started

How are things with Edmonton recently friends.. I know they are reputed for their slow processing.. Hope things getting better..
My application also in the same time line:
AOR: Nov 27th
MEP: Dec 12th

Eligibility in Progress
Security not started

Did you get any updates?

nancystr

May 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
10-16-2019
AOR Received.
10-16-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Hello Nancy,

My VO is Edmonton and my AOR was 29th of Sept 2019 and so far the only update I have got, they asked for ADR and MED passed. I called them yesterday and they said eligibility, criminality and background check is in progress. Do you think I will get my PPR around February as it seems my case is similar to yours in terms of progress? Please update my of your case. Thank you,
I'm not sure, all I know is what the officer on the phone said... and he could've been wrong. I haven't heard a single thing since my RPRF request in November. Fingers crossed we both get PR quickly! :)

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
I'm not sure, all I know is what the officer on the phone said... and he could've been wrong. I haven't heard a single thing since my RPRF request in November. Fingers crossed we both get PR quickly! :)
Thank you. I hope everything will be done quickly.

Clindamycin

Jul 30, 2019
Hi everyone,
Based on suggestion by fellow forum members, had called up IRCC to find out my application status and VO.
My CPC is Edmonton.
The agent told me that Background check is in process and the eligibility has not started yet.
AOR - September 22, 2019
MEP - October 16,2019
NO Biometrics request
How long will take ?? I am extremely worried that my eligibilty has not even started yet. Moreover, the CPC Edmonton office is very slow.