+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone want to join a thread for people applying in the near future?

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
missmatalini said:
Don't feel bad about procrastinating (Not that it is a good habit but I procrastinated too!)

Hubby and I got married in October of 2013, and our application was SUPPOSED to go out in November and it ended up not going out until February. We now have AOR and SA and are crossing our fingers for a quick process.

It took me almost 8 months to get EVERYTHING filled out and set together to go out because I started way before we were married.

Good luck to all of you as you finish getting things in order!
Yay! Good luck!!!

kcorbin said:
I visited Canada twice last year for a month each but I wasnt that self-conscious yet about the questioning. I guess I'm more nervous now because I know I'll be visiting for an extended stay. XD The first time, the agent asked me the usual questions and I said I was visiting my boyfriend. Then he asked me how long will I stay there, how long have we been together, where did we meet, where I'll be staying. On the 2nd visit, I simply answered "To visit family" LOL! :p I mean, I view him as family already. he didnt ask more questions aside from how long is my visit. But he didnt stamp my passport! I'm not sure what that means though.

I would actually prefer to NOT get a return ticket anymore since I'm not sure if they do refund it. :p Last time I visited, my stay was orignally just 3 weeks but we decided to extend by a week. Goodbye $200! I hate rebooking fees! But I'm doing it to make me less nervous about crossing the border. Lol!

As for the fees, I was also paranoid about that since we're not yet married and we're still completing our forms. It did say on the website to be sure that the forms have been completed before paying the fees. But somebody told me its okay to pay the fees ahead of time coz it shows that we're serious to apply. So I went ahead and paid it! And you need to pay the fees upon completing since you need attach the receipt to the application package that you'll be sending in.

You're lucky you didnt get any trouble at the border given that you have not so solid ties to the US. =) I'm keeping my fingers cross so I'll keep my lucky streak. I've read terrible experiences of other users with crossing the border. So it really amounts to the mood and personality of the agent... T_T

I believe you wont get denied if you apply for extension, especially if you have a PR application in process. At least, that's what I've been reading about. I'm not sure about this but *I think* you can go to the border to ask for a visitor extension? So you dont have to pay the $75 fee online.

What do you usually do during your extended stay in Canada? I mean, its a loooong time to be unemployed. :p What keeps you busy?
They don't have to stamp your passport. The second time I came over I didn't have mine stamped either. Not a big deal.

How would they even know you hadn't completed the forms? lol Maybe I'll look into paying those soon depending how much I can get done in the next couple weeks!

Yeah I've read that as well. I don't think they'll deny my extension and that would be great cause I would just have to cross the border once I am landing.

Hahahah well I spend time with my husband, take care and play with our cats, and practice my photography. I don't do much but that's just the type of person I am. Although I am going a liiiittle stir crazy.

shadow_0716

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-JUN-14
AOR Received.
20-AUG-14 ->SA
File Transfer...
01-SEP-14
Med's Done....
11-MAY-14
Passport Req..
05-MAR-15 In Process......:22-JAN-15
VISA ISSUED...
CEM's call to inform option for PP delivery: 14-APR-15****DM: 16-APR-15***VOH:17-APR-15
LANDED..........
22-APR-2015
Hi Guys,

Regarding the fees, is this the correct fees to be paid?
Sponsorship application $75
Principal applicant $475
RPRF $490
Total: $1040

Is it really required to pay all this upon submission of the application?

Thanks

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
MAY 26, 2014 <br>AOR2 Received: SEP 9, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SEP 24, 2014 <br>Decision Made: OCT 13, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
I'm in for the thread, I just sent my application in and it was received according to the courier on April 2nd.

With any luck when I get SA it will go quickly through the Beijing office.

I am a Canadian citizen by birth and both my wife and I live in Beijing we have been living together for 3 years and married for 5 months.

I hope to be home for Christmas but to be honest I am worried about reading all these apps with 400 photos and 1000 emails. I didn't have that stuff. I sent 20 photos, 3 letters, the airplane stubs we saved over the years and my bank statements, as well as all the requested documents.

My wife has in the past received visas to accompany me to Canada, the USA, and Mexico in last years and all my family did come to china for our wedding (shown in photos). So hopefully that helps too.

I guess I will see. Since we live in Beijing, I'm not worried about an interview as we could go any day of the week. it would probably be easier to explain our life at and interview anyway.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
shadow_0716 said:
Hi Guys,

Principal applicant $475
RPRF $490

Thanks
Yup, that's what I paid! Lol

uskyoot

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
File Transfer...
07-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
CORP received 5/8/2014 Landed 30/08/2014
Hi everyone....My U.S. husband and I hope to submit our Outland application by the end of the month. We are still waiting for letters from friends and family confirming our intent to relocate to Canada once my husband receives his approval. Do these letters need to be originals? Mail is so slow from Canada to Tennessee, or can we have them emailed to us

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
Kysorb said:
I'm in for the thread, I just sent my application in and it was received according to the courier on April 2nd.

With any luck when I get SA it will go quickly through the Beijing office.

I am a Canadian citizen by birth and Both my wife and I live in Beijing we have been living together for 3 years and married for 5 months.I hope to be home for Christmas but to be honest I am worried about reading all these apps with 400 photos and 1000 emails. I didn't have that stuff. I sent 20 photos, 3 letters, airplane stubs we saved over the years and my bank statements, as well as all the requested documents. My wife has in the past received visas to accompany me to Canada, the USA, and Mexico in last years and all my family did come to china for our wedding (shown in photos).

I guess I will see, since her and I live in Beijing I m not worried about an interview as we could go any day of the week.
Welcome! Wish I could help but I'm not sure about the Beijing requirements. Hopefully a senior can help!

uskyoot said:
Hi everyone....My U.S. husband and I hope to submit our Outland application by the end of the month. We are still waiting for letters from friends and family confirming our intent to relocate to Canada once my husband receives his approval. Do these letters need to be originals? Mail is so slow from Canada to Tennessee, or can we have them emailed to us
Welcome to the thread! ^_^ I believe they can just type you a letter. This is what someone else told me. They don't have to be handwritten.

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
shadow_0716 said:
Hi Guys,

Principal applicant $475
RPRF $490

Thanks
I don't think you need to pay the RPRF up front but I think almost everyone does because if you don't pay you are going to need to pay some time and honestly when that time comes its probably going to cause a delay in your processing, The phrase time is money is wrong for immigration fees...It's more like money is time.....

uskyoot

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
File Transfer...
07-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
lleahdoll said:
Welcome! Wish I could help but I'm not sure about the Beijing requirements. Hopefully a senior can help!

Welcome to the thread! ^_^ I believe they can just type you a letter. This is what someone else told me. They don't have to be handwritten.
Thanks, I was wondering if they have to have the original signature....or is an emailed one OK

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
uskyoot said:
Thanks, I was wondering if they have to have the original signature....or is an emailed one OK

I don't know the correct answer to your question, but I can tell you I sent some original's and some printed scans for letters from friends and families. What I would suggest is important is contact information on the letters such as phone #'s, emails, and that the letter be dated.

uskyoot

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
File Transfer...
07-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
ARGHHHH We were in Canada and we forgot to get my husbands photos done. We are having an awful time finding someone in the U.S. that can do them the proper size.....any suggestions

Thanks

shadow_0716

Jan 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-JUN-14
AOR Received.
20-AUG-14 ->SA
File Transfer...
01-SEP-14
Med's Done....
11-MAY-14
Passport Req..
05-MAR-15 In Process......:22-JAN-15
VISA ISSUED...
CEM's call to inform option for PP delivery: 14-APR-15****DM: 16-APR-15***VOH:17-APR-15
LANDED..........
22-APR-2015
Kysorb said:
I don't think you need to pay the RPRF up front but I think almost everyone does because if you don't pay you are going to need to pay some time and honestly when that time comes its probably going to cause a delay in your processing, The phrase time is money is wrong for immigration fees...It's more like money is time.....
Thanks Kysorb :)

loni12

Apr 7, 2014
I'd love to join this conversation, as I feel pretty much completely lost. We're getting married in August or September and applying as soon after that as we can. The big question I have is, if we apply inland and my work visa expires before we hear, am I allowed to stay in Canada? I'm from the US.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
loni12 said:
I'd love to join this conversation, as I feel pretty much completely lost. We're getting married in August or September and applying as soon after that as we can. The big question I have is, if we apply inland and my work visa expires before we hear, am I allowed to stay in Canada? I'm from the US.
You are welcome to join!! Congrats on the marriage! It's good you are already thinking about everything. I regret procrastinating! Just adds more stress to this process.
I would suggest applying outland (shorter times) in case you can't get another work permit. But I'm not an expert on inland because I'm applying outland. I'm not sure if applying inland means you can just stay with no visa. I think you have to legal status of some sort though (like a trv, work visa, student visa, etc). Hopefully someone else can chime in. :)

loni12

Apr 7, 2014
lleahdoll said:
I would suggest applying outland (shorter times) in case you can't get another work permit. But I'm not an expert on inland because I'm applying outland. I'm not sure if applying inland means you can just stay with no visa. I think you have to legal status of some sort though (like a trv, work visa, student visa, etc). Hopefully someone else can chime in. :)
Currently they list the wait time for the New York visa office at 30 months. Everything I've read on inland says half that, at worst. I might be missing something important however.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
uskyoot said:
ARGHHHH We were in Canada and we forgot to get my husbands photos done. We are having an awful time finding someone in the U.S. that can do them the proper size.....any suggestions

Thanks
Are you serious? That sucks. My husband had his photos taken in Costa Rica and we didnt have too much trouble finding someone to do it.

Is there a VAC anywhere near where you are? What about an embassy? I know they take pictures inside the VACs, and the embassy should at least know where you can go.