+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone want to join a thread for people applying in the near future?

lovely21

Apr 26, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I am applying in abt a months time .............

I am so worried me and my husband have around 27 years of age difference ,our families did not attend our wedding only friends.

What all should I work on to prove genuine relationship ............

Also can someone help me fill up the forms I am so confused ............

Please........

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
Where are you applying from?

Are you applying in land or outland?

Make sure you show as much correspondence between you and your hubby as possible. (Emails, letters, call logs, texts, phone bills or photos) my husband and I had been living together so I couldn't show any of this.
Do you have pictures from your wedding?
Can you get the friends that attended and know you and your spouse to write letters saying they know you both and support you?
Do you have gifts you have sent each other?
Travel tickets to see one another
Any type of interaction.

Your age will not matter as long as you two are together for the right reasons. If you have evidence they won't care about the age difference. Make sure you explain WHY your families were not present. Remember above ALL else, be honest. Lies can easily be caught and then even if it is something stupid you are screwed.
Only my parents were present at my husbands and I's wedding. It was last minute and we didn't invite anyone else haha

I'm sure you will be fine :)
Make sure you triple check you included everything,signed it all and answered every question correctly. Also make sure there is not a new form. (They updated the forms in May or something and we started our app in April. So we had to re do a couple) better to catch that now and re do the form then have your application wait for the new form and freeze for weeks.

PM me if you have more questions :)

northern ice

Jan 21, 2015
I will be applying in a few months time. It will be an outland application. I am a Canadian and living in Canada. My wife of 4 years is Dominican and residing there. We are currently putting all the info together, and I must say it's incredible all the help we have received from these forums.

Originally, we thought about using an immigration lawyer, but after perusing the application process, we have decided to try it ourselves with the guidance from forums like this one. I think this particular idea of a thread for people going through the process and their successes and failures will be invaluable. Hopefully we can contribute as well. Good luck to everyone

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
A wonderful thread to join. I am going to India next month to get married on the Valentine day. I have already filled forms for me and my wife from India and we are gathering required documents. This thread has been useful. I plan to submit application (outland) in the first week of March immediately on my return to Canada.