Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
So I need to officially write something? Because I will be staying with friends too. What should it entail?
Did you submit a self-isolation plan to your DLI? I had to because it was required

Tavia

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
No but they sent me options for isolation. It wasn't anything specific. It stated places I could use or a friend or family member.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
No but they sent me options for isolation. It wasn't anything specific. It stated places I could use or a friend or family member.
It is better to let uni know what your plan is and ask them for some sort of agreement that they approve it

Fabi1309

Oct 17, 2020
That'll be very helpful! Hope everything goes smoothly. Good luck!
Good luck to you! I'm also traveling in a little more than a week. When are you flying out, if you don't mind me asking? What food did you bring in a luggage to last for the self-isolation duration?
Thank you guys! :)

Well, let's say it's 3:30AM currently and I am going to be on my way to the airport soon!

Muhonzajudy

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Hi guys, i just got to Vancouver and the process was very smooth. The officer only asked for my passport and letter of introduction and when I was giving him my other documents he said no need. I completed the ArriveCAN form and that was about it. I waited 5 mins and he came out with my student permit and he didn’t look at any other letter or proof of funds. Hope this helps. Btw my classes were online as well
Hey
How were you able to secure a place to quarantine in Vancouver? Having a hard time

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi guys, we don't have a travel exemption letter and are a bit scared to ask for one in case for some reason it gets rejected. Also, the wait time for the exemption letter will also be around 20 days.

We are planning to travel without an exemption letter as my husband has secured a job with a date of joining around mid December.

Since he has a LOE and valid full time and permanent job offer, we think he would be exempt as per IRCC guidelines. Please advise!

Thanks a ton! This forum is a huge help during this stressful situation.

Reactions: janesama

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi guys, we don't have a travel exemption letter and are a bit scared to ask for one in case for some reason it gets rejected. Also, the wait time for the exemption letter will also be around 20 days.

We are planning to travel without an exemption letter as my husband has secured a job with a date of joining around mid December.

Since he has a LOE and valid full time and permanent job offer, we think he would be exempt as per IRCC guidelines. Please advise!

You are right! I hope it will all go well, when are you traveling?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
I submitted the plan to my college, they accepted it and gave a letter saying my quarantine plan is approved, I also showed my quarantine plan through ArriveCAN
Hi Sadia6, do you just upload a pdf of your quarantine plan to ArriveCan app?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
So I need to officially write something? Because I will be staying with friends too. What should it entail?
Yes you need a quarantine plan and my daughter's is 4 pages long. It took quite a bit of writing, it includes transport, housing, food, health, costs. If you are going to quarantine with friends, you need need to write who far away you'll be from friends or if they are going to quarantine with you.

Lilohan

Oct 26, 2020

Hi, I have a similar situation though I requested the exemption letter already. Could you please tell more about your husband's LOE and valid full time job offer? Is it a simple job offer letter from an employer? Did he sign a contract or something? My wife was approved for OWP as well and as far as I know, they don't require LMIA or other specific documents to get a job, so I wonder if the standard job offer letter for full time permanent job will be sufficient. Thank you for your help in advance!

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi, I have a similar situation though I requested the exemption letter already. Could you please tell more about your husband's LOE and valid full time job offer? Is it a simple job offer letter from an employer? Did he sign a contract or something? My wife was approved for OWP as well and as far as I know, they don't require LMIA or other specific documents to get a job, so I wonder if the standard job offer letter for full time permanent job will be sufficient. Thank you for your help in advance!
Hi there, LOE is the letter of entry which we received after visa was stamped. The offer letter is non-LMIA based offer letter for a full time, permanent position. He had numerous interviews after which they asked him to sign some bonds (regular ones like no criminal background, etc.). The employer also asked if he is planning to settle in Canada in the future. We were truthful and mentioned that our goal after a couple of years would be to apply for PR. They have issued an offer letter with salary breakups, benefits and group insurance details. They will share the onboarding details next week with specific date of onboarding. But the date of joining would be somewhere in mid December hence we are planning to buy an insurance for him for one month.

Reactions: Lilohan