+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone travelled to Canada after - DLI being listed

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi All,

I want to know if anyone has travelled to Canada after the new guidelines? Is there anyone planning to travel with their spouse?

Need information on what are the documents that are being asked for spouse to prove non discretionary travel.

Would be really helpful if people who are planning to travel soon connect. Thank you!!

Reactions: Abhimanuer

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi! I am planning to travel on November 16th with my spouse. I am curious if anyone is gonna travel before us.
To my best knowledge, if your spouse is approved at the same time as you, they will receive the exemption to travel letter in their GC Key, enabling to be exempt. In addition, you need self-isolation plan (in BC we have separate form), POE letter, LOA, and financial documents if officer will ask you for it (but it is recommended to have some). Also, you should fill in ArriveCan form either on their website or in app before landing. Just in case, I will bring with me letter of support from my institution and enrollment verification, as well as my signed lease

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi! I am planning to travel on November 16th with my spouse. I am curious if anyone is gonna travel before us.
To my best knowledge, if your spouse is approved at the same time as you, they will receive the exemption to travel letter in their GC Key, enabling to be exempt. In addition, you need self-isolation plan (in BC we have separate form), POE letter, LOA, and financial documents if officer will ask you for it (but it is recommended to have some). Also, you should fill in ArriveCan form either on their website or in app before landing. Just in case, I will bring with me letter of support from my institution and enrollment verification, as well as my signed lease
Thank you for your response! I'm also curious to know if someone will be traveling before mid of November as we are planning to travel around the 16th. :)

We haven't received any exemption letter on the GCkey account. Have you received any?

Thank you!!

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Thank you for your response! I'm also curious to know if someone will be traveling before mid of November as we are planning to travel around the 16th. :)

We haven't received any exemption letter on the GCkey account. Have you received any?

Thank you!!
Not yet, he just mailed in his passport on Friday and it is still on its way to be delivered by courier. So we’ll see what will happen after visa is stamped

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
When do we receive the POE? Does it get sent to us after the passport is returned to us with the stamp?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
When do we receive the POE? Does it get sent to us after the passport is returned to us with the stamp?
That is my guess. If we didn’t need a counterfoil, then we would have POE letter right away

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Not yet, he just mailed in his passport on Friday and it is still on its way to be delivered by courier. So we’ll see what will happen after visa is stamped
We have our visas stamped but no sight of any exemption letter. Looks like we'll have to request for it in this case.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
We have our visas stamped but no sight of any exemption letter. Looks like we'll have to request for it in this case.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-spouses-with-approved-owp-travel-to-canada-with-student-during-covid-19-restrictions.706915/#post-8935799 – she was the one who got the letter automatically. Maybe you can ask her how she got the letter and let us know here :) or invite her to contribute to this thread
The only difference though is that from what I understand, her partner is approved for WP, such as mine

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-spouses-with-approved-owp-travel-to-canada-with-student-during-covid-19-restrictions.706915/#post-8935799 – she was the one who got the letter automatically. Maybe you can ask her how she got the letter and let us know here :) or invite her to contribute to this thread
The only difference though is that from what I understand, her partner is approved for WP, such as mine
Yes will do that! Thank you
My spouse has also been approved for an open work permit and unfortunately had to let go of a job offer as the date of joining was in early November.

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Looks like they are sending push letters for OWP once the visa is stamped, provided it's applied along with the SP.

Since they are sending exemption letters without asking for one means that it might be required for boarding and entry. I'll write to ask IRCC to issue a letter to my spouse. Will update here. All the best everyone :)

Reactions: janesama

kara wang

Oct 18, 2020
Looks like they are sending push letters for OWP once the visa is stamped, provided it's applied along with the SP.

Since they are sending exemption letters without asking for one means that it might be required for boarding and entry. I'll write to ask IRCC to issue a letter to my spouse. Will update here. All the best everyone :)
Waiting for your news:)

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Bumping this topic up in order to avoid a flood of new ones in the near future

thecazgir

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Probably when people from this forum arrive in Canada do not write back here. It's impossible that no one arrived to the country by now