Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Airbnb's are acceptable for quarantine right ?
Only if host agrees and it is private accommodation. Not all hosts are okay with people quarantining (I tried to book there, but multiple hosts cancelled on me because it is for self-isolation)

Lolo19l

Sep 3, 2020
Hi! I am planning to travel on November 16th with my spouse. I am curious if anyone is gonna travel before us.
To my best knowledge, if your spouse is approved at the same time as you, they will receive the exemption to travel letter in their GC Key, enabling to be exempt. In addition, you need self-isolation plan (in BC we have separate form), POE letter, LOA, and financial documents if officer will ask you for it (but it is recommended to have some). Also, you should fill in ArriveCan form either on their website or in app before landing. Just in case, I will bring with me letter of support from my institution and enrollment verification, as well as my signed lease
Hello,
Kindly I would like to know what is written in the support letter from your institution. Does it mention that you have in person classes?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello,
Kindly I would like to know what is written in the support letter from your institution. Does it mention that you have in person classes?
Hi! It mentions my major, start date, what kind of classes I have (hybrid and online in my case), my graduation date, grade level (3rd year), and institution general info and that my program is studio-based and I'll have to use their equipment as part of my degree. They gave me a letter on September 3rd, and I will bring it just in case even though as far as I understand, this letter is no longer required.
My international studio advisor wrote it on a college-official letter blank

Adeti

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
s
Only if host agrees and it is private accommodation. Not all hosts are okay with people quarantining (I tried to book there, but multiple hosts cancelled on me because it is for self-isolation)
so i probably should contact them first ?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
s

so i probably should contact them first ?
yea, you should message host on airbnb first otherwise they'll cancel your booking

Reactions: Shamii

Lolo19l

Sep 3, 2020
Hi! It mentions my major, start date, what kind of classes I have (hybrid and online in my case), my graduation date, grade level (3rd year), and institution general info and that my program is studio-based and I'll have to use their equipment as part of my degree. They gave me a letter on September 3rd, and I will bring it just in case even though as far as I understand, this letter is no longer required.
My international studio advisor wrote it on a college-official letter blank
That is why I am asking. As far as I understand, you don't need any proof. Even if your classes are online, you can enter as long as your institution is approved. However, I read in some places that you need to have a reason.
Anyway, Wish you a safe trip and please keep us posted.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
That is why I am asking. As far as I understand, you don't need any proof. Even if you classes online, you can enter as long as your institution is approved. However, I read in some places that you need to have a reason.
Anyway, Wish you a safe trip and please keep us posted.
I guess your reason might be even just letter of enrollment, so don't chase your international advisor. However, it would be a good idea to ask whether your advisor can write you one just in case. Usually registar grants letter of enrollment upon request, so it is easy to just print out and show.
Thanks, I'll keep you guys posted! 16th is gonna be a loooong day for us

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I guess your reason might be even just letter of enrollment, so don't chase your international advisor. However, it would be a good idea to ask whether your advisor can write you one just in case. Usually registar grants letter of enrollment upon request, so it is easy to just print out and show.
Thanks, I'll keep you guys posted! 16th is gonna be a loooong day for us
Safe travels.....do let us know how it goes.

Reactions: janesama

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Bump cause it drowns in peoples happy new threads about passport request (and my travel is less than 2 weeks away)

Update
My husband and I registered in ArriveCan and completed provincial self-isolation plan (you can do those no earlier than 2 weeks before arrival). My uni is aware of our arrival. I am currently writing the plan separately just in case the officer would ask for it. We are landing in Vancouver airport and flying there from transfer in Amsterdam. We have travel exception for him and plan to show it during our first registration in Boryspil and while transferring in Amsterdam
Btw, it seems that security wait there is less than 5 min, which most likely means not a lot of people are traveling there at the moment
You have been super helpful! You seem sorted will all the plans. I'm sure all your process will be a breeze. Good luck buddy

Reactions: janesama

lalaland2020

Oct 20, 2020
As you know IRCC officer said in one of the webinars that students should travel to Canada 3 weeks before the start day of their program. Is there any updates to this rule? Do you think we can travel before 1 month?
Is that rule still in place? what if I already started my uni program in September and I have a house to quarantine in because we lived in Canada for 7 years. My courses are online but i don't that matters anymore since the new rule

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Is that rule still in place? what if I already started my uni program in September and I have a house to quarantine in because we lived in Canada for 7 years. My courses are online but i don't that matters anymore since the new rule
Classes being online is no longer a reason for denying entry... This is as per the updated ttavel restrictions announced on the 10th of Oct. As for the 3 weeks or 1 month before the start of your semester. There is no official word on this, but logically you are advised to arrived no early than 4 weeks prior to the start of your program... again - this is not official.

pramaka16

Dec 5, 2018
Hi everyone,
I and my husband are planning to travel in mid of December, with OWP & study permit respectively.
As I am travelling with OWP do I need to book return flight to show at the immigration? Kindly please help me to understand

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi everyone,
I and my husband are planning to travel in mid of December, with OWP & study permit respectively.
As I am travelling with OWP do I need to book return flight to show at the immigration? Kindly please help me to understand
Hi there, the intent of OWP holder should be to support the student throughout the program duration. If you book a return ticket then the border services might think your travel is discretionary. That's my understanding based upon the IRCC updates.

Reactions: pramaka16