+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone here who already submitted documents for OOPNP ?

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
There have been quite a few members who have received a PT with zero links to Canada leave aside Ontario.
I am the guy with PT but no ties to Ontario. Have never been to Canada, no friens or relatives there.

I am not sure that PT invitation is enough if I can show no ties. May be just a waste of money

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
There have been quite a few members who have received a PT with zero links to Canada leave aside Ontario.
I am the guy with PT but no ties to Ontario. Have never been to Canada, no friens or relatives there.

I am not sure that PT invitation is enough if I can show no ties. May be just a waste of money

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Asivad Anac said:
Criteria for OOPNP invitation - 400 or above CRS, at least a Canadian Bachelors or equivalent ECA and profile created on or after 1st June.

Chances to secure an invite seem pretty good given the number of members who reported getting an invite - they cut across NOCs and a range of CRS scores. Having links to Ontario is good-to-have but not mandatory. There have been quite a few members who have received a PT with zero links to Canada leave aside Ontario.
Thanks! Does it make any difference if we choose Ontario or all provinces in our EE profile? I mean do the chances of getting OOPNP nomination increase if we select only Ontario?

I have another question and I am not sure if it has been answered here or not. I read somewhere that the provinces select candidates from the EE pool and nominate them. Do they select only those candidates who have filed for PNP for that particular province or do they nominate even if the applicant has not filed for PNP. I am not getting a clear understanding of this.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abhishek901 said:
Thanks! Does it make any difference if we choose Ontario or all provinces in our EE profile? I mean do the chances of getting OOPNP nomination increase if we select only Ontario?

It doesn't make a difference as it is not an eligibility or selection criteria.

I have another question and I am not sure if it has been answered here or not. I read somewhere that the provinces select candidates from the EE pool and nominate them. Do they select only those candidates who have filed for PNP for that particular province or do they nominate even if the applicant has not filed for PNP. I am not getting a clear understanding of this.

That's precisely what OOPNP is doing - setting eligibility criteria and handing out PTs to candidates in the EE pool who satisfy those criteria. The candidate then has to accept the invitation, apply to OOPNP with supporting documents and await a nomination (and those 600 points) from them. Other provinces might have a slightly different way of doing this by asking interested applicants (and who meet their stringent eligibility criteria) to send in their applications for nomination. It depends on the province.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(1) I have ECA for My Masters level degree
(2) I'v cleared IELTS. Have 7.5 band
(3) No problem with proof of funds
(4) work experience is 3 years (that which I can show on paper / that which can be verified) (although I have 10+ years experience)
(5) But My CRS score is around 375. I understand OOPNP has requirement of 400 points
(6) NOC 2281

What are chances of EE / FSW or OO PNP / or any other worthwhile PNP or Federal nomination/stream/immigration path ?

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the above info, if I apply for OO PNP, at this point in time, and they refuse my application .. which has a good of happening .. do they reimburse the fee I paid with the application ? Does it go to waste ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hariskhan said:
With the above info, if I apply for OO PNP, at this point in time, and they refuse my application .. which has a good of happening .. do they reimburse the fee I paid with the application ? Does it go to waste ?
You'll get a refund only if they refuse your application as Incomplete and not if they reject it for some reason.

I find your CRS score of 375 to be surprisingly low for someone with a Master's degree. What is the breakup of your CRS score?

Oka

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Do we need to include marriage certificate if including spouse??
I m surprised no where asked in supporting documents checklist OOPNP...

did any one send it to OOPNP or just ignored since it s not been asked???

Thanks guys...

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Education: MSCS (ECA done. Positive Report from CES)
Married: Yes
Spouse Accompanying: No
IELTS: 7.5 band (S: 8, L: 7, R: 7.5, W: 7)
letter of nomination from a Province or Territory?: No
certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory? (Skilled trade occupations): No
LMIA: No

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Your results
Core/Human factors

Age = 77
Level of education = 135
Official Languages = 113
First Official Language = 113
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 0

Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 325
Spouse factors

Level of education = 0
First Official Languages = 0

Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0
Skill transferability factors
Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0

Subtotal = 25
Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0

Subtotal = 25

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 50
Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 375

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 375

Aug 20, 2014
rahulpatel said:
Those who submitted or planning to submit docs have any kind of connection with ON. I got PT yesterday. CRS 475. M also planning to apply next week but still taking some time to come to conclusion.
rahulpatel - May I ask for the breakup of this 475, planning to apply hence asking. Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hariskhan said:
Education: MSCS (ECA done. Positive Report from CES)
Married: Yes
Spouse Accompanying: No
IELTS: 7.5 band (S: 8, L: 7, R: 7.5, W: 7)
letter of nomination from a Province or Territory?: No
certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory? (Skilled trade occupations): No
LMIA: No

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Your results
Core/Human factors

Age = 77
Level of education = 135
Official Languages = 113
First Official Language = 113
Second Official Language = 0

Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 325
Spouse factors

Level of education = 0
First Official Languages = 0

Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0
Skill transferability factors
Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0

Subtotal = 25
Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0

Subtotal = 25

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 50
Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 375

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 375
Couple of observations...

1. You're married yet your entire calculation is based on being Single. Is that deliberate? Because even if the spouse isn't accompanying, one still has to declare being married and when you do that, the system calculates CRS differently.

2. Do you realize that if only you could increase your Listening score from 7 to 8, you'll be awarded 50 extra points on Skills Transferability?

3. When you include your spouse in this, she can add some points for Education and Language assessment. Definitely not a whole lot but once you get near that 400, every point counts.

I'm not sure if you knew these already, just checking...

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Oka said:
Do we need to include marriage certificate if including spouse??
I m surprised no where asked in supporting documents checklist OOPNP...

did any one send it to OOPNP or just ignored since it s not been asked???

Thanks guys...
OOPNP would only be nominating you and not processing. Its not asked as it will taken care by CIC if you are getting an ITA. your PR. So no worries...

rigel

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Russian said:

We're in the same boat :D

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(1) My intention was to immigrate alone. Settle. Make it possible for my family to join me, once I have made it. Don't want my spouse and child to go through hardships during immigration

(2) Nope, didn't know about that. I'll look into improving my Listening score. That's a good one

(3) I was of the impression, that spouse ECA, IELTS was only necessary, if I needed/wanted her to work in Canada. That not was not my intention. So, I'm not focused on that.

Also, my marriage is not stable "as it is", right now. So, I'm not sure, if I'll still be married or divorced by the time I apply for immigration.