+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone got PPR who applied with 50 additional point + ICT + CEC Inland

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi bimale4bipeople,
I am in the same boat as you, and got an ITA in the recent draw. I am an Inland ICT applicant and have been working for the same employer for last 3 years in Canada and have current work permit valid till Jan 2022.

My employer will not provide any statement like "Valid Job offer for 1 year after PR'. But I can get an email confirmation from the Client for which I have been seconded to Canada that they will keep my contract in Canada for at least 1 year after I get PR.

Will having such written confirmation will help my case or it can have any negative impact on my application processing ?

Could you please suggest.

Thanks,
It falls kinda in a grey zone tbh. Where as the rule say this my PR application was assessed and the 50 points were considered.
Email from client does not help tbh because contractually you are brought to country by your employer and not your client
I would suggest you to go ahead and apply as you do not have any other options

my application was submitted by a lawyer who provided this cover letter on top of the Letter of Reference provided by my organization

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-got-ppr-who-applied-with-50-additional-point-ict-cec-inland.481071/page-21#post-7058213

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Just to let you know that i have a similar situation and planning to apply based on the job offer i have received from the Canadian branch of my company which has a duration of employment for 4 years from October 2022. I am unable to get a letter from my employer that guarantees my employment till 1 year after PR, because PR date is not known.

I have looked around for advice and couldn't find a confirmed case of someone who applied based on similar situation, but also could not find any case for someone who did apply and got in trouble. I'm guessing once people get through they stop answering questions coming from us at the end of the line :) not hating here, wish them all best of luck.

Please share with me your experience or if you have come across any useful info.
It is not like that, people maybe occupied and not able to reply does not mean you will be left behind :D
Please see my reply above hope it may bring in some clarity

Last edited:
Reactions: MABZ

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
It is t like that, people maybe occupied and not able to reply does not mean you will be left behind :D
Please see my reply above hope it may bring in some clarity
thank you for your reply. I went through your responses to others and found them very helpful. as I mentioned in my earlier post, I have updated my profile and got the 50 points. now i am trying to get a letter from my company that supports my employment till 1 year post the PR, although i'm doubtful that they will do that, the best they can do is say that i will be employed till mid-2022. I hope that will be sufficient for the immigration officer. will also use similar narrative to the one used by your lawyer in my LOE, that was very helpful, thanks for sharing it.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
It falls kinda in a grey zone tbh. Where as the rule say this my PR application was assessed and the 50 points were considered.
Email from client does not help tbh because contractually you are brought to country by your employer and not your client
I would suggest you to go ahead and apply as you do not have any other options

my application was submitted by a lawyer who provided this cover letter on top of the Letter of Reference provided by my organization

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-got-ppr-who-applied-with-50-additional-point-ict-cec-inland.481071/page-21#post-7058213
@bimale4bipeople Thank you for this. It seems my eligibility has not met for the submitted job offer which is LMIA exempt. But till date I havent received the correspondence letter. I have requested for GCMS notes. Any thoughts how should I proceed?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
@bimale4bipeople Thank you for this. It seems my eligibility has not met for the submitted job offer which is LMIA exempt. But till date I havent received the correspondence letter. I have requested for GCMS notes. Any thoughts how should I proceed?
I am not sure how you will able to proceed, but I have a question to what you wrote above that your eligibility has not been met. How were able to determine this ?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi bimale4bipeople,
I am in the same boat as you, and got an ITA in the recent draw. I am an Inland ICT applicant and have been working for the same employer for last 3 years in Canada and have current work permit valid till Jan 2022.

My employer will not provide any statement like "Valid Job offer for 1 year after PR'. But I can get an email confirmation from the Client for which I have been seconded to Canada that they will keep my contract in Canada for at least 1 year after I get PR.

Will having such written confirmation will help my case or it can have any negative impact on my application processing ?

Could you please suggest.

Thanks,
Try getting a letter from your direct manager on a plain piece of paper. Use that to support you application together with WP extenion letter.

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Can you raise web form and provide the extension letter highlighting that your organization requires you to stay over the next couple(Or the duration that the extension is for) of year which should be considered as a basis for the 50 points for your firm job offer

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3
Thanks for your response. I did update them with the updated job offer letter which states assignment extended for 2 years. After 10 - 15 days my Background check was changed to Not applicable. So I decided to call CIC and the agent told me its refused. TIll date I have not received any correspondence letter stating the refusal.

vipyad

Jan 16, 2020
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.!!!!
@bimale4bipeople , @Doom__V

I have claimed 50 job offer points and submitted my documents on 31st Jan 2020.
I have supported job offer with below documents:

1) WP Extension letter issued on 6th August 2019 which says that position is extended for 15 months and also lists roles and responsibilities with NOC Code
2) New work permit valid till Jan 2022
3) A letter from from my Client which says that they will extend my SOW for at least 12 months after I get PR.
3) Pay Slips
4) Bonafide letter from Employer
5) Tax forms

I hope that this is sufficient for the agent to pass my case.
Fingers crossed.!!!

Last edited:

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
Now a days they are not approving such cases. They require that words to be written in the job offer letter.
I was denied for 50 points for not having a document for "Arranged Employment" last year 2019 . Though I had Canadian employer reference letter , That did not mention exact words "will continue at-least 1 year after getting PR" ,
They probably would have considered that letter for 1 year Canadian experience.

My advise is, all of us are here taking a chance knowing the grey area and getting influenced by success stories shared by people who got lucky back in year 2017 or 2018 . Those guys are idle for obvious reason now ( as they got what they needed )

Knowing this grey area, if you approach immigration consultants/ lawyers ... They would try to influence your decision , making their money.

You have to be extremely lucky and pray that caseworker approves your case.

If we see any recent cases getting ICT+CEC experience claiming 50 points then we could give it a try..

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
I was denied for 50 points for not having a document for "Arranged Employment" last year 2019 . Though I had Canadian employer reference letter , That did not mention exact words "will continue at-least 1 year after getting PR" ,
They probably would have considered that letter for 1 year Canadian experience.

My advise is, all of us are here taking a chance knowing the grey area and getting influenced by success stories shared by people who got lucky back in year 2017 or 2018 . Those guys are idle for obvious reason now ( as they got what they needed )

Knowing this grey area, if you approach immigration consultants/ lawyers ... They would try to influence your decision , making their money.

You have to be extremely lucky and pray that caseworker approves your case.

If we see any recent cases getting ICT+CEC experience claiming 50 points then we could give it a try..
Did you try sending them reconsideration request with letter of explanation that employer does not provide such letters? do they reject it at once or set the eligibility to not met and then reject it post review of senior officer?

travel2Canada

Jan 8, 2018
Did you try sending them reconsideration request with letter of explanation that employer does not provide such letters? do they reject it at once or set the eligibility to not met and then reject it post review of senior officer?
I did not re apply, It was rejected for once . I did not send request for reconsideration knowing I am not providing necessary information

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
I did not re apply, It was rejected for once . I did not send request for reconsideration knowing I am not providing necessary information
okay. My eligibility has been not met due to the same reason. Till now I have not received the correspondence letter, waiting for my GCMS notes.