Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
Province or City? At least Montreal will be closer. Maybe Gatineau will have an office too, we'll need to see and wait.

@ Inlandappl: great that it went so fast at the office! Was there a big group, or were you alone? Was the office indeed on Boulevard Lebourgneuf?
Did you drive both ways in the same day? That must've been hell! I'm happy for you that finally everything's over, though.
Thanks to everybody for your words. luckily we stopped a couple of nites in quebec city, no way we would have wanted to do it in the same day. it would have been crazy and by the way we were travelling with our daughter ( a 3+ yr old kid). can u imagine what is for a child getting buckled up for 10 hours and the screaming and the quebec city traffic?.we probably could have done it in 8 hours but we had to stop a few times to have a snack , let our daughter relax, etc...we had reserved 2 nites in a motel hotel (pretty nice) not far from the immigration office. yes it was in boulevard lebourgnef but unlike all government buildings there is no sign that inside there is a government bureau. no sign, no flag, nothing, not even the number of the area of the bulding is signalled. a real maze of alleys, shops, toilets and then at last, suite 110....a small sign at the door says "citizenship and immigration canada" inside a very nice simple waiting hall, we were not the only ones, don't know if the other couples were for landing interview or else(didn't ask). they called us even in advance, luckily we were there 30 mins in advance. the landing interview room has a huge big outside saying "DO NOT TRESPASS, ONLY PERSONNEL AUTHORIZED" but inside the room is like a conference room, papers all over the place, very informal, very nice and modern. in the waiting room there is a flammant flag of Canada. there were 4 couples(including us) we arrived in quebec city the day before and left the day after the interview (because the interview was in the afternoon and we didn't want to travel by night. the address of the office is boulevard lebourgnef 825, suite 110.
ask me more if you like
Thanks Jurjen and crazylucy

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Congratulation!! I am happy for you.

I still don't know nothing about my landing date. Guys it's seriously long!!! 27.8. was one year when they opened my folder. :mad: :mad:

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@Inlandappl: sounds like a great landing!

I tried to call CIC on Wednesday, Thursday (2x) and Friday (2x) to ask where my file is right now. I don't even reach the waiting line, I'm kicked out instantly because the max. capacity of the telephone system is reached. How frustrating! They should work with a system in which you can leave a call-back number, so at least they would answer people based on first-come first-serve, not based on luck. :(

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I normally just keep it on re-dial over and over. But I get so tired of the Welcome to Citizen and Immigration Canada! intro. Cant they just get me to the agent part? Hahaha =3

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Just hit the numbers and you don't have to listen to all the standard messages. As soon as I hear "Welcome to..." I hit 1-1-1-1-0-0. About half a second up to a second between each entry and it'll work.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
Just hit the numbers and you don't have to listen to all the standard messages. As soon as I hear "Welcome to..." I hit 1-1-1-1-0-0. About half a second up to a second between each entry and it'll work.
exactly how i did it. yes, after a while you definitely don't want to hear those messages......

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Finally after days, I got through, I explain my situation and get kicked-out half-way. Then it's noon, so all the lines are busy, since lunch break started in this time zone. *screams*

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
Finally after days, I got through, I explain my situation and get kicked-out half-way. Then it's noon, so all the lines are busy, since lunch break started in this time zone. *screams*
try more!! once i called at past 4 p.m. and they gave me the line and they answered my call at 4.20 p.m.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Just got off the phone about 15min ago. The 10min wait turned out over 15min, but at least I got through.

There was a nice calm man that gave me all the details I wanted to hear (although he was really running ANY possible security question, like the telephone number that we had for about a week, but was cancelled by the phone company and was replaced by another one). Our file was sent from Québec to Montreal the 15th and was received the 19th of September. Currently it takes about a month to get a landing interview in Montreal (which is what the forummers here say). If I didn't get any notice by October 22nd, we need to call CIC and ask what happened. The landing will most likely be at the end of October. Based on previous results (and that Vegreville is running very slow nowadays) I would say the landing will be half October.

Ow... And counting down 10 days until local health care!
(Too bad Québec just announced a 540 million budget cut on that. But they do have 200 million for a new stadium/amphitheatre in Québec that nobody needs. Go figure...)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
Just got off the phone about 15min ago. The 10min wait turned out over 15min, but at least I got through.

There was a nice calm man that gave me all the details I wanted to hear (although he was really running ANY possible security question, like the telephone number that we had for about a week, but was cancelled by the phone company and was replaced by another one). Our file was sent from Québec to Montreal the 15th and was received the 19th of September. Currently it takes about a month to get a landing interview in Montreal (which is what the forummers here say). If I didn't get any notice by October 22nd, we need to call CIC and ask what happened. The landing will most likely be at the end of October. Based on previous results (and that Vegreville is running very slow nowadays) I would say the landing will be half October.
Now, i don't understand, you live in quebec city and you got your file transferred to montreal?? i know it is less waiting time (i guess ) for montreal but this makes me think that in quebec city they only send people who live in gaspesie(like me) or cote nord or kuujuuaq?????or , i hope not, for you. and when your file will arrive in montreal, like it happened to me, they will send it back to quebec city!!! well good luck with everything. hope you don't have to wait 4 and a half months like me for a landing interview (since decision made)

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
No no no no!!! The whole chaos was because we moved to Montreal in the same week as Vegreville finished up our file, so the new address wasn't processed in time, so everything was sent to Québec. :p

That's why I was ranting about the address change system from CIC early August. You can't submit your new address more than 3 weeks up front (so I did it a week before moving), but it still takes 3 weeks to process it (they only tell that after sending it in). And they took more then 3 weeks for us, so then I submitted it again 5 weeks later and then it was processed within 1 or 2 days.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
No no no no!!! The whole chaos was because we moved to Montreal in the same week as Vegreville finished up our file, so the new address wasn't processed in time, so everything was sent to Québec. :p

That's why I was ranting about the address change system from CIC early August. You can't submit your new address more than 3 weeks up front (so I did it a week before moving), but it still takes 3 weeks to process it (they only tell that after sending it in). And they took more then 3 weeks for us, so then I submitted it again 5 weeks later and then it was processed within 1 or 2 days.
ok, now i understand

buima

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
They say Montreal is way faster than other VO;and I think many staff from Qc r back from holidays so ur interview should be soon. :p

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
so happy i just got today the letter fromCIC to forward to MICC? anyone knows whats next?thank u

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
lyrical said:
so happy i just got today the letter fromCIC to forward to MICC? anyone knows whats next?thank u
you have to include a copy of the letter you received from CIC in the quebec application package. You have to complete all the forms in french (you can use the english form just to help you filling it) but you have to send the french one. you have to complete the credit card payment form and authorize the charge of 253 canadian dollars. more details on the application package can be found here
click on this link:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html

because you need these forms in french click the "english language" button on the top right of the page and the forms in french will appear

i assume you need the application without financial requirements which is usually the case when you are sponsored by your partner. in case you have to sponsor a child or a parent or grandparent you need the other kit with financial requirements

then you will receive the Certificat de selection du quebec at home around 3-4 weeks after and the copy signed by the quebec immigration officer of the undertaking application. quebec selection certificate is a very important document. you will need it for many many things, including the quebec health card. don't lose the original. it will be requested by everybody, including at the landing interview

MICC himself will contact vegreville when Certificate du selection du quebec will be issued and approved. that will make your federal application (CIC) go on. if you don't apply with MICC your application will be stopped. so you have to apply with the quebec government as soon as possible