App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
They never asked me for a fingerprint at all. I applied inland.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Ferret said:
Oh man my brain is boiling trying to sort through all this stuff. I'll give some background on my situation and then see if anyone can answer a few questions

I am 21, currently in Montreal, living with my boyfriend (and intended sponsor) at his parents house. He was a friend I had made online and met in the past, and when he decided to study a year in the US, I invited him to move with me and my other roommate into an apartment while he was in school in my town. He arrived mid august, and within a month we were dating. I visited Montreal over christmas and met his family, checked the place out. I graduated from university in june and we sold all my stuff and drove across Canada. I've been here a little over 3 weeks now.

So now I'm here looking for an employer who might be willing to get me a temporary work permit (I'm a graphic designer), and trying to get my forms together for my application for permanent residence. The way I understand it, we need to fill out our Sponsorship application ALONG WITH my application for permanent residence, which goes to the government of canada (CIC), and once THAT gets accepted, we get a letter that must accompany the Undertaking application which goes to the government of quebec (MICC).

A few questions:

1. On the application for residence, it asks me if my CSQ has been accepted yet, or else, when I applied. What IS that? I thought that's what I apply for AFTER canada approves me?

2.When I tried calling to talk to someone on the phone, they said that if I was already in canada, I should send in my work application at the same time to get an open work visa ASAP. But I thought you needed a job offer for that? Does anyone know about this magical open work visa?

3. I'm applying from within canada, but at one point in the instructions it says that the family class is designed to speed things up, and that it's faster from outside of canada. They say I can "Can apply to a visa office outside Canada to take advantage of the family class processing standard." So I just mail it to a US visa office instead of canadas? And would I still be able to get that open work visa?

4. The medical exam. They say it's a required form when I'm applying for residence, but then they also say that my medical exam forms will be mailed to me after I send in my application, and that I don't need them to apply. It's contradictory! Do I send in my application without the medical exam papers? They send them to ME?

I know I'm asking a lot, and maybe it'll just be helpful to have it all written down. It's just that every time I try to sit down and fill out my forms, they all seem to contradict eachother and I end up going in circles
1. On the application for residence, it asks me if my CSQ has been accepted yet, or else, when I applied. What IS that? I thought that's what I apply for AFTER canada approves me? Because you applied in Quebec, you get an extra step. The jist of it is Quebec also has to approve of you. (To be honest, it's mostly a formality) You dont get this until 6-7 months of your application being in process.

2.When I tried calling to talk to someone on the phone, they said that if I was already in canada, I should send in my work application at the same time to get an open work visa ASAP. But I thought you needed a job offer for that? Does anyone know about this magical open work visa? You get an open work permit when your sponsor and you are approved and you are waiting for 2nd stage approval, roughly 10 months after you sent off your permanent resident visa application. It's pretty much saying "You are approved, but we have to look into your background, health and security, in the meantime, you can work!"

3. I'm applying from within canada, but at one point in the instructions it says that the family class is designed to speed things up, and that it's faster from outside of canada. They say I can "Can apply to a visa office outside Canada to take advantage of the family class processing standard." So I just mail it to a US visa office instead of canadas? And would I still be able to get that open work visa? Their logic for this is because you're inside Canada, there is no huge rush to process your application after someone who is not together. However, you can go and visit your sponsor in Canada whilst your visa is in process. So, yes the outland is processed a lot quicker than inland. However, you cannot work while you're on an outland processing.

4. The medical exam. They say it's a required form when I'm applying for residence, but then they also say that my medical exam forms will be mailed to me after I send in my application, and that I don't need them to apply. It's contradictory! Do I send in my application without the medical exam papers? They send them to ME? To be on the safe side, I would (and did) send the medical off at the same time.

Ferret

Aug 2, 2011
2.When I tried calling to talk to someone on the phone, they said that if I was already in canada, I should send in my work application at the same time to get an open work visa ASAP. But I thought you needed a job offer for that? Does anyone know about this magical open work visa? You get an open work permit when your sponsor and you are approved and you are waiting for 2nd stage approval, roughly 10 months after you sent off your permanent resident visa application. It's pretty much saying "You are approved, but we have to look into your background, health and security, in the meantime, you can work!" But is there an actual form for this somewhere? It isn't in the kit, or on the document checklist.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp

Here would be the best place to do so.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi everybody. i just called the call centre and they told me again that they made a mistake with my file they are sending the aplication back and forth between local offices....ridicoulous....i have been approved at the end of april and i'm still waiting for a landing interview which could happen(if i'm lucky) at the start of september.my question is: how long after the landing interview does it take to have the permanent residence card? I have a confirmed flight to Italy on the 9 th of december and im going to go anyway. i had enough of this bureaucracy. is there a way i can get my first permanent resident card, in case is needed, in an urgent way?maybe i will be able to get it on time or maybe i'll try to give the keys of my postal box to some people i know so that they can send it to me to italy....any advice on waiting times for first permanent resident card after landing interview?Thanks a lot!

S

SM1983

hey,

I received my letter today.. my landing interview is on the 25th of August. my lawyer told me that I can get a permanent residence card very quickly if I send my application with a copy of ticket or a PAID RECEIPT of such... and add on my application URGENT PROOF OF TRAVEL INCLUDED.... very important make sure you order your •Supplementary Identification Form (IMM 5455) online or by phone. The wait time is 39 days... but as I mentioned before it could be sooner, way sooner if you have proof of travel, which you do.

AS PER CIC WEBSITE
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445E7.asp
If your application is considered urgent due to imminent travel, mail your completed application by registered mail to the address shown above.
Include a copy of your plane ticket and, write: “Urgent—Proof of travel included” on your envelope.

I am so sorry about all your mix up. I hope it all works out for you... I wish you the very best.... Hope your letter arrives soon..

Try to send a fax or write to CIC at 1010 st. Antoine, you have nothing to lose.

All the best again!!!!

Take care...

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
SM1983 said:
hey,

I received my letter today.. my landing interview is on the 25th of August. my lawyer told me that I can get a permanent residence card very quickly if I send my application with a copy of ticket or a PAID RECEIPT of such... and add on my application URGENT PROOF OF TRAVEL INCLUDED.... very important make sure you order your •Supplementary Identification Form (IMM 5455) online or by phone. The wait time is 39 days... but as I mentioned before it could be sooner, way sooner if you have proof of travel, which you do.

AS PER CIC WEBSITE
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445E7.asp
If your application is considered urgent due to imminent travel, mail your completed application by registered mail to the address shown above.
Include a copy of your plane ticket and, write: “Urgent—Proof of travel included” on your envelope.

I am so sorry about all your mix up. I hope it all works out for you... I wish you the very best.... Hope your letter arrives soon..

Try to send a fax or write to CIC at 1010 st. Antoine, you have nothing to lose.

All the best again!!!!

Take care...
Thanks for the info!are you having the landing interview in Montreal or quebec city? or somewhere else?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
SM1983 said:
It's in Montreal, at Guy Favreau..

I do hope you get your letter soon...

Sending extra luck... :)
Nope it is in Vieux Montreal but close to your Guy Favreau

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Hello,

I got an eCas update today! A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Bubli said:
Hello,

I got an eCas update today! A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Congrats!!! Very happy for you!

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Thank you very much!!!

Do u know what is next?

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Hello,

in ecas is decision has been made, but its still - in process..

today i received a letter that i need Police Certificate from United Kingdom. I wrote to application address from UK, they asked for addresses in past 5 years. So i wrote i live there, but not longer than 6 months.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Ferret said:
2.When I tried calling to talk to someone on the phone, they said that if I was already in canada, I should send in my work application at the same time to get an open work visa ASAP. But I thought you needed a job offer for that? Does anyone know about this magical open work visa? You get an open work permit when your sponsor and you are approved and you are waiting for 2nd stage approval, roughly 10 months after you sent off your permanent resident visa application. It's pretty much saying "You are approved, but we have to look into your background, health and security, in the meantime, you can work!" But is there an actual form for this somewhere? It isn't in the kit, or on the document checklist.
The form for this needs to be IN the envelope with the PR application and the undertaking application (so: the whole shabang togetter!) This is the only way to not have to go through eligible stuff like have a job offer, etc. Use the form "to extend your stay or change the conditions": http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Congrats to everyone that received good news from MICC and CIC!!